Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 4.05 Preview: The Lost Canals of Uznair - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePatch 4.05 Preview: The Lost Canals of Uznair - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - The Final Fantasy XIV site has a new mini preview of a new location coming with update 4.05 on Tuesday next Tuesday. The blog is packed with images from The Lost Canals of Uznair that "is the same as Aquapolis" but features new, fresh enemies to face off against. According to the blog, the team has plans to further upgrade this location over time.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited July 2017
    "The Lost Canals of Uznair that "is the same as Aquapolis" but features new, fresh enemies to face off against."

FFXIV's direction in a nutshell

If something receives an even moderately positive response, and doesn't completely fail on release (ie. Diadem 1 and 2.. Verminion, etc), keep regurgitating the same design over and over, 'til players get sick of it... ignore them and keep repeating it.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The overall game is flashy and has some good challenges but people dont look at the core which is pretty shallow. Progression isn't thought out and is overwritten by obscure things. Within 6 months, the hardest content in the game (Raid Savage) is replaced by dungeon gear. WoW is a little better in that regard since heroic dungeons dont eclipse mythic EN. It just makes me feel bad but at the same time not to see such effort and beautiful design go into something that can't even remain relevant for an expansion's life time. When exactly did this design begin? A decade or so ago, it was easy for game expansions and even the core game to remain relevant well into the next expansion, in some cases requiring something from the previous content in order to do future stuff. Now most things dont even remain relevant in the same expansion. All in all, this expansion will go the same as HW, just with a different look but same core concepts. If you liked that about HW, fine. If not, its best to wait until 4.5 if you want to feel like your progress in the game feels somewhat validated for longer than 3 months.
    DeadSpockNephethVbeltDRG
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    if is still random , it sucks
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

Albatroes said:

The overall game is flashy and has some good challenges but people dont look at the core which is pretty shallow. Progression isn't thought out and is overwritten by obscure things. Within 6 months, the hardest content in the game (Raid Savage) is replaced by dungeon gear. WoW is a little better in that regard since heroic dungeons dont eclipse mythic EN. It just makes me feel bad but at the same time not to see such effort and beautiful design go into something that can't even remain relevant for an expansion's life time.

Yes, but those are NEW dungeons that require higher item level...I mean if you are are going to compare it to WoW it is even worse - killing 10 boars WQ can replace Mythic RAID gear if it Titanforges.
    Nethershard gear and crafted gear flat out replaces all but maybe a trinket or two from Mythic EN...soo yeah.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

"The Lost Canals of Uznair that "is the same as Aquapolis" but features new, fresh enemies to face off against."

FFXIV's direction in a nutshell

If something receives an even moderately positive response, and doesn't completely fail on release (ie. Diadem 1 and 2.. Verminion, etc), keep regurgitating the same design over and over, 'til players get sick of it... ignore them and keep repeating it.

Going by your negative tone to the game makes your position understood. However, you've missed the mark a little bit. If something s generally well received, then you would seek to replicate that success. Also bare in mind that SE has the data to show who is using what and how long for.

So, in this case if there is a fresh take that they wish to add and people use it, then why the hell not.

As for them ignoring player feedback, that is pretty bull, I watch the livestreams and interact on the forms and they've pretty much address peoples concerns, more so than I see from any other developer out there.

They also are the only MMO that I am aware off that takes gambles with the type of content to add. Diadem as you mentioned was a new feature, did it work as intended, no, it did not but I'm glad that they take a few interesting risks.
    [Deleted User]Ghavrigg