Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forge Your Legacy - Life is Feudal Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageForge Your Legacy - Life is Feudal Videos - MMORPG.com

In Life is Feudal, you lead a tumultuous life as you flee from evil to begin a new civilization in this brutal medieval world. The land has been ravaged by bandits and savages, but by working with those around you, you can band together to overcome your enemies and be victorious.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Lets all hope this one delvers on the crafting , the genre really needs a great crafting game ...
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Its awesome crafting. But rust like pvp will kill your desire to craft. You need to be a member of large or even largest alliance to make it work.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Life is Futile. That triple A price tag though.
    Verenath
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Considering we have not released pricing info for the MMO, I am wondering if your source is better than mine.
    ScorchienforcelimaAlomarMusket-SquidManasu[Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    Spiider said:
    Its awesome crafting. But rust like pvp will kill your desire to craft. You need to be a member of large or even largest alliance to make it work.
    The Karma System will really limit the rust like pvp. What it will not limit is declared warfare between guilds/clans and kingdoms in the gameworld.

Edit: This official warfare will create a huge demand for high quality crafted items when items/gear is lost in battle and wear and tear through use.
  • TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Have they added random spawns yet or does everything still regrow in the same spot ?
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited July 2017

Asheram said:

$35 is not a AAA price tag. Not even close. Pretty soon people will be complaining that $20 is a AAA price tag. Geez, people need to get jobs. Developers have to make money, too.

Tazdrago said:
    Have they added random spawns yet or does everything still regrow in the same spot ?
    I am not quite sure what you mean? Things such as trees and grasslands spawn according to the type of dirt and what you plant there.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

xxBoneZxx said:

Asheram said:

$35 is not a AAA price tag. Not even close. Pretty soon people will be complaining that $20 is a AAA price tag. Geez, people need to get jobs. Developers have to make money, too.

Steam:
    $39.99

Believer package:
    $60-$150 for those that couldn't wait, and if you got it on sale.

You are looking at $100 to $190 just to test out their MMO.

But alas you could have just bought the $35 on sale price and not the steam version. But then my question is why are the steam owners still waiting? Feels like a cash grab, Been hosed so many times on "Early Access" garbage. Though I do like LiF and have 800 hours in, I can not complain. More of a two sided look on things.
    edited July 2017
    xxBoneZxx said:

Asheram said:

Well according to the buy the game section on their own website the lowest priced is on sale for $45 from the regular priced $60. Where do you see $35? 
    https://play.lifeisfeudal.com  
    And to Saxxton- this isn't related to mmo pricing? Ahh I see its the "infamous founders pack" which is in no way indicative to how much you are going to actually price the game when it releases, kind of a pay more to get in early type of thing?
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    edited July 2017
    i think on steam its 35bucks. and it goes on sale from time to time for half off.

nm i just checked its 40 on steam.
    Kyleran

Saxx0n said:

Spiider said:

The Karma System will really limit the rust like pvp. What it will not limit is declared warfare between guilds/clans and kingdoms in the gameworld.

Edit: This official warfare will create a huge demand for high quality crafted items when items/gear is lost in battle and wear and tear through use.

In theory. In practice half of the population will roleplay bands of roaming thieves searching for blood from other players.

Still gl.
    kinkyJalepenoOctagon7711

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    PvP ruins every game it touches in my opinion.
    ArcamCopperfieldDumbWithImaginationpokrakDarthanHajKimo
  • HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I am pretty sure the AAA pricing comment stems from the packs being sold on the official website at http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=buypack, which do really have absolutely ridiculous price tags. And then there's the whole confusion about LiF: MMO, LiF: Your Own, and LiF: Forest Village. That's a lot of eggs in a lot of baskets. I'm quite certain a lot of players feel that time and resources would be better spent on a single iteration of the game instead of 3.
    Kyleran

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

Hytek said:
    I am pretty sure the AAA pricing comment stems from the packs being sold on the official website at http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=buypack, which do really have absolutely ridiculous price tags. And then there's the whole confusion about LiF: MMO, LiF: Your Own, and LiF: Forest Village. That's a lot of eggs in a lot of baskets. I'm quite certain a lot of players feel that time and resources would be better spent on a single iteration of the game instead of 3.
    Yes, those are founder packs which include other items than just game access and some also grant access for multiple characters into the game. 

There is no confusion. LiF:Your Own was released in 2015 (Is still strongly being supported by the company), LiF:Forest Village is being created by a studio called Mindillusion. We sold them some art assets and are only the publisher for that title. Lif: MMO is under full-time development and as new features and content are created for this title we still push these down to LiF:Your Own for free instead of holding these improvements or adding a little more fluff and calling it DLC. So actually, time is being spent on just one iteration.

Spiider said:

Saxx0n said:

Spiider said:

In theory. In practice half of the population will roleplay bands of roaming thieves searching for blood from other players.

Still gl.

In theory, they have the freedom to do this, but when they realize after about the fourth murder their character is permanently flagged red for everyone to kill with no repercussion because they are flagged a murderer. Also, the "large" amount of skill points lost upon each death will probably have most people purchasing another ticket for a new character to enter the main gameworld. I am sure they will be rethinking a new strategy towards pvping.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Spiider said:

Saxx0n said:

Spiider said:

In theory. In practice half of the population will roleplay bands of naked roaming thieves searching for blood from other players.

Still gl.
    Fixed it for you. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Spiider said:
    In theory. In practice half of the population will roleplay bands of naked roaming thieves searching for blood from other players. Then be almost one-shotted by a low combat skilled crafter because they are naked. 

Still gl.
    Fixed it for you. ;)
    Fixed it for you. ;)
    [Deleted User]
    I remember buying GW 2 closed beta access for $60 too and when it released it was still $60 so I didn't have to pay "more" for the beta access and the game was mostly finished at that point.
    And the "$60 regular price now on sale for $45" reminds me of the marketing strategy of JC Pennys, Kohl's Sears.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/09/pf/price-scheme-jcpenney-kohls-sears-macys/index.html
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Spiider said:

Saxx0n said:

Spiider said:

Still gl.
    I really don't remember a karma system that actually worked well.  Players found ways around the system even if they had to created a special character for griefing and use their other characters to keep it well supplied.  Only thing that really works is zoning and flagging, IMO.
    Kyleran

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Saxx0n said:

Kyleran said:

Spiider said:

In theory. In practice half of the population will roleplay bands of naked roaming thieves searching for blood from other players. Then be almost one-shotted by a low combat skilled crafter because they are naked. They will still come back as they are not in for pvp but for naked people. 

Still gl.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Fixed it for you. ;)

Fixed it for you:)
    Kyleran

edited July 2017
    Spiider said:

Saxx0n said:

Spiider said:

Still gl.
    I really don't remember a karma system that actually worked well.  Players found ways around the system even if they had to created a special character for griefing and use their other characters to keep it well supplied.  Only thing that really works is zoning and flagging, IMO.

You cannot supply a character if they lose the skills to even equip weapons and armor. You have to have certain skill levels to even wield basic weapons and equip basic armor, much less advanced higher tier equipment and weapons. A character with extremely low Karma (-50) or lower will lose a considerable amount of skill points upon every death. 4 murders will get you below (-50) so the gank shenanigans will be rather short lived. Considering it will take probably 5 to 10 hours of grinding specific skills to even use capable weapons and armor to even consider roaming about and ganking again (of course those hours of grinding to re-equip will only be valid until you are killed the next time). I doubt many will be up for that type of punishment and will probably make a trip back to the store to purchase access for a new character and maybe rethink their strategy. 

Edit: A naked is pretty much a one or two hit kill. A farmer or harvester with minimal skills and even the most basic armor and weapon would destroy them rather easily.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Looking forward to it. I thought LiF got me a character on release. Is this still the case? I don't even know my account info anymore :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

edited July 2017
    Aethaeryn said:
    Looking forward to it. I thought LiF got me a character on release. Is this still the case? I don't even know my account info anymore :)
    Yes Aethaeryn you have access for one character for open beta and release of Life is Feudal:MMO. You just simply need to go to lifeisfeudal.com and have your credentials sent to your email address. You will need to log in linking your Steam account and that will show your ownership of Life is Feudal: Your Own on our site. Then if your email account information is up to date you will receive an email announcement of the start of open beta.

Anyone that does not own Life is Feudal: Your Own or does and wants one of the early access packages you can see those offers here: http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=buypack
    Asheram said:
    I remember buying GW 2 closed beta access for $60 too and when it released it was still $60 so I didn't have to pay "more" for the beta access and the game was mostly finished at that point.
    And the "$60 regular price now on sale for $45" reminds me of the marketing strategy of JC Pennys, Kohl's Sears.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/09/pf/price-scheme-jcpenney-kohls-sears-macys/index.html
    Asheram if we did have a marketing strategy like these companies it would seem pretty stupid to grant over 400,000 people free access for one toon to the MMO eh?
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Saxx0n said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    Yes Aethaeryn you have access for one character for open beta and release of Life is Feudal:MMO. You just simply need to go to lifeisfeudal.com and have your credentials sent to your email address. You will need to log in linking your Steam account and that will show your ownership of Life is Feudal: Your Own on our site. Then if your email account information is up to date you will receive an email announcement of the start of open beta.

Anyone that does not own Life is Feudal: Your Own or does and wants one of the early access packages you can see those offers here: http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo?l=buypack
    Awesome!  thanks!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

edited July 2017
    Saxx0n said:

Asheram said:
    Asheram if we did have a marketing strategy like these companies it would seem pretty stupid to grant over 400,000 people free access for one toon to the MMO eh?
    Why not just set your price, why the hey the regular price is $60 buts now on sale for $45? Did you ever sell it for $60 with out the sale?

So only just over 400,000 people get free access for one toon to the MMO?

Would this number be equivalent to the number of people that purchased  LIF:YO?

If so that isn't what I would call "free" I would wager that the people who purchased that game did so because they wanted the mmo you where advertising before you released LIF:YO and were willing to buy it so you could fund the mmo.

People who bought LIF:YO should have had access to closed betas.

And I have another question is your upcoming open beta for everyone or do you have to buy something to access it?

Post edited by Asheram on