Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Launch Trailer - Prep Yourself for July 20th - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Really had fun in ark, just building a house, taming dinos, met new friends. But eventually like all games I lost my interest but was worth my 20 euro!

If this game is around 15-25 I will buy it. Anyone knows the price?

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    "And so it happens, the magical version of Ark early access is to begin."
    "We'll see how good this game will be......"
    "Good. Let see the community feedback once they get their hands on it."
    "Yes but who is the publisher, because I really don't trust Snail Games anymore"
    "So I guess we will soon figure out if it is an MMO or a multi player survival sandbox."
    ""EARLY ACCESS" is NOT the day people are waiting for,they are waiting for a finished product ,a game we can see and decide if it is worth investing time and money into."
    "yay early access wipings...weeee"
    "Yup, go ahead and waste your money and time folks."

Please, tell me more...
    SirLorn[Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    Nevermind, found the price. 

hmmm maybeeee I will buy it.

Hope I got enough time, atm doing some casual savage raiding in ffxiv. Found a nice static.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

MaxBacon said:

And so it happens, the magical version of Ark early access is to begin. O.o

Thats worse. Now Wildcard is owned by Chinese company :)
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

Wizardry said:

"EARLY ACCESS" is NOT the day people are waiting for,they are waiting for a finished product ,a game we can see and decide if it is worth investing time and money into.

This is nothing more than a cash grab,free money without having a finished product and by claiming EARLY access ,TRIES to escape criticism.

Well it doesn't work that way,you don't get to have your cake and eat it too.If you are asking money to play your game,it is a SALE,IDC that two words "Early access" allows you to circumvent the law.

What SHOULD be happening and what promotion/endorsement sites like mmorpg SHOULD be doing is forcing these lame ass devs/publishers to stand up and tell us exactly what is missing and when that content is coming.If it is EA as claimed,then you should have a long list of development features to come and SHOULD know when "within reason"they can be expected in the game.

I will tel you why it won't ever happen,they don't have the money to invest anymore in the game,they want your money so they can further invest "wing it"as money arrives and get rich off of half assed efforts.They will put in VERY little effort as proven over the years,their investors just want the money to roll and that is all they care about.

There has ONLY been ONE up front game developer EVER that has come right out with the long term development and timeline and that is Square Enix.I did notice one other recently but only after it was forced out,they did not come out on their own and it was only a very small to do list.Everything else in the industry is a secret,you know why,because they don't know wtf the yare doing moving forward,most devs sit and think about cheaper ways to make money with as little effort as possible,they do NOT want any guaranteed long term investments.

did your obnoxious personality get you fired at blizzard?
  • asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43

Wizardry said:

"EARLY ACCESS" is NOT the day people are waiting for,they are waiting for a finished product ,a game we can see and decide if it is worth investing time and money into.

This is nothing more than a cash grab,free money without having a finished product and by claiming EARLY access ,TRIES to escape criticism.

Well it doesn't work that way,you don't get to have your cake and eat it too.If you are asking money to play your game,it is a SALE,IDC that two words "Early access" allows you to circumvent the law.

What SHOULD be happening and what promotion/endorsement sites like mmorpg SHOULD be doing is forcing these lame ass devs/publishers to stand up and tell us exactly what is missing and when that content is coming.If it is EA as claimed,then you should have a long list of development features to come and SHOULD know when "within reason"they can be expected in the game.

I will tel you why it won't ever happen,they don't have the money to invest anymore in the game,they want your money so they can further invest "wing it"as money arrives and get rich off of half assed efforts.They will put in VERY little effort as proven over the years,their investors just want the money to roll and that is all they care about.

There has ONLY been ONE up front game developer EVER that has come right out with the long term development and timeline and that is Square Enix.I did notice one other recently but only after it was forced out,they did not come out on their own and it was only a very small to do list.Everything else in the industry is a secret,you know why,because they don't know wtf the yare doing moving forward,most devs sit and think about cheaper ways to make money with as little effort as possible,they do NOT want any guaranteed long term investments.

definitly, the games is gorgeous but, no content game are everywhere ours poor days, gl to the one who buy it
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Renoaku said:
    Yes but who is the publisher, because I really don't trust Snail Games anymore after both failures of Age OF Wushu & Black Gold?
    That's why i'm staying away from it. Snail does the thing if the game is not successful they just abandon it and leave it online to get money from players. The cash shop is a big thing for them. 
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Hariken said:

Renoaku said:

Yes but who is the publisher, because I really don't trust Snail Games anymore after both failures of Age OF Wushu & Black Gold?

That's why i'm staying away from it. Snail does the thing if the game is not successful they just abandon it and leave it online to get money from players. The cash shop is a big thing for them. 

What
  • dragonsidragonsi Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Is there Open World PVP here? I do not believe in open world PVP and getting ganked on the spur of the moment, and hunted relentlessly. I am already NOT playing Alibion Online and Arcfall for the same reasons. They could create a PVP and PVE world server but refuse to, so I refuse to play their game. I only play games that have PVP battlefields that you can volunteer to PVP in.
    Pesky
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157

dragonsi said:

Is there Open World PVP here? I do not believe in open world PVP and getting ganked on the spur of the moment, and hunted relentlessly. I am already NOT playing Alibion Online and Arcfall for the same reasons. They could create a PVP and PVE world server but refuse to, so I refuse to play their game. I only play games that have PVP battlefields that you can volunteer to PVP in.

I totally agree with you. I too hate open world PVP games.

But don't dismiss Arcfall just yet, the developer has said they're going to use a karma system. If you don't want to PvP then you just keep your karma high and you never have to worry about it. I almost dismissed the game as well, until I learned about this system.

As for Dark and Light. I'm interested, but I'll wait until I know more about it before I commit. That's why I always read the comments. User feedback and reviews are so incredibly valuable around here :)
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    So I hear people from China will be playing on the same servers as people from NA. Yeah...no thanks. You can keep your bot and hack infested game to yourself. It's going to be a nightmare.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Ginaz said:
    So I hear people from China will be playing on the same servers as people from NA. Yeah...no thanks. You can keep your bot and hack infested game to yourself. It's going to be a nightmare.

You could just have your own server?

I'm going to jump in those I think I'm just going to run this as a private server.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    €23 downloading it now. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    OVERALL:
    Very Negative (109 reviews)

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    edited July 2017
    Meh. There are far too many games like this. I was hoping for something a bit more moving / innovative.
    So far I like it lol

60 fps