Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online - Anyone getting excited? Anyone?

Comments

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    edited July 2017
    JJ82 said:
    Reading comprehension is not really your strong suit, is it?

Let's try again:

"The game is called Albion Online. It is a game that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. That's what it is."

Do you disagree with that statement?

Let's try again:

JJ82 said: Consoles didnt end PC gaming, PC gaming didnt end Console gaming and mobile gaming wont end either as Mobile isnt actually new...the Game Boy is almost 30 years old and is one of highest selling mobile gaming devices in history...it didnt end console or PC gaming.

All mobile gaming is going to do is give mobile gamers what it gave in the past, inferior games to console and PC games.

Do you disagree with this statement?
    I disagree with it.

The Game Boy is a hand held video game device, a portable console basically.

Mobile games are made to be played on smart phones, tablets, PDAs, etc.

Claiming mobile gaming started with the game boy is BS, a variant of Tetris on the MT-2000 from 1994 is the first known mobile game.
    deniterTheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    JJ82 said:

Let's try again:

"The game is called Albion Online. It is a game that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. That's what it is."

Let's try again:

JJ82 said: Consoles didnt end PC gaming, PC gaming didnt end Console gaming and mobile gaming wont end either as Mobile isnt actually new...the Game Boy is almost 30 years old and is one of highest selling mobile gaming devices in history...it didnt end console or PC gaming.

All mobile gaming is going to do is give mobile gamers what it gave in the past, inferior games to console and PC games.

First paragraph: No, and I never said it would.
    Second paragraph: Right now, no and I said it would get better over time.

You seem to be fighting a battle that only exists in your own mind.
    JJ82

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    edited July 2017
    Excession said:

Claiming mobile gaming started with the game boy is BS, a variant of Tetris on the MT-2000 from 1994 is the first known mobile game.
    So which is it? Are mobile games made to only be played on phones/tabs/PDAs or was the first mobile game Tetris from 1994?!? And how is Tetris on the MT2000 a mobile game but Tetris on the Game Boy is not?!?

It doesnt help to shoot down your own argument...
    Excessionpostlarval

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

So which is it? Are mobile games made to only be played on phones/tabs/PDAs or was the first mobile game Tetris from 1994?!?

The MT-2000 was the worlds first Mobile Phone capable of playing a game, that game was a variant of Tetris, the phone was released in 1994.

How did I shoot down my own argument?

Maybe you should try reading before replying to posts.
    JJ82TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Already proved you did and people already agreed you did...

Perhaps English is not your first language and you failed the critical points in your studies. Oh wait, I forgot you are an industry insider that was there at the birth of mobile gaming before I was born even though it wasnt the birth of mobile gaming and it came long after I was born...but we should just take your word for it anyway.

The best part of all this is that you no longer have to make excuses for why the game is so bad and can now focus on how you didnt try to make the game sound decent because people are "going mobile!" and the game suits them...lol.
    postlarval

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster

JJ82 said:

Where? Please, enlighten me.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    JJ82 said:

Let's try again:

Let's try again:

I'll be playing the game almost exclusively on my pc. If I thought there was an  MMO out there on PC or mobile or even on the bat phone that i thought I'd get more enjoyment from, I'd probably be playing it.  Perhaps you can suggest one?

You can can call it a mobile game and look down your nose at it if you like, but until someone makes a more entertaining PC exclusive MMO, I'll be probably be playing this one.  There's a few in the horizon I have my eye on, but nothing currently. 
    Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

So which is it? Are mobile games made to only be played on phones/tabs/PDAs or was the first mobile game Tetris from 1994?!?

The MT-2000 was the worlds first Mobile Phone capable of playing a game, that game was a variant of Tetris, the phone was released in 1994.

The first MMORPG was Ultima Online...oh wait, no it wasnt. The phrase MMORPG was coined for that game but games like it had been made 6 years before that...are they MMORPGs also even though the term wasnt invented yet? Yes.

The term Mobile gaming wasnt coined until the early 2000s which is why PORTABLE gaming consoles were called PORTABLE GAMING CONSOLES and newer ones like the Switch (blarg) has "Mobile mode"...because now the term mobile is being used for portable gaming.

Knowledge is a funny thing.
    Excession

JJ82 said:

Cant play with the potato all day unless the potato tries something new.
    postlarval

JJ82 said:
    JJ82 said:

Cant play with the potato all day unless the potato tries something new.
    So in other words, you can't.

You're probably too busy trying to weasel your way out of your own words with @Marcus- anyway.
    JJ82

JJ82 said:
    Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

The first MMORPG was Ultima Online...oh wait, no it wasnt. The phrase MMORPG was coined for that game but games like it had been made 6 years before that...are they MMORPGs also even though the term wasnt invented yet? Yes.

The term Mobile gaming wasnt coined until the early 2000s which is why PORTABLE gaming consoles were called PORTABLE GAMING CONSOLES and newer ones like the Switch (blarg) has "Mobile mode"...because now the term mobile is being used for portable gaming.

Ok, I see, you typed some crap, got called out on it, now you type more crap in the form of a straw man to try and save face.

Nothing you have just typed changes anything about my earlier post.

JJ82postlarvalTheScavenger

• Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 2017
    The key thing to realize is this:

There is a difference between a "game made for mobile" and a PC game that also happens to run on tablets. 

Candy Crush is the former. Albion Online is the latter. 

It's made possible by the fact that the Unity engine natively supports cross platform, and the fact that modern high end tablets are quite powerful, so they can handle isometric games well. 

While doing hardcore PvP on a tablet cannot really be recommended, it's really nice to do some gathering or crafting via tablet while in bed or on the couch watching netflix. 

MrMelGibsonpostlarval
    So in other words, you can't.

You're probably too busy trying to weasel your way out of your own words with @Marcus- anyway.
    Went from appeal to authority to a proof of assertion...how low we have fallen. Oh wait, others have already agreed you have no credibility already, so little that you now turn to talking about others posts to deflect from your own. How sad.
    postlarval

Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

Ok, I see, you typed some crap, got called out on it, now you type more crap in the form of a straw man to try and save face.

Its good that the trolls have come out. 

I dismantled your points directly, you came back with nothing? At least try...your friend needs help desperately.
    postlarval

Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

He seems to be overly angry about the smallest of things. /shrug

Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

He seems to be overly angry about the smallest of things. /shrug
    Let him get on with it, whatever floats his boat.

Always funny when people like that cannot come up with anything to actually refute someone's statement, so calls them a troll.

Anyway, as to the actual topic of this thread, I am not excited, but I am looking forward to getting my farm built up again.
    TheScavenger

Knowledge, its a funny thing...when people lack it and dont know it.
    Excession

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2017
    I generally set aside time in my day to game while I'm at home.  I have a nice chair, a great set of heasphones, and a fairly powerful rig.

Until smartphone games provide tactile response, I'll stick with my keyboard, mouse, and desktop.

That said, this game has some interesting mechanics, but it was a fairly straightforward experience when I played it, and it lacked the depth of mechanics I've grown accustomed to, playing PC exclusive MMORPGs.  Cool for those who enjoy it, on PC or mobile.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I might check it, I started up BDO today after it collecting dust on my hd for 4 months. Got in Logged on, pulled up my map with all my nodes, opened my storage; contribution all over the place and storage filled with junk. Opened my inventory to my terrible gear. Closed it, uninstalled. My soul just can't undergo that pain again.

I might give Albion a try though, it seems a bit more accessible while still being a sandbox.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    JJ82 said:
    Excession said:

So which is it? Are mobile games made to only be played on phones/tabs/PDAs or was the first mobile game Tetris from 1994?!? And how is Tetris on the MT2000 a mobile game but Tetris on the Game Boy is not?!?

First mobile game I ever played was this

[Deleted User]KyleranTheScavenger

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    DMKano said:
    My excitement level = meh

Glad to see others are excited though

I am glad people are finding games they are excited to play!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    That would be a negative purple lemur.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I'm tempted, but I don't think I'll play. The PvP is too much of a turnoff.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    "Anyone getting excited? Anyone?"

Not really.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Draemos said:
    Raquis said:
    NOPE,i think Albion is a great game open sand box but the combat looks crap and the graphics too why are all the games going mobile?
    Because people are going mobile. Not everyone wants to be tied to a desktop computer or "desktop replacement" laptop just to play games like dinosaur gamers living in the past.

And this coming from an old gamer. Time to move on. I love the new tech and game developers should be taking advantage of it.
    So instead you play garbage tier games on your phone, I think you may be senile. 
    There are tablets available now, snowflake. I know, shocking.

Talk about senile.
    That is just slightly less shit than playing on a phone. Yeah, I am all for new tech, but I am in no way interested in playing games on my phone or a tablet. No thanks.

You two can trade personal insults, I am not much interested in that either.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.