Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omg.. Loving SWL!

CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
Haven't liked a MMO type game like this since.. 2008 I think.. Lol. Even the original was not as fun, the community is good too. Chat is entertaining, not like BDO or TERA type chat where it is trolls, spam or trade requests. Sometimes whining about the CS too, like BDO needing pets or you grind too slow apparently, I dunno..But yea, Plus the new features and changes, so cool. Needs some adjustments but awesome so far. ^.^
Having fun with the new Re-boot?
  1. Yes! Love it! :D26 votes
    1. Still deciding, will probably play..
      23.08%
    2. Nope, hate it! Not my TSW, too simplified..
      23.08%
    3. Or ya know, some other type of opinion..
      53.85%
[Deleted User]

Comments

• CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Aww, first choice has no button.. :/
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited June 2017
    i still love it tho :)

it's athmosphere has always been enough for me to play, and now, all weapon choices even seem to be valid <3

no need to go sword if you wanna do the venice playgrounds or just stay alive while adventuring through the zones.

PS: you get a neat Revenant outfit for completing kingsmouth now. whoomp :)
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited June 2017
    I find the setting interesting, but the combat doesnt feel good. I always log in interested to learn some more about the game's lore, but the gameplay starts to bore me almost immediately. Its a real shame.
    Phry[Deleted User]
    Yea, build synergies were very confusing for me before cause there were so many conditions and effects to try to match up for good damage and survivbility before.

Hm, what does Revenant outfit look like?
    Octagon7711
    Hm, but hat do you mean always, Legends hasn't fully launched yet even.. they updated the original TSW..
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    The only change I do not like, is the lack of weapon combination choice at the start of the game.
    I would have preferred to be able to choose any combination of main/offhand, as you used to be able to in TSW.
    Other than that, it is good fun.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    will check it out at a later time. to busy in eq2 and lotro now though.
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I'm level 40 using blood/AR and this game has me hooked.  I am a grandmaster owner and I played pretty solid when the game first came out but by December 2012 I was just totally burned out on the combat system and the fact the trash mobs took so long to kill.  Now, with SWL they have greatly improved the two things I thought were the game breaking problems that drove me away.  Now I can easily run around and strafe while attacking and its seems to be easier to kill most trash mobs out and about.  I am having a blast with SWL.
    Corileanna
    Excession said:
    The only change I do not like, is the lack of weapon combination choice at the start of the game.
    I would have preferred to be able to choose any combination of main/offhand, as you used to be able to in TSW.
    Yea, true, it limits you, but pretty much only if you are brand new and won't unlock all weapon pages i guess they are called from being legacy, cause then just switch to a new weapon set once you find the two weapons in game, just wastes a few points if you don't like the two weapons you began with..

Since i kinda just started, my 3 characters are sill in Kingsmouth, i have the same weapons i started with, pretty fun, love the Trickster.. (Chaos/Pistol), but mainly cause i haven't found any green alternate weapons yet, not sure i love Sword/Elemental.. don't know how to control heat? Do i need to if it's only a secondary weapon?
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     They story is fun, the combat is still quite stale, reminds me of Trove now. I'm playing it though, here's hoping the steam launch will also give them the edge they need to keep making improvements.  It will be up to them to sacrifice short term profit on skins and milking the cash shop. If they choose to keep improving the actual gameplay it will last the long haul. 
    Corileannawaynejr2
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited June 2017
    Yea, build synergies were very confusing for me before cause there were so many conditions and effects to try to match up for good damage and survivbility before.

Hm, what does Revenant outfit look like?
    basically like the revenant with your face :)
    wish the statue in the museum would save the gfx till i set a new one, hehe

and as information: actually all areas give an outfit now after completion, i just didn't have enough time to do all by now *G*
    Corileanna[Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Realizer said:
     They story is fun, the combat is still quite stale, reminds me of Trove now. I'm playing it though, here's hoping the steam launch will also give them the edge they need to keep making improvements.  It will be up to them to sacrifice short term profit on skins and milking the cash shop. If they choose to keep improving the actual game play it will last the long haul. 
    I feel like they are trying pretty good to listen to feedback, and besides that exploit and not enough update on how really long it would be, they been quite good with the community. So i think it'll be around a long time now, maybe with a engine overhaul next, better optimization would be very cool. :)
    Realizer
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    DMKano said:
    Xarko said:
    I find the setting interesting, but the combat doesnt feel good. I always log in interested to learn some more about the game's lore, but the gameplay starts to bore me almost immediately. Its a real shame.
    Combat didnt hook me either. I enjoyed the original combat more.

But why? My son actually hates MMORPGs, so do you dislike it because it deviates from the traditional targeting system? Would someone who generally dislikes MMORPGs have fun with it? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

I like all types of combat though, even tab-target kinda boring, TERA, goodness, DOFUS, and WAKFU ,hmm, Guild Wars 2, and i really enjoy the changes that SWL made. Each weapon has a unique way to keep you on your toes pretty much, and no slow unresponsive charatcer and hitting the mob for 5 minutes to kill it, much better to me, but then again, i like combat where it kinda feels stressful, more omg i might day, then just plan s strategy and you are golden, basically no danger if you planned ahead, ya know?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    im not bothering tbh.

their download speed is crap lol
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I like all types of combat though, even tab-target kinda boring, TERA, goodness, DOFUS, and WAKFU ,hmm, Guild Wars 2, and i really enjoy the changes that SWL made. Each weapon has a unique way to keep you on your toes pretty much, and no slow unresponsive charatcer and hitting the mob for 5 minutes to kill it, much better to me, but then again, i like combat where it kinda feels stressful, more omg i might day, then just plan s strategy and you are golden, basically no danger if you planned ahead, ya know?

Well I was well known in my guild for nodding off during raids in WoW, so even though I find tab-targeting somewhat boring, or I have a sleep disorder, I do enjoy mechanics like TERA. I just think my kids would get a kick out of it, and I've got 4 boys, so if I can convince them all to play then we basically have a premade for dungeons, lol. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• inconceivableinconceivable Member UncommonPosts: 4
    For me, this game is a great example of why good combat matters. I played TSW a ton when it first came out--loved the storytelling, setting, and concept. The thing that killed it for me wasn't the moderate complexity of the combat system, but rather it lacked impact; from the sound to the fluidity/chaining of abilities. Unfortunately, I feel that the reboot hasn't truly addressed this issue. The only reason I will play through this is to re-experience the story and go through some of the story that I missed.
  • ookibakaookibaka Member UncommonPosts: 38
    My biggest gripe so far is that you can't swing melee weapons when there are no targets in range and instead you get flooded with the on screen warning about it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Excession said:

With TSW a lot of people picked the weapons they liked which were easy to use in lower areas but didn't have good synergy so you hit a wall at higher levels and had to go back and relevel different weapons.  Now they just start you off with weapons that work well together.  
    [Deleted User]KyleranIselin

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    ookibaka said:
    My biggest gripe so far is that you can't swing melee weapons when there are no targets in range and instead you get flooded with the on screen warning about it.

There's a problem with that. Since there is no auto-attack or freebie attack they would use weapon resources meaning you could deplete your ability to execute weapon skill attacks through missing a hitbox. That would make survival and successful combat encounters magnitudes harder.
    My only complaint about the combat, and it's a minor one, is the ability queuing. Whenever I'm AOEing down a pack of mobs with my sword I always end up doing 1 or 2 extra swings after they're dead. It just looks silly but like I said, no biggie.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    ookibaka said:

There's a problem with that. Since there is no auto-attack or freebie attack they would use weapon resources meaning you could deplete your ability to execute weapon skill attacks through missing a hitbox. That would make survival and successful combat encounters magnitudes harder.
    My only complaint about the combat, and it's a minor one, is the ability queuing. Whenever I'm AOEing down a pack of mobs with my sword I always end up doing 1 or 2 extra swings after they're dead. It just looks silly but like I said, no biggie.
    Yup, but guess what? In setting under combat i believe, turn off ability queing.. I had to but i took a bit to find it, Chaos made me accidentally aoe too many enemies and caused un-necessary fights. xD
    IselinMrMelGibson
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Funnest mmo I've played in several years
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Rawyn said:
    Funnest mmo I've played in several years
    Careful! Careful! Do not utter the holiest abbreviation of all when talking about something that does not exactly match that description. They are out there looking, looking for ways to correct you  >:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    RawynCorileanna[Deleted User]Robsolf
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Same. I hope the fun stays beyond the first couple weeks, though. /crossesfingers
    [Deleted User]

Joined - July 2004

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well IDK yet, it improved a lot but there is no way with the User Interface to save custom Loadouts without having to change constantly except text commands, this would be easier if it was able to save load-out, skills, and equipment so its easy to switch as you can learn all skills I believe in the game by either P2A, or grinding.