Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3M Players Wreaking Havoc in PvP and PvE - Crossout News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

image3M Players Wreaking Havoc in PvP and PvE - Crossout News

Crossout went public just over a month ago on PC, PlayStation 4 and XBox One. In that time, over three million players have managed to destroy 150M vehicles in PvP and 1.5M Leviathans in PvE. Loot obtained during these battles has been used to create millions of items that can be sold on the in-game market that sees over a million transactions everyday.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I've honestly never heard of this game. Anyone have any experience that they are willing to share?
    MadFrenchiewingoodfrancis_baudKyleranStrizzy12Phry
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I've honestly never heard of this game. Anyone have any experience that they are willing to share?
    Here's our hands on preview from last month:

http://www.mmorpg.com/crossout/previews/hands-on-preview-fuel-packed-and-ammo-laced-1000011732
    MrMelGibsonfrancis_baud

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    It is like a grown up Auto Assault..... Mad Max meets Robocraft....

It is also grindy as all come funk....
    XarkoLeguma11

This have been a good conversation

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

It's made by Gaijin, which is all you need to know about the game.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited June 2017
    -derp, confused Crossfire with Crossout.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    SBFord said:

http://www.mmorpg.com/crossout/previews/hands-on-preview-fuel-packed-and-ammo-laced-1000011732
    Is it free? I might check it out if it is I remember the founders packs but I didn't purchase because the game felt the game restricted customization too much.
    DMKano said:
    MaxBacon said:

Isn't it fun the MMO you don't hear about it's the said most profitable MMO of the entire industry?

I also didn't know it lol

Where exactly are you getting the "most profitable MMO in the entire industry" from?
    Oops sorry, Crossfire not Crossout, too similar lol
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    SBFord said:

Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    Ah its not actually that bad at first look similar to world of tanks will take more time though to know for sure but for a casual game that is...

Now if the game only had "Drivers" and stuff, perhaps similar to Auto Assault?

And hey the game took under 10 minutes to download? edit: Actually the crafting system isn't that bad.
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited June 2017
    Better GFX Robocraft, in a post apocalyptic world... Meet Crossout, the game you want to crossout from your "gotta play" list. You can craft that from your ingame bench which cost gold but dont worry about gold yet.... you can do that but dont worry about ingame gold yet... buy in game gold now!
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Alumicard said:

Better GFX Robocraft, in a post apocalyptic world... Meet Crossout, the game you want to crossout from your "gotta play" list.

You can craft that from your ingame bench which cost gold but dont worry about gold yet.... you can do that but dont worry about ingame gold yet... buy in game gold now!

I mean, I expect them to make money some way. Is it heavily Pay to Win? Or just cash for minor convenience items?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It was pretty bad last year... waited and waited for beta.. around the time I got sick of robo craft (drone/Cully ball). I get in and played one night. Very disappointed in the feel of game play.
    MaxBacon
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    edited June 2017
    The game play is fun but very repetitive, if you buy packs i got powerscore of 8000+(endgame basically) in 2-3 days but nobody to play with there... wait time for a 3 minute game went from 1-5 seconds at low Power Levels to basically 2 to 5 minutes at 8000+, you are waiting more than playing.

The market so far is also dead, i doubt many can make much profit and upgrade stuff without buying things, for example one game might net you 0.6 gold coins or so, but the endgame weapon is 2500+, not to mention other things except the 2 weapons. There is also a limit to how much you can make in a week for every material, so if you want to grind, bad luck.

Still beta will wait and see if it improves.
    KyleranPhry
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

MaxBacon said:

DMKano said:

MaxBacon said:

Isn't it fun the MMO you don't hear about it's the said most profitable MMO of the entire industry?

I also didn't know it lol

Where exactly are you getting the "most profitable MMO in the entire industry" from?

Oops sorry, Crossfire not Crossout, too similar lol

I've never heard of a MMO called Crossfire either. There is a FPSer from 2007, is that what you are referencing?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Alumicard said:

Better GFX Robocraft, in a post apocalyptic world... Meet Crossout, the game you want to crossout from your "gotta play" list.

You can craft that from your ingame bench which cost gold but dont worry about gold yet.... you can do that but dont worry about ingame gold yet... buy in game gold now!

I mean, I expect them to make money some way. Is it heavily Pay to Win? Or just cash for minor convenience items?

It is sort of P2W.... If you want to get to good stuff you need to pay (or grind... like a -00 asian grinder grind.... While getting reaped by people who have better guns.) but nothing is really behind a paywall per se.

But i would suggest getting a mid-tier starter pack if you decide to play it. That way you can bypass a lot of the horrid grind and just be content to do some fun shooting and looting.

This have been a good conversation

Kyleran said:
    I've never heard of a MMO called Crossfire either. There is a FPSer from 2007, is that what you are referencing?
    It's a success case as it profited over 1 billion, however, MO.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    I actually dabble in the game on both Xbox and PC and I quite enjoy it for what it is. However it is grindy as all get out and very repetitive. I got a good couple of weeks of free entertainment from it though.

No signature, I don't have a pen