Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community manager quits and is banned from their site...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Is that link supposed to tell us something? All I see is her profile page.
    SBFord
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    If you look at the profile, it says "Roles Guest, Blocked"

I guess that means they are banned.
    TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited July 2017
    Leaving her job confirmed on Twitter:

When hiring fast and expanding there are always some problems like this. No cause for concern as long as it's just one person leaving/being fired.
    [Deleted User]

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    A community manager leaving has zero impact on the game itself.
    SBFordForgrimm
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Yeah but I wonder what those differences are although I bet she is under a NDA?
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Someone is no longer working for a company anymore! Quick put your hats on, something strange is going on!!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    *shrugs* Nothing to see here. She's a community manager, not a developer so the "creative differences" can't mean much. She said they parted amicably so.....OK, I guess. Not like people don't join and leave companies all the time for any one of a myriad of reasons. Big deal.
    [Deleted User]Nanfoodlecotanya42Forgrimm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Probably a disagreement on the severity of booby sliders as per her tweet in May.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    She probably didn't sign up enough family members.
    MrTugglesAsm0deusSlapshot1188Kumapon
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    She went to Trion.

But she got banned from the website too O.o?
    Renoaku said:
    Maybe it has to do with her now working at a rival game developer? Some companies don't allow their employees to view anything about the competition and there are very good legal reasons for doing so.

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited July 2017
    Theely said:
    Probably a disagreement on the severity of booby sliders as per her tweet in May.
    I can see that. Not worth leaving over unless other irreconcilable differences existed. If that's the only reason, I guess I'm not surprised.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Theely said:
    I was thinking the same thing.Seems harmless or meaningless but maybe to some it might feel like you are working with a bunch of immature people and even likely had a heated disagreement over it.

I could easily see it happening and if was me,i would say something as well,like grow up ,the game doesn't need boobie sliders to sell and if it does then the game is garbage.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Renoaku said:
    Maybe it has to do with her now working at a rival game developer? Some companies don't allow their employees to view anything about the competition and there are very good legal reasons for doing so.
    Yeah but they could always demote it to member status instead of life-time ban a person who might want to play it :3.
    Octagon7711
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:
    Yeah but they could always demote it to member status instead of life-time ban a person who might want to play it :3.
    It may not be Intrepid that's requiring the restriction. 

Also, she can play it when it releases.