Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another MOBA, But So Much More - MXM: Master X Master Review - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    So far I have played the game hit level 15 less toxicity than other MOBA so far, but sadly I will have to uninstall if they activate XingCode, or Game Guard. Game Guard is in the game but its not active or running so its not installed.

Also Blade & Soul switched from Game Guard to XingCode, but im currently arguing them on Reddit, Support Ticket, and their forums asking them to at least ask permission before unknowingly dropping these on peoples systems and respect privacy, because I simply won't play with anything that can't be legit about it.

And the game over-all feels a bit more different than LOL but certain classes are way underpowered and require team players to actually make plays at the same time or your pretty screwed and unplayable because your a walking target especially some ADC's compared to others.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Renoaku said:
    So far I have played the game hit level 15 less toxicity than other MOBA so far, but sadly I will have to uninstall if they activate XingCode, or Game Guard. Game Guard is in the game but its not active or running so its not installed.

Also Blade & Soul switched from Game Guard to XingCode, but im currently arguing them on Reddit, Support Ticket, and their forums asking them to at least ask permission before unknowingly dropping these on peoples systems and respect privacy, because I simply won't play with anything that can't be legit about it.

And the game over-all feels a bit more different than LOL but certain classes are way underpowered and require team players to actually make plays at the same time or your pretty screwed and unplayable because your a walking target especially some ADC's compared to others.
    They have to put something in there to stop people cheating, perhaps you could suggest they use a program etc. that is less intrusive, but just as, if not more effective against cheats? But while i can't comment on GameGuard, i have to say that Xigncode doesn't seem all that intrusive to me, there is only one game that i play that has it, and that is BDO, and it doesn't cause problems for me at all, and if it also makes cheaters life a misery, isn't that a good thing?
    Corileanna
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Phry said:
    Renoaku said:

They have to put something in there to stop people cheating, perhaps you could suggest they use a program etc. that is less intrusive, but just as, if not more effective against cheats? But while i can't comment on GameGuard, i have to say that Xigncode doesn't seem all that intrusive to me, there is only one game that i play that has it, and that is BDO, and it doesn't cause problems for me at all, and if it also makes cheaters life a misery, isn't that a good thing?
    I did in a support ticket, Reddit, and their forums I explained how to make "XingCode" less intrusive by asking permission to install just like Battleye & Easy Anti Cheat.

Also they don't have to use an Anti-Cheat.

MXM is a MOBA, and League OF Legends + DOTA 2 don't use Anti-Cheats or at least ones that come from a 3rd party.

The whole problem with Xing Code & Game Guard is its made by a 3rd party and installed without asking, not made by the developers of the game.

Would you trust me if I just made an APP, put it on Google, and was the developer of a 3rd party app or tool and just called it an Anti-Cheat, and so every game started using this app, which has the ability to automatically update, and could be used to in theory do a many number of illegal things, but worst of all it was installed on your Android Device, or computer without your knowledge or consent, because this is exactly what XingCode & Game Guard do.

At least the other two I named ask permission first, and you can always get support on Reddit or from the developers of such XingCode you really can't.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Robokapp said:
    Aeander said:
    Robokapp said:
    why do we need another moba? What's wrong with the ones we have?
    More options is always a good thing. For some of us, every moba on the market has some form of crippling issue.

but would a new one provide anything different? it's ultimately the question. 

I welcome anything that improves the landscape but I'm not seeing anything here of the kind...
    I would say yes. The question is not if, it's how much. 

In terms of evolution:

Aeon of Strife founded the genre.

DotA added depth.

League of Legends streamlined the experience and was the first commercial moba.

Super Monday Night combat brought the genre to the third person, and Smite popularized the third person.

Realm of the Titans introduced lane-pushing bosses and Heroes of the Storm popularized these. 

Realm of the Titans introduced PvE modes and Master x Master popularized these.

Shards of War brought WASD controls to isometric mobas and Master x Master popularized this. 

Dawngate effectively perfected the isometric moba with versatile, streamlined item stats and new mechanics. While it is dead, its mechanics have shaped the future of League of Legends, moving the genre forward.

New games do add variety, even if the core is traditional.