Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light Fresh Screenshots/Gifs 6/30/2017(Closed Beta Hype) Dragons, Wildlife, Cities/Features

SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99

Let's jump right into it. The CBT has begun and we're finally treading some real ground with Dark and Light again.

Gifs

Dragons, Undead, Wolves, Goblins, oh my:

Bestiary:

New Feature - Bestiary (Like Ark's Bestiary System)

cbt.jpg 425.1K
VrikaMikeha

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Looking good.

It is turning out very very similar to Ark, which is just fine by me as I really enjoy Ark. 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

If this game gets proper polish and optimization I can see myself playing it for a very long time.

Fantasy setting? Check
    Sandbox? Check
    Nice graphics? Check
    Dragons? Check
    Taming Dragons? Check
    Riding Dragons? Check
    AlomarMikeha
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Dude, if we can mod this game.. 

• AshaiaAshaia Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Thank you, roquekazin, very much for providing the short videos and pictures! It looks really nice so far. Can you also provide more information on the gameplay mechanisms? How is character development? What races are available for character creation? How is taming working (solo or in group?)? What can you do, what do you have to do, how is the interaction with other players? How are the PVE and PVP contents? And so on ;)
  • SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Ashaia said:
    Thank you, roquekazin, very much for providing the short videos and pictures! It looks really nice so far. Can you also provide more information on the gameplay mechanisms? How is character development? What races are available for character creation? How is taming working (solo or in group?)? What can you do, what do you have to do, how is the interaction with other players? How are the PVE and PVP contents? And so on ;)
    You are very welcome :) and sure I'll answer as much as I can!
    In terms of resource-gathering mechanics, the way we gather from trees and rocks functions differently in Dark and Light than in other games. We use magic to extract the resources from them.

The taming system is also pretty cool, if you're trying to tame a large creature such as a Wyvern or Dragon, you must first load grapples into a crossbow and repeatedly shoot it until you chain it down.

This usually takes a lot of people to accomplish so you'll have to bring a few other people. After it's chained down you'll have to mount it and fly it back to your base, where you can start feeding it with a trough to complete the taming process.

We're not yet sure how many large creatures this same process will be required for but the other creatures will most likely require the same or they'll have tranquilizer darts for us to load into the crossbow. The Bestiary features information like what food each creature likes to eat, so we'll have to feed the creatures at some point to tame it.

When the game goes into Early Access there wont be any race system per say, but you will be able to create characters like Humans, Elves, and Dwarves through pre-sets in the character creation. Like this:

Human:

Elf:

Dwarf:

For PVP content we know we'll have access to turrets, similar to Plant X turrets in Ark Survival. We'll also be able to create contracts with creatures like Goblins to defend our homes while we're offline. And on top of that everything is fully destructible so you'll be able to do some pretty insane stuff like conjuring a huge boulder to toss at someone's wall. Or morph into a wyvern to fly over their walls and cause havoc.

For PVE you'll be able to tame about anything and everything in the game, like the ones in a section of the bestiary below:

Horsejoke (Associate Producer at Snail Games) also relayed the information to us recently that there have also been some new additions to house spots. So hopefully we'll have plenty of places to build out of. You can interact with everything in Dark and Light's world. Even the NPCs in it's cities serve a purpose.

You can purchase and sell items to vendors to help you survive, gather currency from smashing barrels in the cities and other means.

There's a lot below the surface for this game, I've barely scratched it with this post. But hopefully it answers some of your questions, cause I'm running out of room :p

Ashaia
  • ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Man, I was pumped before but this has really got me excited now! Thanks for the updates!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looking really good. 
    Torval said:
    It looks nice. The taming is probably a deal breaker. I hate taming and crafting in ARK and most survival games. It's the pinnacle of tedium and grind for me.
    Just don't tame then. Set your focus on other things in the game while others you are playing with do that.
    To each his own...
  • AshaiaAshaia Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Thank you, roquekazin, for your detailed presentation of different aspects of this game. I am quite interested and will Keep an eye on it.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I agree with the rest. It looks great.
    Zorlofe
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"