Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO - Life as a farmer?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
This may be a ridiculous question, but, can you have a intricate and rewarding gameplay experience in BDO just playing as a peaceful farmer?  Is the farming anywhere as detailed as Archeage?  Is there a player market for farm goods?  Thanks for any info!

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I would go watch some videos ... Its not what you think
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Blah.  OK, thanks guys.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited July 2017
    DMKano said:
    It's not as detailed as ArcheAge - most players farm in BDO as a way of getting sharps/hard black crystals (late game enchant stones) and not for actual crops.

Here - read this thread:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/98091-guide-to-producing-consistent-sharp-and-hard-black-crystal-shards/

It has to do with fixing plants - to give you an idea how damn tedious this is:

" I have 10 fences down. started like a week ago. If i count only the time prunning and killing insect i would say i spend like 45min a day on fixing plants. Come home after work, replant farms which takes like 20 min. Come back after every 45 min - 1hour and fix farms. this gives me about 4 rounds a day.  In between i just do other stuff. On average i think im at like 3 shards a day. Atm i have 12 weapon and 8 armor shards in my bank.

If i would have ALL DAY to do a round every 45min-1h im pretty sure i would be able to get almost 10 shards a day, even more so if i had like 13 fences down."

....lol.  This is hilarious to read out of context.

Although it does wonder if there should be a rule of thumb for developers.  "If someone wrote a guide to a section of the game, and then someone else not knowledgeable about the game were to take a few paragraphs from it and read it out of context and it just sounds BIZARRE, maybe the developer should reconsider some aspects of that section of the game."