Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start Your Journey Video Sets the Stage for Next Week's Launch - Albion Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageStart Your Journey Video Sets the Stage for Next Week's Launch - Albion Online Videos - MMORPG.com

With the launch of Albion Online less than a week away, the team is showing off the brand new intro video. It provides a brief overview of the game's lore and sets the stage for players as they embark on their new adventure.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm excited about this. Game's come a long way since earlier betas.
    BruceYee

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Will there be an mmorpg.com guild?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Finally it's getting released, no more wipes, no more changes. Should probably find a guild to join up with asap huh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited July 2017
    Is it still point and click to move around? Or are there multiple ways to move about?
  • Texas7Texas7 Member UncommonPosts: 24

I still have not decided whether I am gonna play Albion or not.

I did have fun playing in beta, especially with running aoe groups in dungeons. Had T7 fire mage which was quite good for the early stage the game was at. I generally enjoy AOE mob grinding, collecting materials and OWPvP, so in this regard the game does appeal to me.

The biggest turn off for me is the monetization model. I really dislike the fact that you can buy pretty much anything with real cash. If it was B2P without cash shop, I would play for sure.

I admit I am tempted :).

By all means play. The game is cool and it's not p2w. You can buy everything, including premium status, with ingame currency.
    Join our community on:

Ashes of Creation: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Archangelus/

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Actually the game is better before Beta, I liked Alpha Much better, and to me PVE is just boring the only reason I could play Albion is for the crafting, and PVP.

Also anyone buying this game should take very careful to read section 10 of the Terms & Conditions not just click accept because they will will ban your account if you receive a Large amount of items, or Currency even if its a friend or people trading across games or simply giving you items, something I did not pay attention to and they banned my account during beta, a reason I would not recommend this game in its current state, because its absurd.

And on the other thing, the game is P2E / P2A if you can't at least put in a premium account for one character, or 3 characters do not expect to enjoy the game for a long time.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Game looks solid, but the monetisation seems meh. Will probably skip it, since I see mixed reviews regarding that issue and that's never a good sign.
  • RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Waiting for the 19th!

Redsalt... the other salt.

• tjeweytjewey Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Too bad it's boxy graphics suck. If they looked like this video, I'd maybe play it again. But then again, spending all of my time crafting and gathering to get better items was really boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    free keys to try?
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    So wa....another TIME SINK game for players without a full time job and real life responsibilities?
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!