Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice changes coming next patch (July 5th)

Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
edited June 2017 in Secret World Legends
There's some nice changes on their way, covered on today's Funcom stream. Some adjustments to patron as well like 20% more MoF each day, double AP & SP along with a few other things. Some nice overall gameplay changes too; unlocking weapons will cost a lot less MoF, and it'll unlock both actives and passives, cost of the sprint upgrade have been dramatically reduced. Dungeon drop chance for actual items has been improved, and the first dungeon of the day is guaranteed to give you one weapon. :D

A much more complete overview by someone on Reddit: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6khghs/livestream_stuff_so_far_just_dumping_my_notes/

• patch next week -- addressing changes, patch 5th July FIRST CONTENT PATCH
  • ARG -- 5th July Wednesday, e-mail, code to account, after patch -- summon a revenant, giving it a suffix

-- Of Energy, chance to give extra energy -- Of Havoc, increase critical damage/healing -- Destruction, extra damage close to dying -- Efficiency, reduce cooldown Elite abilities -- Restoration, leech heal max hp -- Alacrity, increase movespeed in combat -- Recovery, increase incoming healing -- Warding, increase Protection while wielded

• Elite Dungeons

-- Activity Finder, Elite -- All Elite Dungeons -- Elite 1: Trinity: tank, heal, 3 dps, level 50 -- Extraordinary Drop, Distillates -- Different weapons in each difficulty -- 10 Difficulties, All available on Patch (Elite 1-10) -- Choose difficulty, not dungeon?

• UPDATES

-- Weapon unlock: unlock both weapon/passive, reduce cost for third weapon

-- Increase base inventory from 25 to 35 RETROACTIVE, will get extra slot -- If already at cap, get extra slots

-- Increase AP/SP at 50

• Dungeons

-- Higher Extraordinary gear drop rate -- Guranteed Extraordinary weapon per day through dungeon mission -- XP rewards for repeat dungeon

-- Reduce cost of Sprint 2 (other sprints) -- No MoF cost to add glyph/signet to item

• Trading

-- Anybody can trade at level 15, Patrons any level

• PATRONAGE UPDATE:

"Not good enough value for Patronage"

-- Increased Mark of Favor per day (25% extra per challenge) -- 20% MoF daily cap -- Double AP/SP gain -- Free teleport from/to zones

• DOWNTIME COMPENSATION

-- 25 AP/SP --10,000 Marks of Favor -- 4000 Anima Shards -- 1 Blue Talisman Fusion Booster (to fuse a blue weapon) -- Must have had an account before downtime -- Soon(tm)

• QUALITY OF LIFE

-- Patch Notes coming this weekend (hopefully), Infernal Vibrations fixed, clothing items fixed

• PLAN MOVING FORWARD

-- "Next three months" roadmap coming soon, next week?

• Q & A

-- SEASON TWO INFO NEXT WEEK GET HYPE (all of Tokyo coming soon(tm), NEW DUNGEONS)

-- Naming filter still too aggressive: being cleaned up for characters/cabal

-- Leftover Funcom points converted to Aurum (info soon)

-- Gear/Deck Manager "in the pipeline, important part, cool plans, easier to use" (info soon(tm)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Post edited by Azaron_Nightblade on
[Deleted User]Dragnelussumdumguy1MrMelGibson

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2017
    Looks good! 

Guranteed Extraordinary weapon per day through dungeon mission -- XP rewards for repeat dungeon

If the xp is decent I dont mind farming dungeons!
    [Deleted User]sumdumguy1MrMelGibson

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This "relaunch" reminds me of when Firefall went into "We'll do it live!" mode.

Of course the obvious follow up was "F#%&ing thing SUCKS!".

http://www.firefall.com/news/firefall-and-its-future

The Secret World was already a good game, minus aesthetic woes and some bugs/quirks. It didn't require retarding down dungeons and the combat wheel. Refinement maybe.

I don't know why folks continue to shine-up this genetic deformity and put ribbons on it like it's a brand new game, as if TSW didn't exist previously. The truth is, it WILL end up in the same pile of garbage Firefail is in right now because once again people treat the honeymoon period and new player temp-happiness as some gauge to discredit people who actually invested time and energy into the previous iteration.

See you in a few months. 
    simmihi
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited July 2017
    It's not a new game, that's for sure, but it's an old game that actually has a lot of work put into it and some money as well. It's a fun game, and SWL is better than what most were expecting.. unless you expecting a miracle like ffxiv.
    MrMelGibson
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    What I like is many of these changes were requested by the player base.  They requested many of these changes and Funcom listened.  My biggest question now is whether I reroll some of my characters.  This is a good thing and most players are really happy about these changes.  I know many patrons are very happy.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    This "relaunch" reminds me of when Firefall went into "We'll do it live!" mode.

Of course the obvious follow up was "F#%&ing thing SUCKS!".

http://www.firefall.com/news/firefall-and-its-future

The Secret World was already a good game, minus aesthetic woes and some bugs/quirks. It didn't require retarding down dungeons and the combat wheel. Refinement maybe.

I don't know why folks continue to shine-up this genetic deformity and put ribbons on it like it's a brand new game, as if TSW didn't exist previously. The truth is, it WILL end up in the same pile of garbage Firefail is in right now because once again people treat the honeymoon period and new player temp-happiness as some gauge to discredit people who actually invested time and energy into the previous iteration.

See you in a few months. 
    I can't see where anyone in this thread said ti was a new game...they are speaking of the most recent iteration of the game, however, no one mentioned it being new...well except you.

At any rate, I do agree the game in its original state just needed refinement and it would have been just fine.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Too late they had their chance, uninstalled and won't be back, You can't slap people with the outrageous blatant criminal greed they hit people with then suddenly be like ok all the whales are pissed and quitting so we will be reasonable now. So what just fuck the people who paid $20 each for epic fusions, now that we are changing the price? Yes so screw Funcom hope they all choke to death on their own disgusting greed.
    DerpangedDragnelusMrMelGibsonAzaron_NightbladeExcessionsumdumguy1
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Good changes that will allow for a wider audience to enjoy at a casual rate. Hopefully once more of these old issues are fixed they can get the ball rolling on new content. 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

See you in a few months. 
    Secret World Legends fixed the combat which was the biggest factor keeping people away from The Secret World.

The other changes were to ease people into the game at the early levels.

Perhaps if their first relaunch was this instead of that horrible Buy to Play crap then maybe Secret World would be another MMO relaunch success story like FF14.
    Azaron_Nightbladesimmihi
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    psiic said:
    Too late they had their chance, uninstalled and won't be back, You can't slap people with the outrageous blatant criminal greed they hit people with then suddenly be like ok all the whales are pissed and quitting so we will be reasonable now. So what just fuck the people who paid $20 each for epic fusions, now that we are changing the price? Yes so screw Funcom hope they all choke to death on their own disgusting greed.
    If anyone paid $20 per fusion it was their own impatience which did them in, Funcom charges what the market will bear and they've decided a lower price is now in order.

DerpangedMrMelGibsonAzaron_NightbladeExcessionsumdumguy1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Kyleran said:
    psiic said:
    If anyone paid $20 per fusion it was their own impatience which did them in, Funcom charges what the market will bear and they've decided a lower price is now in order.

Agreed. For what its worth I also jumped the boat and spent $20 on two character slots thinking we could only get one.  They gave us two more and now I have 5.  I could have gotten pissed at them but why?  I made the choice to do what I did.  Its not Funcom's fault for my choices, no one forced me to do it and letting my ego get in the way would have prevented me from playing a game I truly enjoy.
    [Deleted User]