Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DJ #20 Tribes

Comments

• FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Looks like their splitting the Q&A into several ones to cover all the materiel and answer all the questions the community has come up with.

"Greetings, Elyrians!

Caspian and the team are hard at work preparing for the upcoming Tribes Q&A on Thursday. As we’ve looked over the tomes and grimoires of information—and with 12 pages of questions already posted in the question thread—we realized that there’s just too much information for a single Q&A!

We also wanted to give you more of a chance to dive into the details of each of the Tribes. You should know by now that Soulbound Studios doesn’t just give surface level information; we give as much detail as we can. In order to really dig into the balance and diversity each Tribe brings to Chronicles of Elyria, we’re going to temper the pace of the write-ups and spend more time on each of the Tribes.

In the immediate, expect to see information on at least the Hrothi and Brudvir on the forums by Wednesday morning, so we can discuss those tribes along with the Neran on Thursday during the Q&A.

Thursday’s Q&A will also set the stage for additional Q&A’s4 in total—covering the tribes in groups of 3-4. As we talk more about Tribes, how they interact with each other, and how they slot into CoE gameplay, we’ll be able to foster a deeper discussion about Tribes moving forward with the knowledge from previous Q&As and without having to barrel through all 12 in a single Q&A session.

You’ll see the new Tribe information drop in the forums on Wednesday; don’t forget to leave us your questions, too! We’ll see you Thursday at 1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 8PM GMT / 8PM UTC on Twitch!

Please continue to keep this thread free of discussion, posting only questions for the this Q&A.

Wishing you prosperity and fortune,

Vye"

Copy/pasta from https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/20028/official-tribe-qa-question-thread?page=12#196 its toward the bottom of the page.

• WoljaWolja Member CommonPosts: 1
    alright, as for the tribes and other things I just going to quote a friend of mine: "I don't think the issue is the concept art.  It's the fact that they are starting to cut back on scope.   It sucks for the backers who wanted these tribes and were led to believe they should plan for them, but ultimately I think there will be much more scope shrink over the next year.  These guys promised the world and this is just the tip of what they won't deliver." also here is a concept art of the Yoru:

just as the quoting, I hope they reconsider cutting back on everything and pushing the stuff they promissed always further more in the future. I got a lot more of the locked tribes too...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Yes... people are "shocked", "disappointed " and threatening to pull their support and get refunds.  They claim they were misled and spent months planning around these tribes that are being cut from the start ( about a third of them).

This was inevitable and I'm sure there will be a lot more that was "promised" or inferred for launch that will not make it in.   Anyone could look at what they were proposing and see that it was over-promising. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Wolja said:
    alright, as for the tribes and other things I just going to quote a friend of mine: "I don't think the issue is the concept art.  It's the fact that they are starting to cut back on scope.   It sucks for the backers who wanted these tribes and were led to believe they should plan for them, but ultimately I think there will be much more scope shrink over the next year.  These guys promised the world and this is just the tip of what they won't deliver." also here is a concept art of the Yoru:

just as the quoting, I hope they reconsider cutting back on everything and pushing the stuff they promissed always further more in the future. I got a lot more of the locked tribes too...

Talk about breaking NDA mate, you stupid?
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    The way genetics is supposed to work, maybe there's a plan to phase them in later?  I really hope so because both my top picks, primary and alternate, they're both on the no-fly list.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    The way genetics is supposed to work, maybe there's a plan to phase them in later?  I really hope so because both my top picks, primary and alternate, they're both on the no-fly list.
    The problem of course is that you have all these Barons and Counts (and well EVERYONE who is playing) who have titles, land and resources that they need to use in Early Enrollment (or whatever their 3 month no wipe head start is called).
    blorpykins

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

They will be in the world but you won't have the technology researched to travel the sea to another continent to find them; NPCs will still be building up there kingdoms doing the same thing on other continents. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Zultra said:
    Wolja said:

Yeah clearly he is the problem because he made it public that the devs finally admitted that they can't fullfill their promises.
    We don't want to scare off potential investors or encourage others to revoke their support, right?
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Zultra said:
    Wolja said:

Yeah clearly he is the problem because he made it public that the devs finally admitted that they can't fullfill their promises.
    We don't want to scare off potential investors or encourage others to revoke their support, right?
    I was talking about the Concept art, however no promises were broken. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    So many promises, so little time...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Zultra said:
    Dakeru said:
    Zultra said:
    Wolja said:

Denial, the first step towards recovery.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Zultra said:
    Dakeru said:
    Zultra said:
    Wolja said:

Denial, the first step towards recovery.
    Because I am being truthful and you are being dishonest; I do not get why you and a few others are so goddamn toxic. It isn't even constructive criticism just constant shite.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran

• FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    The exact number of tribes and what tribes would be like has never been "promised." They have been hinted at and rough ideas have been thrown around IRC/Discord for a long time.
    This is less of a scale back and more just formally setting the actual goal.
    All 12 tribes they have talked about will be in game eventually, just 4 of them will show up at one of the big turning points in the game (When ocean travel is discovered, estimated a year or two into game depending on player decisions and can vary from server to server because of this).

A few of the community members have been taking what the devs share on discord as gospel and are bugged their plans based on conjecture are going to be harder to pull of than they thought.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    This is why I don't follow MMOs overly close before release anymore. Promises get broken. If you weren't really paying attention enough to know they were ever made in the first place you aren't disappointed. You can judge a game based on what actually gets delivered and not how far short of your expectations it fell.

It's kind of like Dust 514. They delivered a fraction of what they promised. However what they did deliver was the funnest FPS I have ever played. The whole ISK mechanic made it so damn much fun.

But other's judged it based on what was promised and it ruined their experience. I prefer to just enjoy (or not enjoy) a game for what it is.
    Falendor
  • Brald_IronheartBrald_Ironheart Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Regardless, a game like this, that breaks the common mold of mmorpgs, should be made, imo.  I know it won't be perfect.  I just hope that it will at least be good, be popular, make a decent amount of money, and encourage other developers to start rethinking how to make mmorpgs. 
    Roleplayinn.com - New forum for people who love role-playing of all kinds - tabletop/pencil & paper, live-action, and role-playing in mmorpgs.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    It's almost as if those unbelievable feature lists on Kickstarter campaigns are unbelievable. It feels like only yesterday COE was the golden child of fanboys everywhere. How quickly it has been replaced by the new golden child, Ashes of Creation. But I've been assured by AoC's fanboys that their game's unbelievable feature list is totally legit.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before another kickstarter MMO with another amazing unbelievable feature list takes MMORPG.com forums by storm. It's almost as if it's really easy to just make a list of a bunch of awesome stuff that people want, but it's really hard to make it happen. Weird.
    Slapshot1188Dakeru
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Rusque said:
    It's almost as if those unbelievable feature lists on Kickstarter campaigns are unbelievable. It feels like only yesterday COE was the golden child of fanboys everywhere. How quickly it has been replaced by the new golden child, Ashes of Creation. But I've been assured by AoC's fanboys that their game's unbelievable feature list is totally legit.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before another kickstarter MMO with another amazing unbelievable feature list takes MMORPG.com forums by storm. It's almost as if it's really easy to just make a list of a bunch of awesome stuff that people want, but it's really hard to make it happen. Weird.
    Just come up with hilarious promises and a catchy slogan and you are good.

MAKE MMOS GREAT AGAIN!
    Rusque
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Billybob1replyBillybob1reply Member CommonPosts: 2
    Yes... people are "shocked", "disappointed " and threatening to pull their support and get refunds.  They claim they were misled and spent months planning around these tribes that are being cut from the start ( about a third of them).

This was inevitable and I'm sure there will be a lot more that was "promised" or inferred for launch that will not make it in.   Anyone could look at what they were proposing and see that it was over-promising. 
    No one planned around the tribes we planned on being a variety of humans. The tribes are not that, so we are having to adapt but hey that's what happens with early dev games