Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online - Fresh Review

2»

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    The thing is, the Game wants to be everything, but in the end mostly everything is a medicore tradeoff.

Worst decision they have done is "Wanting to be a truely cross plattform game" - which by the way. no  ARPG game has ever achieved yet, beside card games. This led to those "simplistic features" in nearly every aspect, e.g.
    • below average UX / UI
    • below average combat
    • below average gaphics

I for myself saw improvement over the last year or so, but if you ask me "What was your takeaway experience" it would be:
    • Grind Driven
    • No Learning Curve as Solo player - so no real Skill involved (nothing to master)
    • Group PvP might involve at least some setup / tactic
    • mostly ruled by big  Alliances / Zergs (e.g. Russians seem to dig it) - that will most likely cockblock you as small guild to progress further into the game
    For me it would end like

Pros
     Freedom of doing what you like
     Feeling of Progress through Grind
     Player and Guild Islands
     Player Driven Economy

Cons
     Cross Plattform Tradeoffs  (UX, Graphics)
     Pay to Progress Faster System (lightweight P2W)
     Boring sometimes since Loot is mostly Silver, no surprises
     Combat is very trivial
    "Worst decision they have done is 'Wanting to be a truely cross plattform game' - which by the way. no  ARPG game has ever achieved yet, beside card games."

@butchogrande you're about six years behind the times with that claim.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    thank you, i am not buying it.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited July 2017
    Torval said:
    Texas7 said:
    They ruined the game by adding PvE gear drops. Basically, they screwed up the economy, gathering and the whole sandbox system. Now it is just a WoW clone playable on mobile devices.
    Where does pve gear drop?
    A stupid statement from someone who has no idea what they actually implemented.

(Not you. the person you responded to.)

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Having some fun with it.  Looking forward to launch day.  
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I'm getting more and more pleased by my decision to wait this one out. I saw some of the writing on the wall a while back when I asked about and interacted with the typical community of players.

Open world, PVP games need to be tempered by a player base that's there to actually play the game and a dev team eager to add content to both sides of the PvP table. The AO community just struck me as childish and immature and the dev team only seemed to fan the flames with their some of their new content, lack of other content and overall responses to the PvP system in place/planned.