Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which service do you use for purchasing games?

postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
I'm curious as to which service you use. I'm assuming Steam will be #1, but how do the rest rank?

I didn't include services that sell games from only one developer/publisher, like Origin, Beamdog, or Bethesda.

Select the service you use to buy MOST of your games:
  1. Amazon Digital Services39 votes
    1. Game Stop
        0.00%
    2. Gamers Gate
        0.00%
    3. Games for Windows
        0.00%
    4. GOG (Good Old Games)
      12.82%
    5. Green Man Gaming
        2.56%
    6. Humble
        2.56%
    7. Indie Game Stand
        0.00%
    8. itch.io
        0.00%
    9. Steam
      53.85%
    10. Other (elaborate in post)
        0.00%
    11. I use multiple services equally (elaborate in post)
      20.51%
    12. I don't (or rarely) buy games via a DD service
        7.69%

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Sorry, I apparently went over the poll limit. You can't select Amazon. You'll have to post a response if you use it.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I used to use Steam a lot, but my games backlog there is so big that I feel bad buying new games when I haven't had time to play the ones I already have. The last few games that I've got have either come from a Humble Bundle, or purchased directly from the developer/publisher.
    PhryKyleran
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I use GoG, Humble Bundle, Steam and Greenman Gaming or amazon . It all depends on which one has the deal.

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    I go where the good deals are. I don't care which service offers the best bang for my buck, though I do my best to avoid grey market services.  
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,707
    I just stick with Steam for simplicity. I know I can probably get better deals searching around, but I just shove stuff on my wishlist and wait for sales, so I get most games cheap anyway. 
    Kyleran
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Steam all the way.  Every now and then I go to one of the company specific ones (Battlefield 1), but I like to have all of my games in one location.

I self identify as a monkey.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I used to use Direct2Drive. But they weren't as good as steam.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Usually "Steam" But I don't purchase any games that use "Denuvo".

Or gog.com which sells DRM Free games.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7192692/www.gog.com

MrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Renoaku said:
    Usually "Steam" But I don't purchase any games that use "Denuvo".

Or gog.com which sells DRM Free games.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7192692/www.gog.com

I think this is what you meant.

Usually Steam But I don't "purchase" any games that use "Denuvo".
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I use GOG and GOG only! I have never used Steam and I never will.

I like to own the games I buy and I will never tolerate DRM.
    NethKhadarKyleran
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    kitarad said:
    I use GoG, Humble Bundle, Steam and Greenman Gaming or amazon . It all depends on which one has the deal.
    Pretty much this.  And a few other's directly from the Studios if they aren't on one of the services.  Origin, NCsoft, others I don't recall at the moment.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    humblebundle, steam, gog, gmg
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • NethKhadarNethKhadar Member UncommonPosts: 15
    steam and GOG are my main ones but also pick up the humble bundle when i find it appealing.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    i use the service from the game homepage. steam makes me cringe , thinking of if steam goes down or something.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Mostly i buy my games on Steam, though i've occasionally bought games from Amazon as sometimes they can be cheaper there, which is a bit bizarre tbh. One place i would never buy from or ever recommend anyone else ever buy from, is from Microsofts Store, even the free stuff there is a waste of money :p
    Kyleran
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Ridelynn said:
    I used to use Steam a lot, but my games backlog there is so big that I feel bad buying new games when I haven't had time to play the ones I already have. The last few games that I've got have either come from a Humble Bundle, or purchased directly from the developer/publisher.
    I know that feeling, i have at least a dozen or so games i keep meaning to get around to playing, that i've picked up on various 'sales' or bundles. It takes significant willpower sometimes.. not to succumb to temptation and buy 'just one more' bargain :p
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Steam only these days.
    I am open to suggestions toward others if they have building/homesteading style games but most of those are in Steam Early Access

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ElouanAmedeeElouanAmedee Member CommonPosts: 2