Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Roadmap Details What's Next for SWL - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageUpdated Roadmap Details What's Next for SWL - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

Secret World Legends News - The Secret World Legends site has a new post that lays out what players can expect to see in updates for the balance of 2017.

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«13

Comments

  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,046
    edited July 2017
    Liking this game more and more, lvl 28 now thought lemme finish all quests in the first area. Now I got some cool clothes and pets!




    TorvalvaloizzigalucardMrMelGibsoninfomatz

  • Chrono223Chrono223 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I did my best to complete all the missions in the first zone (I was clearly less powerful in TSW when I left Kingsmouth).

    I am only level 17 at the moment, but I have my own pet too!

    I am liking the game (again) and hope to tackle Lairs/Elite dungeons in the future.
    TorvalvaloizDragnelusinfomatz
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Thoroughly enjoying this game with a couple of my friends, we are all having fun with it and figuring out the investigation quests together is super fun.
    valoizMrMelGibson
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,164
    Having a blast in this reboot. Enjoying it more than I did the original launch!
    valoizMrMelGibson
  • HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,358
    My friends quit the game because of the cooldown timer for f2p vs patron. 3 days vs 8 hours on missions. In the original game it wasn't like that.
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited July 2017
    No Pvp updates ((
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,839
    No personal faction stories.  I liked those.  :(

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507
    The new game is AMAZING! Fun and imo nothing else like it on the market. There is always character progression - so I can't see myself getting bored leveling everything up.

    The dungeons are fun and different and you only need a few people to complete. And the missions "quests" are plentiful, varied and fun!

    The game is the best mmo available on the market right now and if you can't see yourself spending $12.00 a month to support it then well go back to playing Black Desert Online which is a dumb game. Pretty graphics and flashy combat.
    Octagon7711valoiz
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,712
    I'm looking forward to progressing past the point where I left the original TSW. And this time I won't have to worry about being forced to get rid of 90% of the fun skills I chose for my character because they don't fit into one of the builds capable of doing endgame stuff. (or at least so I hope xD)

    I might have to change some stuff for elite dungeons I imagine, but those are an entirely different thing compared to being stuck on the story content. Good job so far, Funcom! :D

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Dont get me wrong i love the new game but...why do we have to wait for the New York Raid and Tokyo when they were already released in the 1st game?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,712
    Voidfarer said:
    Dont get me wrong i love the new game but...why do we have to wait for the New York Raid and Tokyo when they were already released in the 1st game?
    Because they completely overhauled the combat system, so I imagine everything that ties into that needs a rework as well.
    MrMelGibson

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,188
    I skipped the TSW because I was busy with other mmo's at the time of launch, and never heard too many good things besides the story post-launch. Though, I'm really looking forward to giving SWL a try, just wish the Steam release wasn't so long after the regular release as I'd rather have it on Steam.
    Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

    18 year MMO veteran 
    Retired PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

  • TzunnyTzunny Member UncommonPosts: 5
    A nerfed game with no real challenges, missions are the same since 2012 adjusted some of them, engine bad as then to, client still crash suddenly, since rere..relaunch there was many downtimes, you need gold (aurum) for almost everything and the crates which require keys to buy are droping like candy everywhere. Can get maxim level in few hours but need a lot of leveling for every piece of gear... They will release content old for years until in 2018, so still no Season 2, plus there is still no care for PvP. Funcom killed one of them best game and launched this f2p version nerfed to bonnes under a reticule rpg classic combat. It's only fun for those hyped about it, truth is the launch was awfull and there are not many players as expected even if is f2p, most of the population is made of the same dedicated veterans from the original game testing the new combat. Also, it is the 1st year without anniversary event when was supposed to be 5th anniversary. Not even AO and AoC which are over a decade old did not had this defunct treatment from FC and lack of respect for the veterans. SW may be dead and is only Funcom fault, no one else, starting from them directors till last minion. Enjoy playing this Frankestein revived version!
    Azaron_NightbladeAndistotleAnzrielk61977Rasiem
  • valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited July 2017
    Great game! everyone give it a try! is truely F2P A game to enjoy and play on slow pace, paying attention to details, have fun!
    TorvalAzaron_Nightblade
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 125

    valoiz said:

    Great game! everyone give it a try! is truely F2P

    A game to enjoy and play on slow pace, paying attention to details, have fun!



    I totally agree, just try it, you never know...you might fall in love with it ;)
    TorvalAzaron_NightbladeMrMelGibson
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,663
    The roadmap looks good to me. I'm just going to keep plugging along. The holiday event in October should be fun.

    The tricky part in this game is finding a Cabal that fits. Only a few occasionally advertise and I haven't seen a fit yet. I love the guild finder in EQ2. I wish this and most games would offer something like it.
    MrMelGibson
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

    It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 278
    It's insane how much the combat has changed after the latest patch.
    It's almost fluid synchronized combat. No more invisible web stuck over your character with delayed animations.
    Impressive! I must say.
    TorvalMrMelGibson5CARLLeTT
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 746
    The writing is some of the best in an mmo that i've played. A highlight so far is the Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn series of quests.
    Azaron_NightbladeEvilGeek
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,712
    Mykell said:
    The writing is some of the best in an mmo that i've played. A highlight so far is the Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn series of quests.
    Yeah, that one was originally one of the paid DLC. They tend to be great. The last Train to Cairo is a lot of fun too! And so are the upcoming ones they still need to convert. :D

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 390

    Mykell said:

    The writing is some of the best in an mmo that i've played. A highlight so far is the Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn series of quests.



    All I have to say is "I walk Into Empty"
  • KirzanKirzan Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I tried it again in hopes that this "new" combat was any better, or different, but it just isn't. I'm sure most people praising it are either that 1% that have never dropped their sub, or people just looking for a completely free game. Anyone who "came back" after quitting because the combat (and animations) were dog, and says this is better, is lying out of hype.

    The only thing they changed was to add RNG mechanics to all weapons. Like, whenever you shoot your pistols, your barrels roll and if they both land on the same color, you do more damage. It's all 100% automatic and random. Aside from that? The animations are identical. Instead of pressing 1 and 2 to spam your spammable abilities, you press Left Click and Right Click, but it's still "abilities" locked behind GCD like you won't shoot your gun freely, it's "Basic Attack" that has a GCD and all.

    I dunno, same exact thing as before but 2 keybinds are bound to Left Click and Right Click.
    MrMelGibson
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 746

    Kirzan said:

    I tried it again in hopes that this "new" combat was any better, or different, but it just isn't. I'm sure most people praising it are either that 1% that have never dropped their sub, or people just looking for a completely free game. Anyone who "came back" after quitting because the combat (and animations) were dog, and says this is better, is lying out of hype.



    The only thing they changed was to add RNG mechanics to all weapons. Like, whenever you shoot your pistols, your barrels roll and if they both land on the same color, you do more damage. It's all 100% automatic and random. Aside from that? The animations are identical. Instead of pressing 1 and 2 to spam your spammable abilities, you press Left Click and Right Click, but it's still "abilities" locked behind GCD like you won't shoot your gun freely, it's "Basic Attack" that has a GCD and all.



    I dunno, same exact thing as before but 2 keybinds are bound to Left Click and Right Click.



    I bought TSW at launch and just couldn't get into the combat/skill tree. It just never hooked me.

    While the combat in SWL isn't the greatest its a lot better (imo) and its now hooked me into the story enough i don't worry about it. I also just subbed for a month after changes to the patron system as i'd like to support the game so they continue to produce content for it.

    I like the changes so far and the Devs seem to be listening to the player base and want this relaunch to be successful so i must be lying right? #FakeNews?
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • BeerninjaBeerninja Member UncommonPosts: 2

    I agree, I beta tested, put my thoughts in, played when it first came out but just couldn't get past the combat, came back again every so often to try as I absolutely love the theme, and the stories and the investigation quests are AWESOME!!!!, until now though the combat just totally killed it for me. While I agree with above the combat still isn't all that great at all, but it is decent enough to allow me to get past it and enjoy the stories and everything else.


    Good job I do hope the keep improving on the combat, but I am actually hooked now finally and am thankful

    Azaron_Nightblade
  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,240

    Tzunny said:

    A nerfed game with no real challenges, missions are the same since 2012 adjusted some of them, engine bad as then to, client still crash suddenly, since rere..relaunch there was many downtimes, you need gold (aurum) for almost everything and the crates which require keys to buy are droping like candy everywhere. Can get maxim level in few hours but need a lot of leveling for every piece of gear... They will release content old for years until in 2018, so still no Season 2, plus there is still no care for PvP. Funcom killed one of them best game and launched this f2p version nerfed to bonnes under a reticule rpg classic combat. It's only fun for those hyped about it, truth is the launch was awfull and there are not many players as expected even if is f2p, most of the population is made of the same dedicated veterans from the original game testing the new combat. Also, it is the 1st year without anniversary event when was supposed to be 5th anniversary. Not even AO and AoC which are over a decade old did not had this defunct treatment from FC and lack of respect for the veterans. SW may be dead and is only Funcom fault, no one else, starting from them directors till last minion. Enjoy playing this Frankestein revived version!



    Don't know what game you were playing but you don't need to spend a dime buying Aurum for anything in the game. If you are one of those people that needs to have epic items maxed out from the start yeah you spent real money, but that is on you the player not the game. By playing the game you get those same things without spending a dime. The only thing I can say is that it is a good reboot even with the down times they have had, which they did compensate anyone who had an account before those down times. Funcom doesn't have the best track record with games that I can agree on, but in this reboot I have seen them actually trying harder than they did when games like AoC first launched. They have actually taken the time to do a decent remake and kill the bugs in the new parts as fast as people can find and report them. This is a game for people that love questing and story, that is who it is for to be honest, if that isn't your cup of tea then find one of the 1000's of other games to go play.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Tzunny said:
    A nerfed game with no real challenges, missions are the same since 2012 adjusted some of them, engine bad as then to, client still crash suddenly, since rere..relaunch there was many downtimes, you need gold (aurum) for almost everything and the crates which require keys to buy are droping like candy everywhere. Can get maxim level in few hours but need a lot of leveling for every piece of gear... They will release content old for years until in 2018, so still no Season 2, plus there is still no care for PvP. Funcom killed one of them best game and launched this f2p version nerfed to bonnes under a reticule rpg classic combat. It's only fun for those hyped about it, truth is the launch was awfull and there are not many players as expected even if is f2p, most of the population is made of the same dedicated veterans from the original game testing the new combat. Also, it is the 1st year without anniversary event when was supposed to be 5th anniversary. Not even AO and AoC which are over a decade old did not had this defunct treatment from FC and lack of respect for the veterans. SW may be dead and is only Funcom fault, no one else, starting from them directors till last minion. Enjoy playing this Frankestein revived version!
        Dont take offense to this please but just about your whole post is well..wrong and misinformation. Theres tons of players the combat feels great and more content will be coming after they release the old content to catch up. ANd as far as classes go the skill system was completely broken and now its great and much more fluid when building a charecter.
    MrMelGibson
Sign In or Register to comment.