Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: No Single-Player DLC for MEA - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRumor: No Single-Player DLC for MEA - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda News - Kotaku is reporting that several sources within BioWare have confirmed that there will be no single-player DLC for Mass Effect: Andromeda. After lukewarm reviews when the game first came out, it appears that much of the staff that had worked on the game has been moved to other studios and projects. This leaves a "skeleton crew" that is working on basic patches and multiplayer DLC with no one left over for any type of single-player content, according to sources.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    BioWare...How have the mighty fallen so far.
    alkarionlogbartoni33LucienRenemrputts
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Well I had such high hopes for MEA, I really did I thought they learned their lesson with DAI and improved upon it, Instead we got on rails game with a dead galaxy, hell even ME2 felt more alive than this.
    bartoni33
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Not really surprised, but very sad. It definitely cuts my "enthusiasm" for Anthem, however, as I feel as if they ditched the Mass Effect series in favor of it. 

BW used to be about single player game that had multiplayer tacked on. Now, like all of the "big player publishers", it's all about multiplayer with maybe a bit of single player content.

All I can say is that it feels bad.
    Distopiabartoni33tannim78MrMelGibsonOctagon7711[Deleted User]WellspringCazrielhupaAlomarand 5 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

SBFord said:

Not really surprised, but very sad. It definitely cuts my "enthusiasm" for Anthem, however, as I feel as if they ditched the Mass Effect series in favor of it. 

BW used to be about single player game that had multiplayer tacked on. Now, like all of the "big player publishers", it's all about multiplayer with maybe a bit of single player content.

All I can say is that it feels bad.

Sadly they need to keep up with the "trend" and as we all know multiplayer pvp or co-op is where it is right now. I am saddened by the news but its not completely unseen.
    SBFordbartoni33

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• handheldhandheld Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Bioware squashed this rumor the other day didn't they?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    you say it like DAI multiplayer was good, ME3 mp was ok nothing that good plus there is around already too many games who do it better so I serious don't see the point.

for MEA, not suprised and since ME2 I stoped expecting too much from Bioware things don't really look surprising, only thing really piss me of is they still get money for this, well i'm also part of the probem on this case I bought both ME3 and DAI, just to finish the trilogy, didn't bother with any dlc though
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    handheld said:
    Bioware squashed this rumor the other day didn't they?
    As the title said, it's a "rumor", though Kotaku has three independent sources inside BioWare that confirmed that there isn't any DLC coming. As for an official response, there hasn't been one, though Kotaku reached out to the company multiple times over the past couple weeks to confirm or deny what their anonymous sources had said.
    bartoni33MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    The lack of a Season Pass before launch seems prophetic now, although they have never done that before.

I will have to say this: If they just cut and run on MEA then they will have practically killed any thought of a trilogy like the last ME was. Even I as someone who have forgiven them for both the shitty ending to ME3 and the horribad fuckery that was DAI as a whole, will not even think about purchasing another installment of ME in the future.
    Octagon7711

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    bartoni33 said:
    The lack of a Season Pass before launch seems prophetic now, although they have never done that before.
    Yeah it's like they knew what the reception was going to be and didn't saw point into planning ahead with DLC with a season pass. Now it's all about the shiny Anthem.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Definitely disappointing, at least for those of us who liked the game, the potential for expansion was there. As well as somewhat needed. 

Guess I'll continue to wait for that expansive space RPG. 

bartoni33IselinMrMelGibson

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107

Maurgrim said:

Well I had such high hopes for MEA, I really did I thought they learned their lesson with DAI and improved upon it, Instead we got on rails game with a dead galaxy, hell even ME2 felt more alive than this.

dunno what lesson they needed to learn dai was great and had great reviews unlike mea what happened is casey hudson left or got let go half way through this title and after that they just released it as is.
    bartoni33alkarionlogMaurgrim
  • tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    ...Yeah bioware.....has finally sunk itself...This was their last shot for my dollar....
    bartoni33AlomarJeffSpicoli
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    tannim78 said:
    ...Yeah bioware.....has finally sunk itself...This was their last shot for my dollar....
    Bioware today is a fun story, it's team 1 and team 2, one of them is meh and now it shows that's where ME:A felt.

Now we saw Anthem at E3 and it shows where their focus has been.
    Octagon7711alkarionlog
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    rammur65 said:

Maurgrim said:

dunno what lesson they needed to learn dai was great
    I stopped reading and started laughing there. :D

@Maurgrim I think the millions that DAI raked in kinda overshadowed any lessons that should have been learned from its many shortcomings.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I still want to know who the heck that Benefactor is, and whether he chain-smokes cigarettes.
    Distopiabartoni33LucienRene
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Anonymous sources? Here we go again.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Maybe it's true they aren't making DLC.  Maybe instead they plan on having an expansion like DA:O?  One can hope I guess.
    Distopia[Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I heard there is a DLC coming out.  It involves Commander Shepard and his original team being discovered in stasis.  They will wake them up and he'll find out Andromeda was another plot by the Reapers who manage to survive in another galaxy and are returning, only no one will believe him.  :smiley:

Just kidding: Fake News :wink:
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonAlomarLucienRene

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I sold the game within 3 hours of playing. ME3 was superior in every way.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I sold the game within 3 hours of playing. ME3 was superior in every way.
    Don't doubt it I liked everything up to ME3, but ME2 was better cuz ME3 had the same endings, and didn't buy Andromeda because of DENUVO, nor will I ever legally purchase it.

DLC is just content held back and a way for them to make more money anyways.

They need to just make a Mass Effect Andromeda MMO with stories similar to Warframe but acutal playable missions and stuff within a central hub.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    edited July 2017
    I'm sorry, but if this is true great job on fucking your dedicated fans and people who bought into an already steaming pile of a game. Patches made it tolerable. Lukewarm reviews or not, they're seriously going to cut any and all DLC from the game? After leaving the ONE interesting storyline wide open for you to explore that has to actually do with the main character?

This game deserves every ounce of hate it gets. Review bombs and all, especially if they're abandoning it right out of the gate.
    Post edited by Ridrith on
    bartoni33Alomar
    I like to complain about games.
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    When you try to promote a SJW/PC agenda instead of making a good game, it suffers. Serves Bioware right.

IselinLeetheRidrith[Deleted User]bartoni33ShaighJeffSpicoliKooturinfomatz
    When you try to promote a SJW/PC agenda instead of making a good game, it suffers. Serves Bioware right.

Not true in any way, shape or form. Don't bring that political agenda here please. 

If MEA "failed", it did so through poor management and an overworked, inexperienced team without the proper oversight by the "A" team.
    [Deleted User]Iselin[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonDistopia[Deleted User]bartoni33ste2000JeffSpicolid_20and 4 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    The game had a bad launch, so I think a lot of people, like me, are still waiting to buy the game.

If they abandon the game now and don't continue fixing the game's issues and adding content, those on the fence sales will never happen.
    bartoni33Alomardmbergman
    --------------------------------------------
  • LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Whelp, the news was a hoax apparently, so... yeah. Would love to try the game I think, just for kicks and giggles. Wouldn't pay for it though.
    MrMelGibson