Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting

Whats your ideas about crafting ?

It seems that everybody praises the crafting from 'Vanguard: Saga of Heroes' and 'Star Wars: Galaxies'.

Personally I had in the end leveled all six crafter classes in Vanguard, and I am highly annoyed this work is lost now; I was so happy when I was done leveling those.

Well I wasnt even finished yet I still needed to learn all houses (required questlines) and ship types (required being maxlevel and solving raids).

I crafted endlessly consumeables, bags and saddlebags in Vanguard. Thats in the end my main complaint about Vangard crafting - why bother.

I also didnt liked how originally you could level a pure crafter and in the end you would be forced to raid etc. Basically the devs forced you to make a 55/50/50 character (adventuring / crafting / diplomacy level).

See also previous thread: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441079/the-big-thread-crafting/p1

Unfortunately Silkyvenom is down, so the link in the starter posting to the Silyvenom Wiki of Vanguard is dead now. Sorry to everyone who never experienced Vanguard crafting.

Basically it had crafter classes (blacksmith that could specialize into weapon smith or armor smith, artificer that could specialize into carpenter/woodworking/ships and bows or mineralogist/stone and gems/houses and jewelry and stone weapons, and finally outfitter that could specialize into leatherworker/leather armor and saddlebags or tailor/cloth armor and bags), crafting level (1 to 50), crafting stats (4 attributes, 3 skills), crafting gear (clothing, tools), crafting consumeables (like oil, water etc), and a pretty complex crafting game to produce something.

Theres still a simple overview over Vanguard crafting here: http://vanguard.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I miss having crafting skills that add to the feel of your character. In my case, that meant taking out my fletching kit and making arrows I could then use. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Amathe said:
    I miss having crafting skills that add to the feel of your character. In my case, that meant taking out my fletching kit and making arrows I could then use. 
    I am now at a point with game selections that I can comfortably say if an RPG doesnt have crafting AND building that I am not playing it

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me