Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I quit.

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Is this an Asian MMORPG and from an asian country/ developer?
    Yes. What number was the Fallout Vault you emerged from? ;)
    MrMelGibsonmaybebaked

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    When I heard about this game it looked stunning. I paid for a founders pack and played for a few months. I quit for the following reasons:

Game became a grind.
    No Instances.
    World Bosses were way over powered.
    No character customization unless you paid for it.
    Not a lot of magic items.
    The influence system was broken and lame and it took forever sometimes to unlock a quest from a character.
    They went P2W.
    Reasonable comments. Though I'd say BDO is quite honest about those anyway?
    The game isn't pretending to be anything else than what you listed. The grind is a core design component, so is a non-instanced world. If you don't enjoy those, it's not a game for you.

I don't agree with P2W though. If you really look into it, the P2W aspect is very limited - much more than in other titles. Through selling real cash items, you can make at most around 150 million / week. This will cost you 200$ a week. The same amount of money is obtainable by playing for 8-10 hours. Considering the grindy nature of the game and the fact that the progression is not capped, I don't see how even the biggest spender would get a significant advantage over an active player.

Personally, games where the most active players are at the top of the food chain are not P2W to me.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    edited July 2017
    When I heard about this game it looked stunning. I paid for a founders pack and played for a few months. I quit for the following reasons:

Game became a grind.
    No Instances.
    World Bosses were way over powered.
    No character customization unless you paid for it.
    Not a lot of magic items.
    The influence system was broken and lame and it took forever sometimes to unlock a quest from a character.
    They went P2W.
    Game became a grind. - Always was
    No Instances. - Can't agree with you here. I'd like some mission mobs but instances I don't miss.
    World Bosses were way over powered. - Yep and cheaty as hell.
    No character customization unless you paid for it. - Devs need to eat too. This is their bread and butter.
    Not a lot of magic items. - Not sure what you want.
    The influence system was broken and lame and it took forever sometimes to unlock a quest from a character. - True but you lucked out. The rewards for unlocking them are never worth it.
    They went P2W. - No they never. The game is too free. It's why they are always scrounging for an income.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited July 2017
    BDO is probably the biggest missed opportunity since Sony shat all over Vanguard (certain companies just do not have the right mentality for online games).

BDO *could* have been the first decent sub game since WOW, but like so many these days, greed for the fast buck has made it far, far worse than it could have been. And it could have been the best of it's type.

I was just reading the atrocious piece of greed that is promoting your tier 8 horse to a unicorn. In days gone past, that would have been a long, fairly hard quest with an item at the end to do the business. Maybe even a dungeon involved or team/guild play. There might well have been incidental cash shop items to make it quicker or easier. But there would have been some value for the money raised.
    BDO do away with all the content part of that and replace it with far more boring alternatives like already existing farming or gathering and put it at the mercy of hideously steep RNG. The odds are like 999999999 to one you won't get the unicorn in any reasonable number of attempts without cash shop use. Heavy cash shop use due to the precise number and type of horse skills required (also RNG). It's an absolutely pita of greed and disrespect to players.

The game is riddled with crap like that from the atrocious dye system to the lack of anything resembling a workable auction.

Nice fluff. Nice fluff that is worth playing for short periods. But total garbage underneath unless you're an OCD grind freak and that's enough for you (fair enough :)).

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I don't know why people keep trying to dispute the P2W nature of BDO. It's not as bad as Archeage where you can swipe and face roll 1v10 without knowing what your skills do, but it is still pretty substantial.

Selling things on the market isn't even how you swipe to win. It's spending hundreds of dollars to max out pets, weight, inventory space, permanent value pack (mainly for 30% bonus silver on sales), storage, maids, breeding resets, artisan memory etc. If you buy every advantage you will easily have an income 3x higher, and your advantage will continue to grow as your higher income buys you better gear.

The important thing is that you don't need to "win" to have fun. BDO is a great casual game without spending a fortune. Enjoy it for what it is, but don't deny what it is.
    laxie
  • rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited July 2017
    Another unknown has a bad opinion of the game, that says much.  :D
    maybebakedKyleranErevus
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    this game is worth playing but only because there is limited competition at the present time the badly done rng and dodgy pvp combat and boring grind the same couple of types of mobs for months are a joke is plane and simply a eastern mmo so has all the normal failings.Doesnt help that awakenings dont follow the classes strengths and totally change game play to in most cases something crappier to play but more powerful.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Who are you again?
    Erevus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

Your total posts and your name says much abt your opinion.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited July 2017
    erevus said:

Your total posts and your name says much abt your opinion.
    If it was an opinion about this forum, but i play Black Desert from December 2015, from the first day they opened EU servers, maybe I know a bit more about the game of someone who thinks to know everything after few hours of playing?

[Deleted User]