Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infographic Showing Changes For Patch 3.0

Comments

• VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    "[...] from the SomethingAwful forums [...]" the Reddit source says. And the goon touch is obvious in this one.
    Odeezeerpmcmurphy
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Vikingir said:
    "[...] from the SomethingAwful forums [...]" the Reddit source says. And the goon touch is obvious in this one.
    Is there some wrong info on that picture? I think it looks accurate.
    rpmcmurphy

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2017
    Vrika said:
    The nitpick beating of the massive dead horse ongoing for many months on stuff we already knew, I guess someone making a shiny graphic makes it news again somehow...

If you're informed the wrong info is easy to spot, the Citizencon demo was not related to 3.0.
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy
  • OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Vrika said:
    Vikingir said:
    info without context and relevance is useless. no one can be intellectually honest and come up with those graphs.
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"
    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:
    The nitpick beating of the massive dead horse ongoing for many months on stuff we already knew, I guess someone making a shiny graphic makes it news again somehow...

If you're informed the wrong info is easy to spot, the Citizencon demo was not related to 3.0.
    It says that 3.0 was further explained during the Citizencon demo.  You're arguing largely semantics, as the presentation containing the demo with the sandworm (unless there's more than one?) is here and, prior to that demo being shown in the presentation, Chris talks about 3.0 and beyond (check 1:13:07).
    rpmcmurphyMaxBacon

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited July 2017
    An easy to read info graph that shows how much is lacking from the original patch instantly dismissed because grr goons bad.

Of course the sandworm wasn't anything to do with 3.0, at least, it wasn't once it became apparent that the demo was a load of BS, as was most of citizencon, designed to fleece cash from people using smoke and mirrors.

Wonder if they're gonna role out another "3.0" video for gamescon or will 4.0 be the new Jesus patch?

One patch to show them all,
    one patch to blind them,
    one patch to bring them all
    and in the cash shop bind them.
    Post edited by Psychos1s on
    [Deleted User]
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> goons bad. >>>

Its not about "goons being bad".

Its about Goons doing things only for propaganda value. All part of their Agitprop campaign. It is their modus operandi. And they openly admit it.

Like any demagogue before them they only present selective information with a bias. Never the full picture. Never putting it into context. Maximising propaganda value. Always with the goal in mind to maximise the shock and outrage value ... because chaos is their goal and chaos is their method.

Have fun little bees

PS:
    Getting sentimental here ... i miss singing songs with Suas ....

VikingirOdeezee
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Erillion said:
    >>> goons bad. >>>

Its about Goons doing things only for propaganda value. All part of their Agitprop campaign. It is their modus operandi. And they openly admit it.

Like any demagogue before them they only present selective information with a bias. Never the full picture. Never putting it into context. Maximising propaganda value. Always with the goal in mind to maximise the shock and outrage value ... because chaos is their goal and chaos is their method.

Have fun little bees

PS:
    Getting sentimental here ... i miss singing songs with Suas ....

I've played EvE since 2004, been involved in most the wars against goons so I know how they operate, but the same can be said about a lot of stuff that comes from CIG, as is the case with most things the truth is somewhere in between, which honestly would still point to a project that's in a bit of a mess.
    Kefo
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Erillion said:
    >>> goons bad. >>>

Like any demagogue before them they only present selective information with a bias. Never the full picture. Never putting it into context. Maximising propaganda value. Always with the goal in mind
    If the goons openly admit their aim to present selective information with bias, then they're more honest and trustworthy people than Star Citizen fans who refuse to even admit it.
    Vikingir

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Vrika said:
    If the goons openly admit their aim to present selective information with bias, then they're more honest and trustworthy people than Star Citizen fans who refuse to even admit it.
    If you mention "Goons" and "trustworthy" in the same sentence, you have understood nothing about the Goons.

Heck, they have been robbed and betrayed by their own leaders! Twice! (at least)
    How's that for "trustworthy" ?

Coming back to the topic of the thread ... ANY infographic coming from the Goons should be taken with a grain of salt ... about the size of a salt mine.

Have fun
    VikingirShodanas
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    The only thing that is of any importance to me is whether the information is correct. Anything else is completely irrelevant.
    MaxBacon
    edited July 2017
    It says that 3.0 was further explained during the Citizencon demo.  You're arguing largely semantics, as the presentation containing the demo with the sandworm (unless there's more than one?) is here and, prior to that demo being shown in the presentation, Chris talks about 3.0 and beyond (check 1:13:07).
    Sorry but it's simply wrong information.

Citizencon demo was not 3.0, the planet shown was not part Stanton and it was a tech demo of the "v2" tech. There's one interview with Erin Roberts I think where he specifically talks the 3.0 releases the v1 tech with the v2 improvements, but the whole flora biomes thing with weather and such is another story. So I'm not arguing semantics.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    rpmcmurphyVikingirOdeezee
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    MaxBacon said:

Citizencon demo was not 3.0, the planet shown was not part Stanton and the "v2" technology shown was not to release on 3.0. There's one interview with Erin Roberts I think where he specifically talks the 3.0 releases the v1 tech, the v2 is the whole flora biomes thing with weather and such. So I'm not arguing semantics.
    Sources
    rpmcmurphyOdeezee

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

MaxBacon said:

Citizencon demo was not 3.0, the planet shown was not part Stanton and it was a tech demo of the "v2" tech. There's one interview with Erin Roberts I think where he specifically talks the 3.0 releases the v1 tech, the v2 is the whole flora biomes thing with weather and such. So I'm not arguing semantics.
    But, again, 3.0 WAS further explained during that presentation.  So, again, you're arguing semantics.  Citizencon did feature Chris explaining more about 3.0 (and beyond).  Chris specifically talks about what's planned for that release.  Sounds like an explanation of 3.0 to me.

rpmcmurphy

edited July 2017
    But, again, 3.0 WAS further explained during that presentation.  So, again, you're arguing semantics.  Citizencon did feature Chris explaining more about 3.0 (and beyond).  Chris specifically talks about what's planned for that release.  Sounds like an explanation of 3.0 to me.
    The point is what we saw at Citizencon that was a tech demo purposely created for that demo, it was not part of 3.0. "...the Homestead demo won't see inclusion in 3.0 and is purpose-built for the CitizenCon unveil of Planets V2, as CR in this interview."

This here states that 3.0 was explored during Citizencon's demo, any uninformed person will understand that the citizencon demo was of 3.0 and not that 3.0 was talked about during a demo that was not of 3.0.
    rpmcmurphyVikingir
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    The point is what we saw at Citizencon that was a tech demo purposely created for that demo, it was not part of 3.0. "...the Homestead demo won't see inclusion in 3.0 and is purpose-built for the CitizenCon unveil of Planets V2, as CR in this interview."

This here states that 3.0 was explored during Citizencon's demo, no matter how you dismiss it any uninformed person will understand that the citizencon demo was of 3.0 and not that 3.0 was talked about during a demo that was not of 3.0. So yeah, It's fair for me to call that wrong information, hence I stand by it.
    So your argument completely hinges on the use of the word demo?

Because, as I pointed out, the 3.0 was detailed in the presentation.  One that ended with the sandworm being shown.

Because, as I pointed out, the 3.0 was detailed in the presentation.  One that ended with the sandworm being shown.
    Explored + Demo, not explained and not detailed. I think the goon phrased it that way intentionally, what misleads who's uninformed that that demo was of 3.0. 
    rpmcmurphyVikingirOdeezee
    MaxBacon said:

I think the goon phrased it that way intentionally...
    Nah, that's just your bias, you're reading far too much into it like some juiced up conspiracy theorist.
    VikingirMaxBacon
    edited July 2017
    Nah, that's just your bias, you're reading far too much into it like some juiced up conspiracy theorist.
    hahahaha, oh Goons, such innocent honest people who totally have no hidden agenda in the play on this whole obsession with SC.... Bias... Bias... Bias... I see. :)
    Vikingirrpmcmurphy
    MaxBacon said:

Explored + Demo, not explained and not detailed. I think the goon phrased it that way intentionally, what misleads who's uninformed that that demo was of 3.0. 
    Sorry Max, but that is exactly an argument on semantics.  Explored in this instance means that Chris went into detail about what's in store with 3.0, I think everyone with a smidgen of reading comprehension can connect those dots.
    rpmcmurphy

edited July 2017
    Sorry Max, but that is exactly an argument on semantics.  Explored in this instance means that Chris went into detail about what's in store with 3.0, I think everyone with a smidgen of reading comprehension can connect those dots.
    I think you are being purposely selective. So you would say, someone who is not aware or informed of this, who reads that, will understand that 3.0 was talked during Citizencon or not that the demo was about 3.0?

If something is meant to be informative then it should be clear, that and the CR's quote at the end cuts one bit where a disclaimer is added, without it, it implies a statement of certainty.
    rpmcmurphy
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    hahahaha, oh Goons, such innocent honest people who totally have no hidden agenda in the play on this whole obsession with SC.... Bias... Bias... Bias... I see. :)
    Don't forget "trustworthy". And they'll never double-cross you if you have a contract with them either. ;) Oh, wait, it's impossible to have a binding contract with the goons, because of their (missing) organization rules (basically total anarchy) you just have to trust them to uphold the deal ... uh, oh. Yeah, I totally forgot that.
    Erillion
    Best regards,
    Viking
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Which is all besides the point. What you were arguing over was something you wanted to believe was intended without any actual proof of intent.

Just because the guy wrote explored + demo does not mean he was trying to manipulate people's thoughts like you were inferring. That's a considerable leap to make.
    MaxBacon said:
    I think you are being purposely selective. So you would say, someone who is not aware or informed of this, who reads that, will understand that 3.0 was talked during Citizencon or not that the demo was about 3.0?

If something is meant to be informative then it should be clear, that and the CR's quote at the end cuts one bit where a disclaimer is added, without it, it implies a statement of certainty.
    Someone who is not aware or informed of SC would have no idea what the demo even contained for reference.  Unless, of course, they decided to watch the presentation (as I did), where it becomes immediately obvious what part of the presentation is focused on "exploring" what 3.0 will bring.

You're using your intimate knowledge of the game's development to nitpick at wording.  The general public won't see any difference, and there's a good reason for that, one not intertwined with imagined conspiracies against the game.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2017
    It is a job in and of itself to keep up is all the videos and the latest Dev statements.  Plus keep up on all the changes and updates.  I can see why some employees do it because it's their job but the average gamer may not be able to.  I usually just follow that 'Boredgamer' streamer and read the forums sometimes to get an overview but that's about it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey