Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV - Patch 4.01 or How Not to Solve AFKers in PvP - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252

quit yet crying. ;p

Learn to punctuate and spell.
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    AFKers are not hard to punish, just as Riot how they go it in League of Legends.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Not a really smart change O__o
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    MaxBacon said:
    Not a really smart change O__o
    FFXIV, isn't know for its smart changes instead they need to adopt a stance like Riot Games has on their games.

After lets say two leaves in a period of time of being detected afk, a user would be put in LPQ or banned from entering for a said time the time would grow up to 30 minutes eventually longer.

People who keep doing it would find themselves banned from PVP for up to even a month of playing the game as a strict penalty for it this would get rid of afk people.

No I don't agree with their current changes, but its a good example of how a good game company and its developers just simply lack understanding in development.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Renoaku said:
    FFXIV, isn't know for its smart changes instead they need to adopt a stance like Riot Games has on their games.

After lets say two leaves in a period of time of being detected afk, a user would be put in LPQ or banned from entering for a said time the time would grow up to 30 minutes eventually longer.

People who keep doing it would find themselves banned from PVP for up to even a month of playing the game as a strict penalty for it this would get rid of afk people.

No I don't agree with their current changes, but its a good example of how a good game company and its developers just simply lack understanding in development.

There were several weird disconnects in actions they have done when it came to balance or respond to issues, kinda shots in the dark not very thought through.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Viper482 said:
    This community never fails to amaze me with its collective elitism and willingness to support anything SE does. I think these devs could bomb an orphanage and some of you would still come out defending them.

The point is the solution in no way matches the problem. Responding to this with "not a pvp game anyway" type crap is just silly. Who are you to tell me what it is or isn't for me?

This community always wants to tell everyone what this game is. You're not allowed to play it to skip the story and get right to raiding because "it is all about the story", you can't enjoy pvp because "it is not a pvp game", you can't level in pvp because "you won't be good at your job", you can't dislike boring side quests because "it is part of the game". You people have an answer to everything, albeit a crap answer, but an answer nonetheless.

I think I speak for a minority of players in this game when I say stop it! No one cares!
    But you can't speak for a minority with sweeping statements like "no one cares", 'cause that is including everyone. More accurate: "some people don't care." Luckily since it's only a minority, I can believe that most people do care, so I'll continue telling them what I think of  their choices.

YAY!
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I understand the PvP exp gain was a little much, but still, the solution in my mind would be to have a very low AFK-kick threshold in PvP areas only, like 1.5 minute, with an additional hour penalty preventing the rejoining of PvP or Duties.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    ....Top PvPer in DAoC? Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Considering that if PvP is such a wreck and one is a top player in a PvP game, easily one should know how to run Quality Assurance to at least make sense in how PvP is implemented.

There is also a difference between open world PvP-Server games (Lineage 2 anyone?) and Instanced, Arena-based/Battlegrounds queuing games out there.

Another thing about wins and loses.
    If losing were to give me the same rewards as winning, then what is the point of winning? Its like both teams in the World Series, Superbowl or Basketball Championships being given the exact same winning trophy and saying "Even though Team A kicked Team B's Ass... oh lets give them both the same trophy and declare them both as winners!"

Oh let me blow it out of proportion..
    Let's take all test scores of students in a classroom..
    Add them up, and then divide by the number of students and give them all the same score...
    Yay for Equality right?

So much for PvP.
    FF XIV is a game that I've always liked for its PvE.
    If I want to play PvP games, I play a genre called First Person Shooters...

Simply because I don't have to deal with 10 players hitting me with control-effects at the same time and if my stunbreaker is on cooldown, I'm the next to die.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited July 2017
    Why can't they just boot those afk or make sure they get no winnings of any sort?