Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with Archeage

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
Archeage has a pretty graphic. Slightly better than GW2. The problem is

1. Too much seperate servers. This happen because Archeage has no loading screen. When no loading screen, seperate server will be added. I dont mind loading screen like GW2. When too much seperate server, play are divided and we have a low populated players in most of server. Look at ragnarok online they only have max 2 server, and one of the server has like 3k-5k players.

2. Combat not fluid like gw2. u need to hold normal attack to do special attack. I hate holding button. I prefer relaxed casual play because it mmorpg not moba.

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    ArcheAge combat, if done by players of similar gearscore, kicks the crap out of GW2 IMO. A lot more customization, a lot more fun. It does a better job of being like GW1 than GW2.

The issue is similar gearscore. That is the main issue with all of ArcheAge. You can either swipe hard or spend forever building gear. Or you can have a hardcore system / connection that allows you to run trains of 5+ clients / haulers to make the money fast. They were supposed to fix that so you could only effectively do 2 haulers at once by making it so the follow command didn't work on someone else already using follow.

Instead they ended up selling tickets that allow you to make the trains longer, that are easy to afford for anyone doing alt trains.

The game is all about gearing and not at all about PvP. Most of the big shots in ArcheAge are terrible players who only can compete because of their gear. If you stuck them in a game that actually took skill they would last about five seconds.
    Gdemamixyzercrime
    edited July 2017
    Also every ArcheAge thread turns into a "Trion is a bad company because _______". Trion isn't blameless but they also aren't the main issue. All of the crap ruining ArcheAge is in the Korean version. All the bad decisions are coming down the line from the Korean version. XLGames is the primary company ruining ArcheAge. Including the disastrous 3.5 patch that killed the market for non-swipers, and is killing their game a bit more every day they don't fix it.

Every person on my Teamspeak who plays or has played ArcheAge, is either just biding their time while they wait for them to fix it, or has given up on it entirely. And it's due to changes that got passed on down the line from XL.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What did patch 3.5 do to screw things up?
    Essentially they utterly destroyed commerce, farming, larceny... nearly every way you can use to make money in-game.

The first issue is they lied to us. They told us "In 3.5 we will make it so that you can't follow someone who is already following someone else." This would have utterly ruined people who multibox massive hauler trains by limiting them to only 2 haulers per train. Doing so would have brought up the value of gold for everyone else, and made the game more competitive for everyone else. When they implemented it they made it so you could buy an item on the cash shop that represented less than a days hauling to an alt-hauler in order to add more haulers to your train, making the fix effectively worthless.

Then they made it so that all packs bring in less money, made all of the components to make packs more expensive, and in general just screwed commerce in every way they could. The alt haulers are still at it crashing the rates for everyone who trades, which means anyone who's actually a legit trader has pretty-much given up on it.

Then as previously mentioned. They ruined farming. Farming had the seed prices jacked up, which they tried to pass on to traders by jacking farmed good prices up, but everyone who ran a single hauler quit out of commerce so... Farming isn't very profitable anymore either.

I don't know the exact changes made to larceny and fishing but I was told both of those have been screwed over. Which is funny as they've already screwed larceny over the past few patches/expansions.

Now people flooding into other markets because their primary revenue source got crushed appears to have crushed the rest of the market. I mean we've found remaining revenue streams, but it's simply much more difficult to make gold than it was before the patch. However the value of APEX has gone back up so swiping is still making just as much gold as it was before, in a market where gold is more scarce for everyone else.

3.5 was a blatant attempt to get people to buy more APEX as far as I see it. It's backfired on them and caused a mass exodus instead. The server we play on is practically dead now.

GdemamiKyleranxyzercrime
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Eldurian said:
    ArcheAge combat, if done by players of similar gearscore, kicks the crap out of GW2 IMO. A lot more customization, a lot more fun. It does a better job of being like GW1 than GW2.

The issue is similar gearscore. That is the main issue with all of ArcheAge. You can either swipe hard or spend forever building gear. Or you can have a hardcore system / connection that allows you to run trains of 5+ clients / haulers to make the money fast. They were supposed to fix that so you could only effectively do 2 haulers at once by making it so the follow command didn't work on someone else already using follow.

Instead they ended up selling tickets that allow you to make the trains longer, that are easy to afford for anyone doing alt trains.

The game is all about gearing and not at all about PvP. Most of the big shots in ArcheAge are terrible players who only can compete because of their gear. If you stuck them in a game that actually took skill they would last about five seconds.
    i like gw2 combat and spvp. it combines mmorpg with moba
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    The problem with F2P games are P4F gamers who don't want to use the cash shop.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

edited July 2017
    Konfess said:
    The problem with F2P games are P4F gamers who don't want to use the cash shop.
    That certainly isn't the case for me. I pay the subscription fee in any game I deem as worth my time to play. But no I don't use the cash shop. I paid my 15$ and for the first few months of fresh start I even had an additional account I was paying for. And my fiance was premium as well.

The issue is that 45$ a month and 2-4 hours of playtime month isn't much when the big anti pay to win developer of Ashes of Creation is dropping 600$ a week (2400$ a month) on his ArcheAge guild on top of all the people in it already swiping.
    Gdemami
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I really enjoyed AA up to level 30.  Then forced PvP started.  No worries I knew what I was getting into.  So had fun up to then.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I really enjoyed AA up to level 30.  Then forced PvP started.  No worries I knew what I was getting into.  So had fun up to then.
    The PvP is amazingly fun but the issue is PvP is exceptionally rare in ArcheAge. It's gear vs gear and players do little to determine the outcome other than bring their gear.
    d_20
    Eldurian said:
    The PvP is amazingly fun but the issue is PvP is exceptionally rare in ArcheAge. It's gear vs gear and players do little to determine the outcome other than bring their gear.
    thats why we need seperate pvp and pve..
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

1. Too much seperate servers. This happen because Archeage has no loading screen. When no loading screen, seperate server will be added. I dont mind loading screen like GW2. When too much seperate server, play are divided and we have a low populated players in most of server. Look at ragnarok online they only have max 2 server, and one of the server has like 3k-5k players.

2. Combat not fluid like gw2. u need to hold normal attack to do special attack. I hate holding button. I prefer relaxed casual play because it mmorpg not moba.
    Trion basically ruined the game when they did Fresh-Start servers, and made it forced pvp in guilds without peace treaty or cool-down times, as well as the Toxic Hero thing it was lame and killed the whole experience.

I miss the game a lot though but unless another company can publish it properly I don't see how I can ever play again.
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:

Trion basically ruined the game when they did Fresh-Start servers, and made it forced pvp in guilds without peace treaty or cool-down times, as well as the Toxic Hero thing it was lame and killed the whole experience.

I miss the game a lot though but unless another company can publish it properly I don't see how I can ever play again.
    mmorpg/pve is about progressions, immersion... u win fighting mobs then u fight stronger mobs.. u grind more to get stronger (like u grind in gym to gain muscle irl)

pvp/moba.. is about fighting other player..most of time u will lose..if u win there is always a good younger kid will beat u later
    Kyleran
    Renoaku said:

Permanent peace treaty is so easy to pull off it's almost a non-issue. There are several good approaches to it.

1. All officers contribute one peace treaty a week. If your guild has 4 officers (And not much of a guild if it doesn't) that covers you 100% of the time.

2. Do diamond shores on alts. If you have anyone in your guild who runs multiple characters (Preferably an officer or leader) ask them to run the Diamond Shores dailies (Bunker and packs) on their alts and use the prestige for treaties. And is mentioned in point 3, everyone should have multiple characters anyway.

3. Do your trading on alts. There are multiple good reasons to run several accounts when you play ArcheAge and there are ways to do it for essentially free if you are an active player. The primary reason you want to avoid being dominioned is because a dominion allows people to attack your members in areas that are usually safe. Infact most of the time when a guild gets dominioned it has to do with packs (Merchant ships, trains etc.) If you do all of your trading on characters not in a rank 3+ guild then that means nobody can dominion you for packs.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Renoaku said:

mmorpg/pve is about progressions, immersion... u win fighting mobs then u fight stronger mobs.. u grind more
    to get stronger (like u grind in gym to gain muscle irl)

pvp/moba.. is about fighting other player..most of time u will lose..if u win there is always a good younger kid will beat u later
    It would appear ArcheAge is a "swipe to progress" more than anything else

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

The combat is more a matter of preference. Personally I can't stand GW2 combat. Having half of my abilities chosen for me when I choose my weapons and not being able to get anything outside my class just kills it. The customization just isn't there like it is in GW1. In contrast ArcheAge allows me to mix and match any three skilltrees and select what skills I want from those trees. I can make my build my own and that's important for my enjoyment of a game.

The grind is absolutely what kills it. Even most people who come in saying they enjoy grinds eventually get tired of it. This video is ArcheAge in a nutshell. This guy just obliterating people and talking about how it takes no skill. At one point he lifts up his keyboard and shows the camera him pressing the same key over and over while he's killing people onscreen.

ArcheAge has a lot of super great qualities. It is still the best themepark I've ever played. But it's focus on PvP highlights just how bad the disparity is in themeparks. It's not about learning to play your character. It's not about learning your class. Give me a 3000 gearscore difference on my opponent and I will beat anyone using any build, with any class, as long as the gearscore difference is largely in the weapon and it has a single basic attack.

That is why ArcheAge sucks.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Eldurian said:
    The combat is more a matter of preference. Personally I can't stand GW2 combat. Having half of my abilities chosen for me when I choose my weapons and not being able to get anything outside my class just kills it. The customization just isn't there like it is in GW1. In contrast ArcheAge allows me to mix and match any three skilltrees and select what skills I want from those trees. I can make my build my own and that's important for my enjoyment of a game.

The grind is absolutely what kills it. Even most people who come in saying they enjoy grinds eventually get tired of it. This video is ArcheAge in a nutshell. This guy just obliterating people and talking about how it takes no skill. At one point he lifts up his keyboard and shows the camera him pressing the same key over and over while he's killing people onscreen.

ArcheAge has a lot of super great qualities. It is still the best themepark I've ever played. But it's focus on PvP highlights just how bad the disparity is in themeparks. It's not about learning to play your character. It's not about learning your class. Give me a 3000 gearscore difference on my opponent and I will beat anyone using any build, with any class, as long as the gearscore difference is largely in the weapon and it has a single basic attack.

It's been my experience almost every MM0RPG ever made has this same design, those able to level their character more and obtain better gear have a significant advantage over those who don't. 

From my first days in this genre with L1, L2, DAOC, SB, and even Vanilla WOW being a casual player I've always been crushed by those with more free time than I and was my greatest gripe against the genre.

When the idea first arose to let players pay money to be more competitive or catch up I was initially in favor being one who lacked free time.

I soon realized how short sighted that was when it became clear the amount of money necessary to be competitive exceeded my gaming budget.

As a double whammy, players who had far more free time than I sometimes spent far more money too making them totally untouchable as your video demonstrates.

At least when I played / play DAOC the players with more free time can totally crush me, or even a few folks, but my normal 8 man can handle most any single player or even several without regards to how high their realm rank is.

Of course, 8 vs 8 and we get stomped, but that's OK, when in doubt, we zerg them.

EVE has my favorite system, which let me pay a reasonable sub fee to progress my character at the same rate as anyone else regardless if I was online as much as them or not.

As it stands now my 3 main accounts are as competitive as most any in game and the real hold back now is with me, I lack the skill to fly all of the ships they make available to me with any great proficiency.

The issue with games like AA is even folks who have lots of free time can't be competitive unless they swipe hard as well.

All I can say is...welcome to my world, you learn to find some fun and accept not being competitive, especially in PVP or you do what most others do and play a MOBA.  

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Coming from EVE I'm surprised I would need to explain you that the Themepark model is not the model used in successful Open World PvP games.

That's the issue. ArcheAge is trying to be a sandbox PvP game like EVE or Darkfall and still be World of Warcraft at the same time. But the WoW model isn't built for PvP, and that's why the game falls so hard on it's face. Gear needs to work differently in an Open World PvP game than it does in a dungeon grinder. While I would say even EVE and Darkfall could do with less progression of character stats they look positively reasonable alongside ArcheAge. In EVE you can be part of a destroyer gang on day 1 or 2 of a new character. In ArcheAge, depending on the age of the server how hard you swipe and how much of a life you have, you could play months to over a year before you're even considered useful as cannon fodder.

Now the thing is ArcheAge = EVE in terms of how the pay to win model works. People talk about the cash shop but everything bought on the cash shop can either be bought on the auction house or with APEX that has been converted into credits meaning everything is available for in-game gold. Other than the fact the word "cash shop" gets people triggered, there is no meaningful difference. The primary form of pay 2 win in each is buying an item with cash that can be sold for in-game money to be used for re-upping your sub.

The differences are this:

1. In EVE the difference between tiers of gear is smaller, and there are less tiers of gear. In other words, a T2 ship fully fitted with T2 gear has less of an advantage over a T1 ship fully fitted with T1 gear than a character fully fitted with Ayanad gear has over someone fully fitted with Delphinad gear. And there are more tiers of gear. I should know. Our thrasher gang with throw away fits lit up quite a few T2 frigates.

2. When your T2 ship with T2 fits gets lit up by a trasher gang with throw away fits. Boom. There goes your ship and your fits. When a player in Aynad gets killed by a gang wearing delphinad, they respawn and call for friends.

That is why EVE is a successful PvP game even with PLEX while the morale of non-swipers in ArcheAge is constantly in the dirt.
    edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Eldurian said:

It's been my experience almost every MM0RPG ever made has this same design, those able to level their character more and obtain better gear have a significant advantage over those who don't. 

From my first days in this genre with L1, L2, DAOC, SB, and even Vanilla WOW being a casual player I've always been crushed by those with more free time than I and was my greatest gripe against the genre.

When the idea first arose to let players pay money to be more competitive or catch up I was initially in favor being one who lacked free time.

I soon realized how short sighted that was when it became clear the amount of money necessary to be competitive exceeded my gaming budget.

As a double whammy, players who had far more free time than I sometimes spent far more money too making them totally untouchable as your video demonstrates.

At least when I played / play DAOC the players with more free time can totally crush me, or even a few folks, but my normal 8 man can handle most any single player or even several without regards to how high their realm rank is.

Of course, 8 vs 8 and we get stomped, but that's OK, when in doubt, we zerg them.

EVE has my favorite system, which let me pay a reasonable sub fee to progress my character at the same rate as anyone else regardless if I was online as much as them or not.

As it stands now my 3 main accounts are as competitive as most any in game and the real hold back now is with me, I lack the skill to fly all of the ships they make available to me with any great proficiency.

The issue with games like AA is even folks who have lots of free time can't be competitive unless they swipe hard as well.

All I can say is...welcome to my world, you learn to find some fun and accept not being competitive, especially in PVP or you do what most others do and play a MOBA.  

;)
    why u want to be competitive in game anyway? mmorpg is about immersion, community, together fighting stronger mobs..not whose stronger pvp

u want competitive play moba, play fps and learn how kittening u are
    edited July 2017
    Why would you play a game based on Open World PvP and warfare if you don't feel the need to be competitive?

If the game is not designed with the idea of some at least partially competitive PvP in mind then it shouldn't implement Open World PvP and the ability to steal from people. That's just a virtual bullying simulator.

Now I enjoy Open World PvP and the tradepack stealing system. But the fact there isn't any kind of halfway decent competition between players of dissimilar gearscore ruins those features.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Eldurian said:
    thats why we need seperate pvp and pve..
    That seems to always be the go-to answer sadly. How come SOE  was one of the few companies that could figure out how to make the coexistence of pve and pvp work on the same server? Even the little tweaks they made later with the galactic civil war update still was better than anything I have seen since. It's actually the way all MMOs should have been from that point on, but then came WoW with it's separate servers and the rest followed. It's all there is now, separate servers or free for all pvp.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited July 2017
    Eldurian said:
    Why would you play a game based on Open World PvP and warfare if you don't feel the need to be competitive?

If the game is not designed with the idea of some at least partially competitive PvP in mind then it shouldn't implement Open World PvP and the ability to steal from people. That's just a virtual bullying simulator.

Now I enjoy Open World PvP and the tradepack stealing system. But the fact there isn't any kind of halfway decent competition between players of dissimilar gearscore ruins those features.
    do u like ur trade get stolen and cant do kitten about it because their skill is too op? slide ur mom credit card is the answer. p2w is a cure