Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Batarian Spotted in 'Prepare for Platinum' Teaser - Mass Effect: Andromeda Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageBatarian Spotted in 'Prepare for Platinum' Teaser - Mass Effect: Andromeda Videos - MMORPG.com

Bioware has sent out a new trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda and multiplayer. Platinum difficulty will be added soon according to the video, but what is most interesting is that it closes with a Batarian, a race that was not present at all in the single player campaign.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited July 2017
    Oh god so the rumor is probably true. No SP updates just useless MP crap. Who the fuck plays a Mass Effect game for the MP?

SBFordConstantineMerusOctagon7711GorweMrMelGibson

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    damned if you dp damned if you dont you know every one bitched about dlc content for pretty much all of bioware's games and they dont put any out people bitch more lol. Just consider it a strike why should they put anything out for a ungreatful lot eitherway only people that suffer in the long run is bioware because it would earn them money. we dont lose out on anything except bein self entitled jerks.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They probably know there's more money in multi because of the micro-transactions. Single players don't like micro-transactions in their games. Unless it's a mobile game it seems.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

bartoni33 said:

Oh god so the rumor is probably true. No SP updates just useless MP crap. Who the fuck plays a Mass Effect game for the MP?

Doesn't follow.

The update indicates that people have been working on the game and - maybe - they will move on to doing a SP update.

DLC specifically will depend on whether EA feel they will make money and/or drive the brand. This MP update may bring more people in etc.

So way to early to draw such a conclusion imo.
  • WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

rammur65 said:

damned if you dp damned if you dont you know every one bitched about dlc content for pretty much all of bioware's games and they dont put any out people bitch more lol. Just consider it a strike why should they put anything out for a ungreatful lot eitherway only people that suffer in the long run is bioware because it would earn them money. we dont lose out on anything except bein self entitled jerks.

I have play all ME and also play MEA sure MEA have problem but still i play and in hole i enjoy it and honest i would really pay more money for more DLC content then the MP shit and honest i really dispoint in BioWare and EA for total chicking out on MEA and the cant be man about it and acknowledge the frack up and instead of try to fix game by make more DLC the send out MP update for the think that what we want when god damn whole internet is wonder WTF why not gave us DLC and dont even get me start on god damn Anthem shit
    bartoni33
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    People here dont seem to realize ME3 multiplayer had a loyal and active playerbase for a long time. Its logical Andromeda is trying to recreate the magic that happened 4 years ago.
    MrMelGibsonKickaxe
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    never heard bantering SP fans before
    interesting
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

bartoni33 said:

The MP is actually pretty solid.
    MrMelGibson
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Prior to launching BF3, SW BF and The Sims 4 say EA had announced plans for DLC. They didn't say anything about ME:A however so - possibly - to much might be being read into the lack of any DLC.

That said they also didn't say much about ME:A in their May quarterly results beyond their commitment to making Mass Effect: Andromeda better. To be fair however their were other major titles they didn't say much about either. If it had been a huge hit I think it would be reasonable to assume they would have given it a call out; on the other hand I think there would have been questions if it had been a huge fail. So maybe the suggestions of a million plus sales were right; the times when 1M+ used to be a big thing are no more however.

So what lies ahead?

The MP is a sign that work continues. And updates / fixes have been implemented.

The game itself has been built in EA's Frostbite engine - which means that people in studios other than Montreal could be drafted in to do the heavy lifting if - if - EA decide to push ahead with "another chapter".

Will they? A "decent sized" DLC or two could be used to drive a "re-launch"; the original now with multi-player plus the all new adventure. Wouldn't be the first time this has been done; its a proven approach and one that can work. It will depend on costs, potential return, what other titles EA have in the pipeline. And maybe whether EA want to "preserve" the Mass Effect brand - think Square E with FF and Zen with ES. If a brand - which has value - is at stake companies will go the extra mile; is ME a big enough brand however? Well there still is - or at least has been - a (small?) team working on the game.

Which is why I think it is to early to say there will be no DLC. ME:A didn't crash and burn but nor did it set the world on fire.

I think a decision has been put on hold; delayed whilst work is done on fixing the shortfalls. After that there will be the hard question: is it worth spending more money; what is the potential (financial) return?
    SBFordMrMelGibsonbartoni33
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Xarko said:

People here dont seem to realize ME3 multiplayer had a loyal and active playerbase for a long time. Its logical Andromeda is trying to recreate the magic that happened 4 years ago.

LOL! And why was that you think? Maybe, just maybe because everyone (especially in the first 5-6 months or so before that "specific" patch) was forced to do Multiplayer to get a favorable ending. /facepalm
    SBFordXarko[Deleted User]
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

BizkitNL said:

bartoni33 said:

The MP is actually pretty solid.

Meh. I've played a few matches, all of them ended in failure somehow. They seemed to be timed or something. I was not impressed.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    JeroKane said:

Xarko said:

LOL! And why was that you think? Maybe, just maybe because everyone (especially in the first 5-6 months or so before that "specific" patch) was forced to do Multiplayer to get a favorable ending. /facepalm
    nope
    JeroKane
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

gervaise1 said:

bartoni33 said:

Doesn't follow.

The update indicates that people have been working on the game and - maybe - they will move on to doing a SP update.

DLC specifically will depend on whether EA feel they will make money and/or drive the brand. This MP update may bring more people in etc.

So way to early to draw such a conclusion imo.

Bioware has only a skeleton crew at their Montreal offices (were the bulk of ME:A was made. And announced that they maintain a team for multiplayer balancing, bug fixing, and to finish planned multiplayer DLC packs. This very site reported on the dev team reassignments and nearly-shuttered Montreal office. There's no actual work being done for the game at this point. Only a small team adding finishing touches to MP DLC.
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Xarko said:
    I gotta back Xarko up on this. ME3 MP was quite active right up until Andromeda's release, if not afterward too (I haven't played since then so can't say for sure).