Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monster Hunter World Coming To PS4, Xbox One, PC

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited June 2017 in General Gaming

According to a press release from Capcom, the game will support up to four-player co-op “in a newly designed online drop-in multiplayer system which allows cross-region cooperative play between Japan and the west.” The seamless stuff they’re talking about below apparently means that you move from area to area without loading screens.

Braindome

Comments

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited June 2017
    I like that you can climb monsters like in Dragons Dogma, and this makes dauntless look bad.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Looking great although camera might be an absolute nightmare with the increased mobility.

Still more excited about the Switch Version of MHXX, portability means more to me than better graphics tbh. Will get this too in time though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

New Gameplay Walkthrough

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    That idiotic huge sword did it for me, I will stay far away from this game no matter how good It is, I feel physical ill when seeing such stupid weapons in games.
    Maurgrim said:
    That idiotic huge sword did it for me, I will stay far away from this game no matter how good It is, I feel physical ill when seeing such stupid weapons in games.
    Wouldnt you use bigger weapons if you had super human strength especially against giant creatures that also has weirder abilities.
    SovrathConstantineMerus
  • MikaelJordanMikaelJordan Member CommonPosts: 20
    It looks cool when we can interact with the environment to kill the monster, however, since it's Japnese style so the weapons look kinda fancy and not realistic, nvm, I also curious will it have the feature that we can tame the monster and use them hunting the others biggers, more dangerous.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Maurgrim said:
    One of the best games of all time had stupidly big weapons, ever hear of Final Fantasy 7  ;)
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited July 2017
    Maurgrim said:
    Wouldnt you use bigger weapons if you had super human strength especially against giant creatures that also has weirder abilities.
    Many people ridicule eastern approach to superpowers. Meanwhile western superheroes keep punching everybody. Comics, movies, series, whatever, the more strength they have, the lesser weapons they carry.

The pinnacle of stupidity is in Supernatural. The whole show is about demons organizing an anti-NRA rally. Grab a pistol ffs. It seems hell is also one of those places where everyone gets a trophy by just showing up. 

Only time I don't like big weapons is when the physics are the same. I love how they are handled in Souls series for example. You feel the weight, so does your foe. 
    Post edited by ConstantineMerus on
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Maurgrim said:
    Welcome to MH, you must be new.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer