Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this 100 players per server type of game now or still a MMO?

ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233
Just curious if this is now like ark, minimal players per server, or is it still a mmo with 2000 online at t time (or more) per server?

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

Comments

• Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I heard it was 70 players per server but that could have changed.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2017
    They don't list Dark and Light in any way MMO, you are looking at a game like Ark Survival Evolved in terms of a server.

I don't think the number of people per server is known but it would be safe to expect the same numbers Ark achieves, not something over 100.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    MaxBacon said:
    They don't list Dark and Light in any way MMO, you are looking at a game like Ark Survival Evolved in terms of a server.

I don't think the number of people per server is known but it would be safe to expect the same numbers Ark achieves, not something over 100.
    It's being either built by or with an assist from the ARK Survival team so I expect strong similarities in design.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    It's being either built by or with an assist from the ARK Survival team so I expect strong similarities in design.
    I think it's the same branched out modified version of what they use for Ark, Snail Games seem to belong to the company who develops Ark because the name was brought up in the lawsuit where they had to pay I think 30 million to some other company that sued them.
  • vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    Yeah looks like another idiotic survival game.  Just what the world needed.  Certainly a genre that needs to die quickly as the games are incredibly shallow and boring.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just went up on Steam people are D/Ling now.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Yeah after watching streams it's exactly Ark Survival Evolved, some already call it Ark Fantasy Online. O.o