Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe - Everything You Need to Know About Plains of Eidolon and Landscapes - MMORPG.com

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited July 2017
    TAKE MY MO--oh wait.

This is something that's been missing from the game.. so many people seem to not really like the whole instanced repetitive mission running.. and now we finally get an open world.

May not be a really big open world like in other MMORPGs, but boy is it a welcome sight for those of us who've burned out on the game.

It's finally time to return to warframe..
    Hatefull
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited July 2017
    Ginaz said:
    Sounds awesome. If done right, it could compete with Destiny 2, esp. if Destiny 2 ends up disappointing.
    Honestly, Warframe is way more original than Destiny, and the combat is superior, particularly the Melee parkour+combat.
    When they say you play a Space Ninja, they really mean that.

And look at the Graphics!

httpi193photobucketcomalbumsz224Acuniaexcaltargpngoriginal

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    http://destinytracker.com/?lb=all#lb Destiny 2 has nothing to worry about, Destiny fell about 800K users since March, which is normal since they are waiting on Destiny 2, almost 2 million users were active on Destiny back in March, and if pre sale status is any indication, Destiny 2 should have close to if not over the 10 million mark and that is not counting PC users that are going to join in a month later. As far as WarFrame goes, a little too late for them, of course the fanbois and decidated loyalist will stick with it, but good luck to them and enjoy yourselves, lol.
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:
    RIGHT?! Me too! I cannot wait for this. Something's always been holding me back from Warframe, and it's that connective tissue of a larger "world". The ship solo hub never did it for me. This, this is a direction I love.
    And its holding me back too that they all look entirely like robots with no human heads, or cybernetics / options to actually choose from lol.
    Yes you can.

httporig06deviantartnete24af2015340e1warframe_screenshot__tenno_unveiled_tiny_spoiler__by_commanderjonas-d9j8yrxjpg

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Guys, relax. Destiny 2 and Warframe can coexist, no problem. One isnt going to be the downfall of the other.
    [Deleted User]URMAKER
    edited July 2017
    http://destinytracker.com/?lb=all#lb Destiny 2 has nothing to worry about, Destiny fell about 800K users since March, which is normal since they are waiting on Destiny 2, almost 2 million users were active on Destiny back in March, and if pre sale status is any indication, Destiny 2 should have close to if not over the 10 million mark and that is not counting PC users that are going to join in a month later. As far as WarFrame goes, a little too late for them, of course the fanbois and decidated loyalist will stick with it, but good luck to them and enjoy yourselves, lol.
    Of course, no one is going to argue with that.
    Warframe doesn't have the multi-million marketing campaign of Destiny, that doesn't mean that Destiny is a superior game.
    I bet few people in this site know about Warframe, this is a game that doesn't get lots of coverage.
    I am sure that if Warframe was a Bethesda game, it would have at least 10x more players.
    Steam gives it 131K Very Positive reviews, it's not easy to get that kind of rating on Steam, the game is solid and fun.

By the way Warframe Active Players increase steadily by word of mouth, this game-changing new feature will bring even more player to the game, but of course it will never compete with the numbers of Destiny 2.

m1tchk

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

ste2000 said:

Ginaz said:

Sounds awesome. If done right, it could compete with Destiny 2, esp. if Destiny 2 ends up disappointing.

Honestly, Warframe is way more original than Destiny, and the combat is superior, particularly the Melee parkour+combat.
    When they say you play a Space Ninja, they really mean that.

And look at the Graphics!

httpi193photobucketcomalbumsz224Acuniaexcaltargpngoriginal

I've played about 100 hours of Warframe, so I know how the combat works. Never tried Destiny 1 because I don't play many console games, which is why I'm looking forward to Destiny 2 being on PC.
    [Deleted User]

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited July 2017

ste2000 said:

Of course, no one is going to argue with that.
    Warframe doesn't have the multi-million marketing campaign of Destiny, that doesn't mean that Destiny is a superior game.
    I bet few people in this site know about Warframe, this is a game that doesn't get lots of coverage.
    I am sure that if Warframe was a Bethesda game, it would have at least 10x more players.
    Steam gives it 131K Very Positive reviews, it's not easy to get that kind of rating on Steam, the game is solid and fun.

By the way Warframe Active Players increase steadily by word of mouth, this game-changing new feature will bring even more player to the game, but of course it will never compete with the numbers of Destiny 2.

I don't think Warframe will have more players than Destiny 2 (unless it completely shits the bed) but the fact that Warframe is free while Destiny 2 isn't and Warframe having a very fair monetary scheme is compelling for a lot of people. For $60 (which is what Destiny 2 will cost) you can get a lot of stuff in Warframe. Much like Overwatch and Paladins, both "AAA" and "indie" games can co-exist and be successful if they are fun to play.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

kanechart said:

As someone only played a Bit of warframe and got a bit bored is this going to be at low levels med levels any levels lol?

From the looks of it, it will be low to mid during the day, and only those who are VERY good and/or in large groups at night.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Renoaku said:

RIGHT?! Me too! I cannot wait for this. Something's always been holding me back from Warframe, and it's that connective tissue of a larger "world". The ship solo hub never did it for me. This, this is a direction I love.

And its holding me back too that they all look entirely like robots with no human heads, or cybernetics / options to actually choose from lol.

That and the combat is just a button mash 95% of the time. I only feel liek I'm in control of my warframe 50% of the time, the rest is just random combinations and rolls/jumps coming from ever location I've flipped, rolled too, enemy bounced off of. There is some satisfaction to the hyper combat, but after a short while the meaningless of it overpowers that.
  • m1tchkm1tchk Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited July 2017

Ginaz said:

Destiny and Warframe don't compete. Warframe is the top dog here
    Mikeha
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    edited July 2017

Hariken said:

Ginaz said:

I bet the guys at Destiny 2 are saying WTF.

Warframe is doing this because they know Destiny 2 is about to take all their players.. Blizzard app = Destiny 2 will have millions of players for years. Only the people with absolutely no money will play warframe, liek Paladins now compared to Overwatch. I am not saying which is a better game, but I am saying Blizzard(in this case a game on the blizz app) games never have to worry about playerbase.
    Mikeha

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

edited July 2017
    khameleon said:

Hariken said:

I bet the guys at Destiny 2 are saying WTF.

Warframe is doing this because they know Destiny 2 is about to take all their players..
    Sorry but that's bullshit, it didn't happen with Destiny 1 and it won't happen with Destiny 2.
    Remember that Warframe can be played also on Xbox and PS not just on PC, so Destiny 1 was already competing against Warframe, yet Warframe players kept increasing steadily while Destiny pretty much died after the first couple of months, that's why they need a number 2.
    Let me rephrase that, Warframe has a loyal player base, Destiny hasn't.
    Destiny 2 will sell millions of copies but players won't stick around for long, I am sure Destiny 2 playerbase is the same Overwatch player base (although the two games are different), so after few months people will go back playing Overwatch full time.

The Open World feature is something the player base have been asking for years, remember that Digital Extreme is an Indie developer, they don't have the same resources as Activision.
    DE started really small with Warframe, the game got better every month year after year.
    Today the game is succesful enough to guarantee DE high revenues, so now they finally have the money to invest in such a big project, I mean, adding an Open Word feature into an heavily instanced game like Warframe it's not something you can do on the cheap.

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

the golden comment
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    There's no need for the Warframe > Destiny X commentary. Destiny 2 will be out on PC, so they are able to compete against each other directly, on level ground.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, because ultimately gamers SHOULD win. Any time that there is competition within a genre, it will promote innovation, so yay? Hopefully? This expack will probably bring me back to Warframe, at least for a while. I'll probably play Destiny 2 as well. Whether or not I stick with one, or either of them, will depend on how well they execute..... and whether or not the next WoW expansion has been released, lol, kidding..... not really.
    Ginazste2000

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    edited July 2017
    This change got me to try the game. FOR ME...it all depends on how in game crafting works out.Since I'm a 99% solo player and bosses drop key crafting components....I'm concerned.
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

This change got me to try the game. FOR ME...it all depends on how in game crafting works out.Since I'm a 99% solo player and bosses drop key crafting components....I'm concerned.

It looks like you can get crafting materials from anywhere much like you can in the game now. Bosses drop mods mostly but the crafting material is always out there from everything else.

I play Warframe solo a lot when I don't want to just sprint through a map. I like to take my time open everything up and get all the loot available in the game.
    [Deleted User]

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Most bosses can be solo'd, though some are more challenging than others.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    We'll see if they can deliver challenging content, but I'm not holding my breath. All the powercreep in the world is pointless if you can lato your way out of any situation.
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    If only their was a normal center view, after a shot time of shooting and looking off center I get dizzy, to the point I have trouble walking. Can play gw2 sto rift etc for hours on end.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

I wouldn't worry too much about it, since you're sharing the map with 49 other people these night time bosses may just end up getting zerged down
    [Deleted User]
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    looks like this is one of the few games where the developer knows what they are doing.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    The sometimes manic frenzy action of the game needs to slow down.Thought...tactics...strategy need to be instilled in the game. open world offers an opportunity to do that.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looked cool enough to check out so i went to Steam and searched for it.Saw over 500 bucks in cash shop item packages and said no frigging way would i touch this.
    This is why the phrase free to play is VERY misleading and in general gaming has got way out of hand with way over the top money grinding.

The game is worth about 30-40 bucks,then if they want to add a full expansion,perhaps another 30 bucks but 500+ in cash shop and a new map,that map won't be worth 500 bucks.
    The offset to paying in cash shop is obviously NOT going to compete with straight up spenders,so turning your game into a pay to win is a huge negative.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited July 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Looked cool enough to check out so i went to Steam and searched for it.Saw over 500 bucks in cash shop item packages and said no frigging way would i touch this.
    This is why the phrase free to play is VERY misleading and in general gaming has got way out of hand with way over the top money grinding.

Please stop....You didn't even tried the game.

You don't need anything from the Cash Shop except for the Frame Slots and Weapon Slots.
    But even those you can buy them by selling Frame Parts to other players for Platinum.
    I made more than 2000 Platinum (worth 80 Euros) selling Frame parts and never had to spend any  real money on the game.
    Get your facts straight before you comment on something you know very little about.

ZoeMcCloskey