Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grimoire...........after 23 years of development...

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
Is it finally releasing , lets hope so and that it is what Cleve says it is ( i know , i know ) the history ...

But its waiting for Valve to put it up right now ... we will know soon enough , i for one am very interested ..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

[Deleted User]HatefullExcessionKyleranJeffSpicoliScot

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Yeah those 1990 eye of the beholder graphics must have been rough on development. We should be thankful it didn't take 30 years.
    XarkoOctagon7711Scot
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I think it looks frigging awesome. Thank you very much for the link, wishlisted!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    20 years from now - "Star Citizen after 23 years of development" :)
    You're being a bit optimistic, don't you think?
    NoxeronKyleranXarkoOctagon7711HatefullPhry[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Tiamat64 said:
    23 years from now it will still be pre-alpha, backers will still say there is no rush.
    XarkoHatefullforcelimaTheScavengerMrMelGibson

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    lahnmir said:
    I think it looks frigging awesome. Thank you very much for the link, wishlisted!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yep same here. But there is no way in hell that I would pay over $10 for it. Gotta have standards! :D

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Excession said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    23 years from now it will still be pre-alpha, backers will still say there is no rush.
    Along with Shroud of the Avatar, 7 Days to Die, and ARK.
    TheelyKyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Does that bring back memories, probably on my must buy list...even if it's on Steam.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Damn, first they hit me with the info that the game will be 40 bucks and I'm all like ' no way I am paying that!' Then they hit me with the info that this is basically one big love letter to Wizardry 7 and practically a spiritual successor to that game and I'm all like 'That could be worth 40 bucks.'

Guess I'll wait a bit for reviews to come in and see what it is really like. I hope its not buggy, getting these ironed out could take another year or 10 if so.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Are trying to say that by the time the game launches we will be playing it in our real spaceships?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

after 23 years of development...

To still get hit with the usual delays. :p

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, its an interesting looking game, but, maybe its a bit too 'retro' looking.
    bartoni33
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DMKano said:
    So looking forward to this one - as a huge fan of Wizardry, Eye of Beholder.... and more recently Grimrock series.

Instant buy for me.
    Yeah, looks great and all...but no graph paper needed.  :'(

LOL
    Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    They must have got help from the Albion guys for this speedy launch.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Excession said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Yes they want it to be just right
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So Dungeon Master finally gets a part two.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. They probably faced compatibility issues every few years when a new Windows OS came out.
    Tofkeatonico
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    DMKano said:
    So looking forward to this one - as a huge fan of Wizardry, Eye of Beholder.... and more recently Grimrock series.

Instant buy for me.
    Buy for me as well.

Wiz 1-5 were awesome. Endless hours mapping out the dungeon, trying to not get lost and stay alive. Swapping disks on my Apple II. Running around the house because I misplaced the manual and I have no idea what the "page 4, paragraph 3, line 4, 4th word" is.

Wiz 6, 7, and 8 were 'meh', IMO. They lost me at 6.

My game catalog from those days: Wizardry 1-5, Bard's Tale 1-3, Ultima 1-5, Zork 1-3 and the rest of the Infocom text adventures.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It reminds me of Christmas 1987 when I got Dungeon Master for my Atari ST... loved that game back in the day.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Played all the old school RPGs in the 90s, I enjoyed them a lot but I won't go back with that graphic today in 2017, been there done that.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    likewise Ultima 1-9 (and the pre game that launched that series (starts with an A but carnt remember name). Didnt get into Zork, Bards tale was ok (i prefered Ultima).
    Game thats hardly mentioned is Buck Rodgers that game was also fun (though tough when starting out) and the old DnD games series.

Wish they would bring games like that back or redo them to not lose what they had but to bring them upto date in todays world.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    likewise Ultima 1-9 (and the pre game that launched that series (starts with an A but carnt remember name). Didnt get into Zork, Bards tale was ok (i prefered Ultima).
    Game thats hardly mentioned is Buck Rodgers that game was also fun (though tough when starting out) and the old DnD games series.

Wish they would bring games like that back or redo them to not lose what they had but to bring them upto date in todays world.
    its Akalabeth, i remember ordering it , and it arrived in a sandwich bag with instructions hand typed on an index card .... was awesome:)
    edited August 2017
    Its Alive !!!  

after 23 years Girmoire has launched on Steam ...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

There seems to be some launching issues for some tho ...May wait a  bit and see how it goes :)

edited December 2018
     Grimoire V2 is finally complete the manual will be availble for free from the store page soon for anyone to use ...GJ Cleve ... And its 50% off at 9.99, thats a really good deal for so much game , the learning curve is steep , but the manual should help ...Very deep party based crawler

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So youre saying it has 1995 graphics and this is supposed to entice us?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDK man,maybe 20 years ago i would play it but it does not look like anything evolved over 23 years.It looks more like it was scrapped and sat on the shelf for a very long time and now seeing how anything sells now a days,he figures let's do this.

The mapping in the video sure look like a direct copy of Wizardry for sure.I just feel if you are going to take this long,you need to update everything and bring it up to par.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.