Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game will be best.... Top 3 reasons

ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226
So the rules are simple. What game in development right now do you desire most? And why? Top 3 reasons.

And also if you want to critique another game someone mentions, what 1 thing do you think will be the biggest problem of that game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post will help me and hopefully others decide what game they will waste months on.

Thrakk

Comments

• GoluhGoluh Member Posts: 374

Warhammer Online (obviously)

1. pure pvp ( great lore & background ) + ability to sack the enemy's stronghold

2. showoff throphies on ur character

3. character evolving

• SadohoreSadohore Member Posts: 21

Warhammer online here, too.

Top 3 reasons:

1. Lots of pvp, and hopefully good pvp
    2. The setting. Orcs, dwarves, elves and the like nonstop killing each other... aah
    3. Chances are big that the game will actually be released and not suck totally, as opposed to some other hypes ive seen around.

• ZephrithZephrith Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Sadohore

Top 3 reasons:

2. The setting. Orcs, dwarves, elves and the like nonstop killing each other... aah
    3. Chances are big that the game will actually be released and not suck totally, as opposed to some other hypes ive seen around.

You know what would be sad, but funny?

If Warhammer Online turned out to be a flop.

It could happen. (i.e Star Wars Galaxies)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

DARKFALL!!!!

1.Open pvp

2. death penalty full loot

3. 100% skillbased(no lvls)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Vanguard : Saga of Heroes

• Being spear-headed by one of the greatest fantasy game developers in the world.
    • Massive world, with many revolutionary ideas.
    • Both PvE and PvP.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Archlord
    www.archlordgame.com

1: FFA PvP
    2: Clan and political based game, clans can take over castles and it has an unique concept that makes one player the ruler of the gameworld for a month, the Archlord
    3: First korean mmorpg that will mix Korean and Western gameplay

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Zephrith

Originally posted by Sadohore

Top 3 reasons:

You know what would be sad, but funny?
    If Warhammer Online turned out to be a flop.
    It could happen. (i.e Star Wars Galaxies)

SWG wasn't a flop, it recently became a flop.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Ragnarok Online 2:

-Advanced Job system.
    -Yokko Kanno is composing music for it.
    -Looks incredible.

• harley914harley914 Member Posts: 5

Huxley

1. Combination between two favorite genres, MMORPG and FPS.

2. Playing for fun and experiencing progression (Let's face it most MMORPG's are playedfor progression why else would we spend all those boring hours of grinding, in this game you actualy play for fun like an FPS and get the feel of progression).

3. Great Choice System (Less limitations with classes not being able to use this skill or that weapon or those items, instead there's a better license system, which you can see for yourself).

• NecranNecran Member Posts: 309

I'm all about Fallen Earth right now,
    1. looks like a serious team of dev's that arent rushing to release it before it's really ready to be the best, and from what i see already it should be pretty impressive and they been working at it for a long time.

2. its an original idea in a sea of fantasy genre clones (do we really need more dragons and spells? ...yawn)

3. it's game interface is alot better than just highlight target, then click attack, FPS games involve more general skill.

Huxley is a close second, but seems to be more like an endless FPS deathmatch trying to be an RPG, the world doesnt seem as real or in depth as Fallen Earth's, or half as cool, but thats just personal tastes.

• ForgottenKnightForgottenKnight Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Ultima Online
    1. Cause it never stops develop
    2. Long ago it was , it remains until it falls and a heir to the throne is choosen
    3. It has a damned good wide spread free shard collection, you can play the game anyhow, anywhere and with whoever you want to...there are PVP, RP, PVM etc etc etc etc...

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by farahot
    Ultima Online
    2. Long ago it was , it remains until it falls and a heir to the throne is choosen
    3. It has a damned good wide spread free shard collection, you can play the game anyhow, anywhere and with whoever you want to...there are PVP, RP, PVM etc etc etc etc...

Let me please correct you there.

1. They may be developing new content, but it doesn't mean the content is good. The dev who said they should add frickin Samurais in a medieval based game should be shot.
    2. Yes it was king, but it sure as hell isn't now. To be King you unfortunately need the highest player base.
    3. PvP? Definately not on an OSI server. I played on a free shard for almost three years, and that definately had some.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Anageth
    Vanguard : Saga of Heroes[*]Being spear-headed by one of the greatest fantasy game developers in the world.[*]Massive world, with many revolutionary ideas.Both PvE and PvP.

I disagree with points 2 & 3. More evolutionary, than revolutionary. The FAQ states that V:SOH will still be drawing upon DIKU MUD dynamics - class, level based, equipment centric, linear progression - but will innovate these features and develop (or rather, modify) existing MMORPG concepts.

V:SOSH will be a PvE game with a tacked on PvP server. PvP was not built into the game engine from the get-go.

To answer the question, I think that Vanguard and WAR have the most promise to actually deliver on any title still in development. Whether they will be the best is dependent on what one wants from a title:

Vanguard

1. Spear-headed by Brad McQuaid & co (original EQ)
    2. Evolution of EQ dynamics (DIKU MUD)
    3. Challenge

WAR

1. Spear-headed by Mythic (DAoC)
    2. RvR
    3. Warhammer setting (lots of source material)

Extremely general pluses for each game. What gives me optimism for both games is that the developers pretty much set the bar for their respective genre (PvE and RvR) and will appeal to veterans of EQ and DAoC - as well as suck in lots of other gamers.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• ForgottenKnightForgottenKnight Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Anageth

Originally posted by farahot
    Ultima Online

Let me please correct you there.

1. They may be developing new content, but it doesn't mean the content is good. The dev who said they should add frickin Samurais in a medieval based game should be shot.
    2. Yes it was king, but it sure as hell isn't now. To be King you unfortunately need the highest player base.
    3. PvP? Definately not on an OSI server. I played on a free shard for almost three years, and that definately had some.

1. Still its not you who decide whats good and whats not :) your point fails. I agree with you though that EA done some wrong turns (many wrong turns) but the game we love is still here nevertheless in one shape or another.
    2. This isn't a democracy where people vote who to crown, UO pulled the sword from the stone and thereby keeps the sword until a rightfull owner takes its place. Which have yet to come.
    3. DefianceUO which I play on atm has pvp, lots of it. I RPed on UO and even the RP had PVP so it exists there too. Maybe not factionswise on official servers today but you still got the option.

My point stands, UO
  • PantasticPantastic Member Posts: 1,204

My hopes are on Warhammer Online is my choice,

1. Mythic has a good reputation for fun games, as does GW who's licensing to them
    2. Game looks like it has a good RVR setup, with distinct sides and lots of stuff to do
    3. Haven't heard anything that sounds worrying.

I do worry about the game going real-world-money crazy since GW is behind it, I haven't been on the plastic crack of WH40K for a while but it can take some money.

Pirates of the Burning Sea is second, it looks like it should be fun and has some good design ideas, plus it doesn't use the 'semi-medieval' setting that's so common.

I was looking for Age of Conan, but from what I've read so far they're going to make multiple significant game abilities dependant on being in a guild, I don't like the idea that some random guy running a guild can make you unable to craft, which seems to be the way they're going.

Vanguard looked interesting, but from what I've seen Brad's idea of "fun" is very different from mine, things like long travel times and rerunning an encounter hoping for low-probability drops appeal to him. Plus they've decided that you'll have to raid or buy raid-only gear (which means basically becoming a farmbot for some raid guild) to be properly geared out despite the games alleged focus on group content, and I have no desire to come anwhere near another raid in my life.