Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBox One Launch Day Arrives - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageXBox One Launch Day Arrives - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMORPG.com

Marvel Heroes Omega News - XBox One players can finally get their hands on Marvel Heroes Omega. Anyone who purchased a Founder's Pack will receive Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Costume. These Founder's Packs go on sale today to celebrate the launch. In addition, XBox Live Gold Members can get Daredevil unlocked from the Marketplace.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Looks like one of the billions of games on mobile devices.
  • pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    correction, one must buy ALL FIVE of those packs to get storm fist and the costume. stupid, right? lulz but I bet lots of rich kids bought them.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    They've also stopped selling costumes directly on the console.  You have to gamble with lootboxes and pray your RNG is good.  They are super predatory with their console release and frankly it's not a great game.  Their CEO is completely clueless about the genre and is wasting teh investors money.

As far as I can tell they didn't invest much of anything into advertising and promotion either.  Mobile level cash shop + mediocre ARPG on console = Dead on arrival.

JeroKaneRadooPhry
  • ThaosenThaosen Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited July 2017
    I used to enjoy this game so much on PC, but since their update which I only recall as their "biggest update ever", it seems to be going downhill fun-wise (for my taste at least).

I logged back on yesterday coincidentally to see what the game had to offer now since it's been a few months, only to realise that almost nothing has changed. The unique items which were supposed to be gone were still there, the omega items were still "upcoming" and the game content like new raids seemed to be completely abandoned.

I hope their console version was worth it and allows them to somehow start working on adding new stuff...
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    iv'e been playing on ps4 for over a week and there are alot of people playing. its not bad for a game you dont have to pay for.
  • GorkosGorkos Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I played MH from 2013 until early this year, the BUE (Biggest Update Ever) and the console launch ruined it for me. They don't care about us PC players anymore, we are the tester lab rats for their console stuff. I quit 3 months ago, will not go back. It breaks my heart to see this game dying but it was expected after Brevik left. MH was a fun game with tons of improvements back in 2015 but it went downhill after the lack of content in 2016 and especially after BUE.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Used to love this game and then their big update hit, havent touched it since.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Moodsor said:

Used to love this game and then their big update hit, havent touched it since.

Same here. It's pretty much dead on PC and will probably face the same fate on consoles within a year or two.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• QingPinQingPin Member UncommonPosts: 3
    The whole costumes in loot boxes turned me off. I deleted it immediately afterwards.
    ManWithNoTan
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2017
    Before modern mmorpgs started being ported to the current generation of consoles MH was the first mmo i wanted to play on PS4. Now that they finally brought it to consoles they are doing it all wrong.

Locking costumes behind gambling boxes is a major disappointment. On PC i would choose the skin and pay for it, simple as that.

Also, Spider Gwen is a #$%^ skin for spiderman? really? /facepalm Was looking forward to purchasing her as a character, not a flipping skin for a character i dont care about, just to make people pay twice /sigh.

In addition, on PC Ms. Marvel had the black skin as her default when i bought her. Now on PS4, now called Captain Marvel, the black costume is not available?

Gazillion is screwing this game royally.

Seriously, the mmo i wanted the most on console is becoming the mmo i want nothing to do with, and makes me feel like not supporting them monetarily at all.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on
    Phry

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    The game isn't bad.. but the people running it are.  I should have warned others before, but its been pretty bad and I've withheld some of their shady business practices.

Take the "marvelous loot boxes" for instance.  They weren't implemented at the beginning of the game, but as open beta hit they implemented them.  Since their introduction they've changed them several times.

Here's the thing though... at the beginning they dropped characters on the marvelous loot vendor that would cost.. say 100 marvelous essence, but they only gave you 4 essence per box, period. 

That means you'd be spending 50 dollars for a costume of your choice from that vendor -- take note that you could still purchase the regular costumes with G's for about 10 dollars per costume, only special costumes were in the marvelous loot boxes, and able to be purchased from the vendor.

A couple weeks after they changed it to where you can get 10, 15 or 20 marvelous essence along with the 4 you already get per box, making it so that you have a greater chance to get more essence and get those characters.  Sounds great right?  Unfortunately there was no compensation for the players who bought and tested those in open beta, and while it caused backlash, overall it was fine, because at least that was decided that this was the plan going forward.

Then, they ran a special...  for 4000 G's (the currency they use to buy marvelous loot boxes - 40 dollars) you get 25 boxes (a 50 dollar value).  Plenty of people bought them thinking this was the best deal they were going to get...    and then... not even a week after that .. NOT EVEN A WEEK - they changed the boxes again...  More potential increases to marvelous essence,  more costumes....   

This brought up a big ethical dilemma,  they knew that there would be changes to the boxes the following week yet they not only ran a sale, but it began and ended  the week prior to the changes presumably to bilk those that bought boxes out of more money when they found out that the boxes had increased drop rates with the next set of changes.

These changes were all within about a month of open beta.  

Not to mention they've implemented several changes to characters without mentioning what those changes were exactly in the patch notes (the changes happened upon patch, yet they ninja nerfed the characters and wouldn't even acknowledge the changes on the forums).

As for patches in general, the past couple patches have actually made things worse,  performance has tanked drastically when they've said they were making "improvements".  The Bug Forum is quite full of known issues for the last 3 patch cycles, but the most recent patch didn't acknowledge or fix any of them, and instead implemented "improvements" that completely ruined general play for dozens of characters and decreased performance in the most heavily populated areas.  

They also haven't even mentioned when items plan on getting fixed...  and the Xbox version is even BEHIND the PS4 version in terms of the patch cycle - yet - they are ahead of PS4 in stat tooltips.. meaning that they haven't even created a uniform console version.

The game is just poorly managed. They pushed consoles for the money.. they stopped caring about the PC version long ago, and they didn't even bother beta testing the XB1 version at all and it has a TON of problems.

The game is good..  the basic principles are good, the characters although way out of balance are fun to play...  but the company....  the company is terrible.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I tried the beta and it bored me for the same reason D3 did, no impactful combat. You sit there and use these big flashy skills but the enemies literally just stand there and eat it.

For a tab-target standard mmo that's expected but for something with action combat I expect more to make up for the fact that you have far fewer skills to manage.

In short, it feels like you're hitting a training dummy in most other games.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I tried the beta and it bored me for the same reason D3 did, no impactful combat. You sit there and use these big flashy skills but the enemies literally just stand there and eat it.

For a tab-target standard mmo that's expected but for something with action combat I expect more to make up for the fact that you have far fewer skills to manage.

Pretty much what you're going to get until you get to the Cosmic difficulty.  Most people actually consider the cosmic trial "too hard".  

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Pretty much what you're going to get until you get to the Cosmic difficulty.  Most people actually consider the cosmic trial "too hard".  

I think it's just preference because in no other mmo do you get the "impact" of hits, otherwise bosses would be stun-locked and ez pz, for some reason I just notice it/feel it more in the Diablo type games.
  • Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    edited July 2017
    removed