Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
So EA launches tomorrow on steam anyone thinking about getting it? I know that I should wait but I think I am going to get this and see what its like.

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    On my radar. Steam is good as two hours is more than enough to get a feeling if its any good or not. A refund is always possible.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Altho i already have a date with Fortnite launch , ill be hitting D&L also , gonna need extra coffee tomorrow:)
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Spiider said:
    On my radar. Steam is good as two hours is more than enough to get a feeling if its any good or not. A refund is always possible.
    Ya that is true, hopefully I can get a good idea where they are I don't mind supporting something that is a work in progress.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to reading reviews.
    Tokken[Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I can't find any information on this game. Is it a true MMO? Races? Classes? Their site just says three faction cities.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    edited July 2017
    dreamer05 said:
    I can't find any information on this game. Is it a true MMO? Races? Classes? Their site just says three faction cities.
    there are three factions.
    this thread has a lot of info http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/466400/dark-and-light-fresh-screenshots-gifs-6-30-2017-closed-beta-hype-dragons-wildlife-cities-features#latest
    With 12 races and 14 classes to pick from, you'll have no trouble creating exactly the kind of character you want to play!
    Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/dark-and-light#XTdhL4xyc8YFVRmQ.99

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am getting it. 
    KyleranTokken
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited July 2017
    OVERALL: Very Negative

On the reviews so far anyways. Steam is like the proving ground for any game, or not xD

People are saying it's a 100% ARK rip off so far. That could be good or bad. I love how hours in people are already proclaiming it a "fail" "stay away". I'm no fan of survival games but in my opinion it seems really early to be calling this one. Time will tell.

Tokken
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    The game overall is getting very negative reviews. When you enter the game Snail tells you the game is only 30% complete at this time, and there are no PVE servers. So you will be ganked and have your stuff stolen. 

Translation is either in Chinese or goggled English., and optimisation is awful. 

I think this is the worst reviewed game on Steam I have ever seen...lol

• Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    edited July 2017
    I think early access is a very dangerous thing and if I were a developer I would try to avoid it at all cost. I was waiting for this game but I'm not sure it is a good idea buying it at this point. Better wait for some more info.
    Forgrimm
    So far a lot of negative reviews but I think most starts have problems with waiting to log in and lag, add to this no PvE servers available and groups of players running around killing every new player who logs in and you get an interesting start.  A lot of people are saying this is a medieval version of Arc.  I kinda like the idea of a medieval version of Arc so will probably give it a go long after the dust settles.
    Tokken

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited July 2017
    So far a lot of negative reviews but I think most starts have problems with waiting to log in and lag, add to this no PvE servers available and groups of players running around killing every new player who logs in and you get an interesting start.  A lot of people are saying this is a medieval version of Arc.  I kinda like the idea of a medieval version of Arc so will probably give it a go long after the dust settles.
    Yeah that ganking shit will will seal the fate of this game. Those players are essentially keeping other paying customers from actually playing the game they just bought. Most those players will refund and never look at this game again. xD

So I'm calling this now, Dark and Light is a fail.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/529180/discussions/0/1458455461479378409/

Tokken
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Off to a great start! Reviews mostly negative! Keep it up Snail!
    URMAKER
    Single player mode may save them as a lot of people will play that until the dust settles and someone posted instruction on how to setup private servers and co-op.  
    Tokken[Deleted User]

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I read one comment that said voice chat cannot be disabled so this is a hard pass for me.
    Tokken
    Asheram said:
    I read one comment that said voice chat cannot be disabled so this is a hard pass for me.

TokkenAsheram[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited July 2017
    sitting in single player atm haven't touched multi servers . enjoying it a good bit , didn't play ark tried it when it came out didn't have pc to run it well so just forgot bout it . so im not making the comparisons between the two
    been following d/l for awhile it has a lot of potential . i also have a i7 1060 so it runs well i haven't experience many bugs but it clearly can be optimized more . well see , wushu was a great game despite what a lot of people say so snail has never really done wrong by me . I ignore the cash grabs for most part . I didn't like exiles or survival games much for that matter but this is hitting the spot so far
    ill check out citadel but no much on first person stuff
    i think there's been far worse reviews . I mean lets face it they run the worst piles of crap out on ea and everybody is on it with 20 min blasting it . 24 bucks ya piss away that money on a daily basis

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DMKano said:
    I can only speak for current state of the game - its a crap version of Ark.

Got a refund after about 90min of play.

Would not recommend.
    What were some of the major issues?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Would not recommend.
    Optimization is definitely a key concern especially if you take into consideration how long Snail has claimed to be working on this game. Animations definitely fall flat. Swinging a weapon at an enemy/player looks the exact same as chopping down a tree.  Audio needs works, a lot of disconnect between action and sound but it could be down to the random lag which relegates back to optimization. Definitely looks like it'll go f2p by next year if Snail's track record is anything to go by.

Can get a better idea from this video:

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This looks really bad. How can they sell this in this condition?

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited July 2017
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Would not recommend.
    Optimization is definitely a key concern especially if you take into consideration how long Snail has claimed to be working on this game. Animations definitely fall flat. Swinging a weapon at an enemy/player looks the exact same as chopping down a tree.  Audio needs works, a lot of disconnect between action and sound but it could be down to the random lag which relegates back to optimization. Definitely looks like it'll go f2p by next year if Snail's track record is anything to go by.

Played the game while I don't necessarily recommend it other than for testing purposes... This guy's gameplay is sorta for medium pcs as it lags heavily for him and not for me and I play on higher quality than him. Other than that, yeah, it's an ark clone but you could have found a better video to represent a first impression. 

Looks like he planned to play kinda goofy from the get-go. Judging by his choice of character lmao
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Would not recommend.

Looks like a pre-alpha build. Not sure why they decided to launch EA at this stage.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Forgrimm said:
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Would not recommend.

Looks like a pre-alpha build. Not sure why they decided to launch EA at this stage.
    My guess is they feel they can start generating revenue while continuing to work on the game for two more years.

They probably arent wrong.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I think this was a minimum-effort game on Snail's part, they just wanted some return on the IP they had laying around for so long.

It will be forgotten in a month's time...
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

Would not recommend.

The only reason I can think of is they are desperate for money to keep going. But early access is a very dangerous option imo, if it doesn't go well it might kill the game before the official launch.