Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omg.. Loving SWL!

2»

Comments

• RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    lahnmir said:
    Rawyn said:
    Funnest mmo I've played in several years
    Careful! Careful! Do not utter the holiest abbreviation of all when talking about something that does not exactly match that description. They are out there looking, looking for ways to correct you  >:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Haha, very true. 
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Renoaku said:
    Well IDK yet, it improved a lot but there is no way with the User Interface to save custom Loadouts without having to change constantly except text commands, this would be easier if it was able to save load-out, skills, and equipment so its easy to switch as you can learn all skills I believe in the game by either P2A, or grinding.
    Gear manage has no hot key? They should fix that for you then, but maybe they'll allow add-ons later, might help..
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    ookibaka said:
    My biggest gripe so far is that you can't swing melee weapons when there are no targets in range and instead you get flooded with the on screen warning about it.

There's a problem with that. Since there is no auto-attack or freebie attack they would use weapon resources meaning you could deplete your ability to execute weapon skill attacks through missing a hitbox. That would make survival and successful combat encounters magnitudes harder.
    My only complaint about the combat, and it's a minor one, is the ability queuing. Whenever I'm AOEing down a pack of mobs with my sword I always end up doing 1 or 2 extra swings after they're dead. It just looks silly but like I said, no biggie.

I'm using elemental/chaos and the chain lightning skill does the same thing. Most of my skills do but I usually know when a mobs going to die single target so I don't overload Mjolnir (ST dps skill) as often. I agree it's not a huge deal, but it's silly and annoying and something that should get polish at some point.
    I've gone back to my Magus and started appreciating him a bit more now that I have Mjolnir. I'm still not sold on Chaos as secondary and might just equip a sword there instead... sort of like a reverse assassin... a Nissassa? :)
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    ookibaka said:
    My biggest gripe so far is that you can't swing melee weapons when there are no targets in range and instead you get flooded with the on screen warning about it.

There's a problem with that. Since there is no auto-attack or freebie attack they would use weapon resources meaning you could deplete your ability to execute weapon skill attacks through missing a hitbox. That would make survival and successful combat encounters magnitudes harder.
    My only complaint about the combat, and it's a minor one, is the ability queuing. Whenever I'm AOEing down a pack of mobs with my sword I always end up doing 1 or 2 extra swings after they're dead. It just looks silly but like I said, no biggie.

I'm using elemental/chaos and the chain lightning skill does the same thing. Most of my skills do but I usually know when a mobs going to die single target so I don't overload Mjolnir (ST dps skill) as often. I agree it's not a huge deal, but it's silly and annoying and something that should get polish at some point.
    I've gone back to my Magus and started appreciating him a bit more now that I have Mjolnir. I'm still not sold on Chaos as secondary and might just equip a sword there instead... sort of like a reverse assassin... a Nissassa? :)

At level 15 chaos is only on my secondary mouse. I think chaos is useful, but there is a lot of tanking aggro generating skills in the line and I'm not seeing synergy with elem. I'm not sure what might go with elemental better. There might be some chaos passives I'm overlooking as I've not parsed through those deeply.

In the top passive tree of elemental is a passive to prevent Mjolnir from glancing. I think I mentioned that. It's a huge DPS and by extension survivability buff. As soon as I get that I'm going to start running Polaris.
    Chaos might only be there because it sort of fits thematically with Magus but then Blood would as well.

Blades has one ability, Soothing Springs, that is a very nice 30% self heal and there's passive, Clairvoyance that adds a 12.5% damage shield to it. It's a very nice "oh shit" ability. It's worth it even if you only use that one skill and focus on elemental for damage.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited June 2017
    Excession said:
    The only change I do not like, is the lack of weapon combination choice at the start of the game.
    I would have preferred to be able to choose any combination of main/offhand, as you used to be able to in TSW.
    Other than that, it is good fun.

With TSW a lot of people picked the weapons they liked which were easy to use in lower areas but didn't have good synergy so you hit a wall at higher levels and had to go back and relevel different weapons.  Now they just start you off with weapons that work well together.  
    I remember vividly Shotgun/Elemental was awesome and always on top of the DPS. Now is not included in the starting classes.

I also remember Shotgun/Hammer sucked as tank and I only chose it when we were giving boosts to newer members in regular dungeons. In top tier raiding and Nightmares it was highly unstable and we referred to it as Glass Tank build. Now it is one of the starting classes marked as a tank. 

So I really don't think this is the case here. :|
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Elemental/Sword is pretty good.  
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    SWL = ?  If you are going to use a uncommon abbreviation you should at least mention the game name somewhere.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Ozmodan said:
    SWL = ?  If you are going to use a uncommon abbreviation you should at least mention the game name somewhere.
    Yeah I had to read a good part of the thread to figure out what he was talking about. Too many Acronyms/Initialisms in gaming.
    seraphicas
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • patrynspatryns Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Have you been reading the Reddit comments going on.. In addition, they still have not answered or tried to help with the Transfer.  Not able to log into SWL with my TSW account info.  Sent a ticket Last Friday 06/23/2017.  Finally get into Live chat and he disconnects after posting this:

so is Live Chat only for billing issues?  this launch reminds me of AOC and Anarchy Online.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    patryns said:
    Have you been reading the Reddit comments going on.. In addition, they still have not answered or tried to help with the Transfer.  Not able to log into SWL with my TSW account info.  Sent a ticket Last Friday 06/23/2017.  Finally get into Live chat and he disconnects after posting this:

so is Live Chat only for billing issues?  this launch reminds me of AOC and Anarchy Online.
    lol, well that explains why, in two tries, I was on chat hold for hours.

Also, good to know it's not only me.

The first time I tried chat I was on so long I forgot I was on chat. the CS rep didn't address my issues (I couldn't link accounts) and just gave instructions on how to link accounts. Which I said I couldn't do/it didn't work.

There's a lot of good stuff in funcom's games but there is a huge disconnect on certain fronts.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I had to delete the email I had my TSW account on and forgot to change it on website. I sent a support ticket last Friday explaining this and why and gave an alternate email I want to use along with my registration key from the boxed version I purchased. Still haven't heard back from them. Maybe by Christmas.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Asheram said:
    I had to delete the email I had my TSW account on and forgot to change it on website. I sent a support ticket last Friday explaining this and why and gave an alternate email I want to use along with my registration key from the boxed version I purchased. Still haven't heard back from them. Maybe by Christmas.
    Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully, they fix this for you sooner than later.
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Ozmodan said:
    Secret World Legends..
    Figured it would be easy enough since TSW, The Secret World was mentioned.