Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizard101 - Nooks and Crannies - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWizard101 - Nooks and Crannies - MMORPG.com

As mentioned in my last article, Wizard101's most recent update deals with numerous player concerns and suggestions. Everyone loves a good storyline update, but it's important not to overlook the small details that improve an ever aging game. Simply put, quality of life updates make the game "healthier" for years to come.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited July 2017
    Option for faster or shorter spell animations would be really needed. The game often wastes more than 10 second just to show "Now I hit that enemy", while keeping the player unable to do anything but wait.
    MellowTiggersKochiya

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Is'nt Wizard 101 a little dated ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    "Fizzle" definitely not your friend in battles maybe some sort of mechanic or wizard customization that would help with things like that?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Elvoc said:

"Fizzle" definitely not your friend in battles maybe some sort of mechanic or wizard customization that would help with things like that?

Without unpredictability, players could play every battle the same way, and with a same strategy. Even if fizzles are irritating when it hits you, removing that unpredictability would be more boring.

• Blue_SparxBlue_Sparx Member CommonPosts: 1
    In addition to being able to control Henchmen, I think Myth wizards (and only Myth) should be able to control any minion they summon with a spell. I feel like this would make Myth's minion "specialty" more of a specialty again, and actually make myth wizards want to use their minions.

In regard to the idea of a graphics overhaul, while I would love to see it, I also worry about how much work it would take and how many updates we'd miss in order to make it happen. The game has so many assets that would have to be updated--environmental models and textures, character models and textures, the textures of all the older equipment, the outdated interfaces such as text boxes and shop windows... There's just so much that goes into a graphical overhaul that I wonder if the time would be worth the pay out.

I also agree with a previous comment that suggests making some spell animation shorter. With that, AoE hits should be reworked to hit everyone at once, instead of one at a time.
  • MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Not a single mention of inventory? That's my #1 and strongest complaint: the tedious, pointless, and time-consuming inventory micro-management. There are lots of ways they could improve it. Any one would help:

1) simply increase the item limits at every opportunity (starting at the backpack)
    2) move pet food cards to an unlimited common storage, shared between all characters on the account, always available to all characters at the pet games without needing to visit storage
    3) move plant seeds to an unlimited common storage, shared between all characters on the account, accessible from the common house chest indoors or the mushrooms outdoors
    4) move house assets (building blocks, trees, wall/floor patterns, etc.) to an unlimited common storage, shared between all characters
    5) crown-purchased clothing should actively scale with the level of the character (not requiring micromanagement of clothing appropriate to the level); put on the clothing, and it scales to your current level, adjusting as your level does over time

Make my day. Implement all 5 of those ideas so I don't have to micro-manage any more. :)
  • crazytracykcrazytracyk Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I would like to be able to have all 7 classes
  • shore402shore402 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    i would like if you buy a world with crowns all areas should come with the world not need be bought one at a time after
  • Why120Why120 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Trading stuff
  • sKochiyasKochiya Member UncommonPosts: 4

Vrika said:

Option for faster or shorter spell animations would be really needed. The game often wastes more than 10 second just to show "Now I hit that enemy", while keeping the player unable to do anything but wait.

Definitely need this. I could spin on my swivel chair while the animations occur and get dizzy.

Elvoc said:

Accuracy gear and jewels are your friend.

Not a single mention of inventory? That's my #1 and strongest complaint: the tedious, pointless, and time-consuming inventory micro-management. There are lots of ways they could improve it. Any one would help:

1) simply increase the item limits at every opportunity (starting at the backpack)

2) move pet food cards to an unlimited common storage, shared between all characters on the account, always available to all characters at the pet games without needing to visit storage

3) move plant seeds to an unlimited common storage, shared between all characters on the account, accessible from the common house chest indoors or the mushrooms outdoors

4) move house assets (building blocks, trees, wall/floor patterns, etc.) to an unlimited common storage, shared between all characters

5) crown-purchased clothing should actively scale with the level of the character (not requiring micromanagement of clothing appropriate to the level); put on the clothing, and it scales to your current level, adjusting as your level does over time

Make my day. Implement all 5 of those ideas so I don't have to micro-manage any more. :)

Maybe #1 to 120 (200 with a sub), but I'm not sure about 2 - 4. I definitely agree with #5, though, so you won't have to keep spending crowns for the same equipment. Maybe as a crafting recipe, though.

Why120 said:

Trading stuff

KI confirmed that this will never happen.

Some of my own words:
    Graphics overhaul would be nice but it'll take a lot of time. Personally, the current ones don't bother me that badly.