Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I quit.

GunMetalGasmGunMetalGasm Member UncommonPosts: 15
When I heard about this game it looked stunning. I paid for a founders pack and played for a few months. I quit for the following reasons:

Game became a grind.
No Instances.
World Bosses were way over powered.
No character customization unless you paid for it.
Not a lot of magic items.
The influence system was broken and lame and it took forever sometimes to unlock a quest from a character.
They went P2W.
DarkpigeonPhryGdemami

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    the game looks ridiculous and its painfully obvious to me it would have all those things you mentioned.

I dont mean to pollute this thread but god dammit people it looks like a console arcade street fighter style game for fuck sake!
    PhrypostlarvalGdemamiScotchUpMrMelGibsonViper482

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited July 2017

... and you weren't aware of any of this before starting to play the game?

The above are obvious to anyone who did as little as ten minutes of research before downloading the game.
    Post edited by LacedOpium on
    wingoodDarkpigeonGdemami
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Oh lord, something slightly negative about the flavor of the month.

This is going to become a shitfest thread soon. 
    NephethholdenhamletMrMelGibsonmaybebaked
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    When I heard about this game it looked stunning. I paid for a founders pack and played for a few months. I quit for the following reasons:

Game became a grind.
    No Instances.
    The influence system was broken and lame and it took forever sometimes to unlock a quest from a character.
    They went P2W.
    The problem here is once again, a player doesn't do his/her research.

And you bought a founder's pack without doing research.

Game was always a grind game, was touted as being a grind game from every review to every person who tried it. fault - yours

No instances is a good thing. Now I could say "once again you didn't do your research" but in this case, it might not have come up easily. This type of game, with the few dungeons it has, is more akin to a game like Lineage 2. You might find no instances a negative but to me and others it's a positive. I suppose you could have found this out easily if you actually asked but this is one of those "let the buyer beware" things.

From my experience World Bosses have a bigger issue with lag. Not sure what you are used to from other games you've played.

I think you are referring to what the character wears as it has amazing character customization at creation. You can buy outfits off the Auction House. It's kind of a pain in the neck but this is how they have monetized the game. It's buy to play. Again, you could have asked about the monetization if such things concerned you.

Not sure what you mean by "not a lot of magic items". There are a LOT of magic items. The Market place is filled with them.

Not a quest game. You can get quests from npc's throughout your play and yes, some quests do open up when you work the influence system. I haven't experienced anything broken about it.

pay to win has been argued back and forth so one's mileage may vary.

It just seems that you could have saved your time and money had you asked a few questions. It also begs the question "why are you spending money on a founder's pack when you know nothing of what you are getting into".

I also wonder if you are used to more straight up themepark games over Asian grind games?

wingoodPhryMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It is a life skill/economy simulator with a bit of combat mixed in. 

Gdemami

....bit of combat mixed in

??????????????????????????
    maybebaked

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    BDO isn't good my reason for not playing isn't because I can't afford it but because of XIngCode too intrusive, even if you removed the game from your PC you will have to manually remove the Anti-Cheat it installed without asking you its still hiding there.

But if you want a good game then id suggest you check out.

1.) Elder Scrolls Online
    2.) Dark Fall Online (Full Loot PVP) Better than Albion Online
    3.) FFXIV, Not really my personal favorite don't really think im liking it too much
    4.) The Secret World

Future Games

1.) Crow Fall (Not sure on this one yet)
    2.) Ashes OF Creation
    3.) Maybe Identity Online?
    PhryGdemamiHluillMrMelGibson
    Renoaku said:
    BDO isn't good my reason for not playing isn't because I can't afford it but because of XIngCode too intrusive, even if you removed the game from your PC you will have to manually remove the Anti-Cheat it installed without asking you its still hiding there.

1.) Elder Scrolls Online
    3.) FFXIV, Not really my personal favorite don't really think im liking it too much
    4.) The Secret World

Future Games

2.) Ashes OF Creation
    I would say:

Current:
    1. Life is Fudeul
    2. Wurm Online

Future:
    1. Dual Universe

(anyway side note just felt like chiming in 

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Korean P2W Grinder ends up as Korean P2W Grinder, more at eleven! Back to you Bob.
    DarkpigeonHluilllaxie
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Renoaku said:

1.) Elder Scrolls Online
    4.) The Secret World

Future Games

2.) Ashes OF Creation
    I would say:

Current:
    1. Life is Fudeul
    2. Wurm Online

Future:
    1. Dual Universe

(anyway side note just felt like chiming in 
    Yeah I looked at life is Feudal too, but I don't hear much about it and after my bad experience with Albion Online, I don't feel like jumping on the boat with $100+ Founders Package just to try the game, hopefully they will offer a trial in the future, but I am pretty much done backing any Indie games now on Kickstarter after I have seen what bad experience I have had with Albion Online, I would never back anymore games created outside the U.S because its too hard to know who to trust in making a good game anymore, or companies that are going to lie about things rather pisses me off to lose $100 to a bad company, not that its a big loss its the concept of putting money into any online game and then seeing it turn into garbage or be garbage.

Life is Feudal IDK, I know I purchased the steam Edition, and it sucked, so I am not sure about buying the MMO Version.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I like the game.... mostly.  In fact, I like a lot of it.  Crafting, Farming, Housing, and more.  The hardest thing for me is how busy it is.  If you could turn off some of the stuff, reduce the grass and a lot of the clutter, I'd have a much easier time.
    [Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

• GavyneGavyne Member UncommonPosts: 116
    They do a pretty good job sucking you in.  For a lot of people BDO is probably enjoyable and quite overwhelming (in a good way) from lvl 1-56.  People start to have more complaints once they get into the 50's especially when they hit that wall at lvl 56.  Then the harsh grind kicks in, the heavy RNG the whole game is based on kicks up a notch.  This is when a lot of people get frustrated, quit, or reroll.

Leveling becomes going to the same two hotspots to grind forever.  Combat becomes RNG based, endgame gearing & enhancement system is completely RNG based.  Even when you want to buy things on the auction house, yes you also need luck to buy things off the market.  

When leveling up you thought wow, how cool it would be to get into endgame and do node wars, castle sieges, and group pvp.  Once you get there, if you can get lucky with gearing up, you may get to see some of it.  Sadly for most PvP is but a game of desyncs, extreme lag, player warping, and ability misfires.

Still I would recommend the 1-56 game to anyone.  Combat is fun, and there are a lot of "side things" to do & see.  Just.. if you don't want to hate the game, avoid the endgame.

holdenhamletApocalypticae

Played: EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-LOTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO-BDO
    Waiting For: CU & Vanilla WoW

SEANMCAD said:

Level 1-56 = 1 shot kill everything thanks to OP quest rewards, not even worthy of being mentioned

56+= Grind forever on the same open world mobs, zzzzzzzzzzzzz

All the best gameplay is non-combat.

maybebaked
  • rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I play Black Desert since beta 1, i never regret it, 100 euro pre order, me and guildies decided to quit our old game, is frustrating and you feel lost the first months cause so many things you can do but it gets really fun once you learn the game.
    ste2000
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited July 2017
    "Game became a grind."
    -The game has always been a Grind, it didn't became. Personally I find BDO grind rather fun, but I understand why some people hate it.

"No Instances."
    -A game don't need instances to be fun, though in this game they might help as the World Bosses are laggy as fuck.

"World Bosses were way over powered."
    -True, this is the worst BDO feature and need to be fixed. The problem is not that they are overpowered but the constant Lag that makes it difficult to avoid being hit.

"No character customization unless you paid for it."
    -Not true. Grind Mobs, make Gold and buy it on the AH...problem solved.

"Not a lot of magic items."
    -Wut?

"The influence system was broken and lame and it took forever sometimes to unlock a quest from a character. "
    -It's called Amity and it is not broken, learn how to play it.

"They went P2W."
    -The Cash Shop never changed since launch, and it's not P2W. Read the other 100s of threads that discuss this issue, can't be bothered to explain it once again.

Bottom line is BDO is like Marmite, either you love it or hate it, I absolutely love it.
    Either way you only needed to read a couple of threads on this Forum to learn that this game wasn't for you.

Phryrena_ryugu[Deleted User]

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited July 2017

Level 1-56 = 1 shot kill everything thanks to OP quest rewards, not even worthy of being mentioned
    I honestly find BDO combat really fun, it's what makes grinding bearable.
    Though I respect different opinions, I don't know how people can say that Combat in BDO is bad or boring.
    Maybe you don't know how to Combo or the best Rotations, or maybe you have really bad Gear.
    It so reminds me of Diablo, good old Hack'n Slash.
    How can it be boring?

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     I always say " Friends don't let friends Korean game".
    KyleranThorkunemaybebaked
    ste2000 said:

I honestly find BDO combat really fun, it's what makes grinding bearable.
    Though I respect different opinions, I don't know how people can say that Combat in BDO is bad or boring.
    Maybe you don't know how to Combo or the best Rotations, or maybe you have really bad Gear.
    It so reminds me of Diablo, good old Hack'n Slash.
    How can it be boring?

The combat itself isn't bad, it's the lame activities you do with it.  Literally killing the same mobs until a new patch comes out, and even then sometimes the grind spots don't change.

So, unless you are into the life skills thing, it's pretty shallow which puts me to sleep.  At least in Diablo mobs are constantly changing/switching up resistances, etc. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2017
    I quit playing , cause the game is just to dam easy , got to lvl 52 and did not die a single time , i dont even think i got close to dieing ,and this was hunting red and even puprle mobs , Always hunting a few lvls over my Lvl ... The game PVE lacked any challenge for me at all ...And the Purple con mobs were just annoying to fight as the TTK was ridiculous cause of the misses ..
    MrMelGibson
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Game became a grind.
    No Instances.
    They went P2W.

It's an Asian mmo..... Their all cash shop grinders, always have been always will be !  Not sure if your new to mmos, but you should have known ! 

I guess I could understand when it was $5 and now $7 but come on....... founders pack ?....... This makes it your fault, and you alone.

• rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Maybe he tough to play a card game D: we don't know, i think ppls who complain are just a small % but they blahblhablah  alot on forum and everywere but their relevance is 0.
    I find strange too that a game on top of all rankings /charts 2016 /2017 is "the flavor of the month", but ok.
    KyleranMikeha
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

What he's describing is the ideal way to play the game.  The vast majority of the people on this board that like the game do it for the economy/lifeskills, and they do some combat on the side.

Even though the combat is action combat, it's solo-based, which becomes monotonous, especially when there's only 2 grind spots worth farming in.  No group content worth doing means it's always just gonna be you, grinding away at an infinite hoard of mobs.  PVP is meant to be group focused, but it's a lagfest and the rewards are not worth the time compared to just solo-grinding

Personally, I wish I realized this going in.  Maybe I would not have burned myself out getting to 58 for no reason whatsoever (since there is no end-game).  Nobody can deny that the lifeskill system is very extensive and intricate.  If you make it your main focus, you can probably have a good time (many here seem to), as long as you're into that kind of thing.
    SEANMCAD said:

What he's describing is the ideal way to play the game.  The vast majority of the people on this board that like the game do it for the economy/lifeskills, and they do some combat on the side.

Even though the combat is action combat, it's solo-based, which becomes monotonous, especially when there's only 2 grind spots worth farming in.  No group content worth doing means it's always just gonna be you, grinding away at an infinite hoard of mobs.  PVP is meant to be group focused, but it's a lagfest and the rewards are not worth the time compared to just solo-grinding

Personally, I wish I realized this going in.  Maybe I would not have burned myself out getting to 58 for no reason whatsoever (since there is no end-game).  Nobody can deny that the lifeskill system is very extensive and intricate.  If you make it your main focus, you can probably have a good time (many here seem to), as long as you're into that kind of thing.

Yep. 
  • Siegecraft.orgSiegecraft.org Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Is this an Asian MMORPG and from an asian country/ developer?
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Rusque said:
    Korean P2W Grinder ends up as Korean P2W Grinder, more at eleven! Back to you Bob.
    luv it