Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2 developers create new game

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    SEANMCAD said:
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:
    ill buy this game it looks great :)

The wait is what kills me...use to be when you heard about a game it was only a month or two away now the wait is so much longer!!!
    Like 3 or 4 years, right?
    With the game being so early in the development phase, there is not even any guarantee that the final product will look even remotely like the concept art etc. which is effectively, all that has been shown so far, its far, far too early to be talking about this game in any meaningful way. :/
    didnt this exact headline exist about 4 years ago when it was EQ Next?
    Let's hope things turn out better than that one did.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited June 2017
    Xateric said:
    I see that the developers from Everquest 2 and Everquest Next are creating a new game called Ashes of Creation 

Which is exactly why I will not help fund it. Fool me once...

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited June 2017
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    Xateric said:
    Raquis said:
    ill buy this game it looks great :)

The wait is what kills me...use to be when you heard about a game it was only a month or two away now the wait is so much longer!!!
    Like 3 or 4 years, right?
    With the game being so early in the development phase, there is not even any guarantee that the final product will look even remotely like the concept art etc. which is effectively, all that has been shown so far, its far, far too early to be talking about this game in any meaningful way. :/
    didnt this exact headline exist about 4 years ago when it was EQ Next?
    Let's hope things turn out better than that one did.
    perhaps but I moved on years ago.

I do feel somewhat sorry for people who are still sitting on the sidelines refusing to see the positives in the gaming market and just hold on for years that EQ or similar is going to sweep in and save their day with a huge magical hit.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    SEANMCAD said:

I do feel somewhat sorry for people who are still sitting on the sidelines refusing to see the positives in the gaming market and just hold on for years that EQ or similar is going to sweep in and save their day with a huge magical hit.

You talk as if people refuses to play new games on principle, while the actual truth is people play new games but they quit out of boredom after a while.

The fact that you adapted to the new interpretation of MMORPGs means that it just suits your play-style.
    But as you probably already know, people have different tastes in food, music, movies, women/men, games and of course MMORPGs, so the fact that you wish everyone would accept that your play-style is the real deal and everybody else has to "grow up" and move on it's sad.

edited June 2017
    ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:

You talk as if people refuses to play new games on principle, while the actual truth is people play new games but they quit out of boredom after a while.

The fact that you adapted to the new interpretation of MMORPGs means that it just suits your play-style.
    But as you probably already know, people have different tastes in food, music, movies, women/men, games and of course MMORPGs, so the fact that you wish everyone would accept that your play-style is the real deal and everybody else has to "grow up" and move on it's sad.

yes..I think they refuse to play the games on principle (people not playing early access games out of principle? say it aint so!)

and no I do not believe those people waiting for the next eq2 play the games I am talking about so they do not have any point of reference at all as to if they are enjoyable or not.

at least that is the case here.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Kyleran said:
    Looks like you have yet to discover the mmorpg.com hype meter :lol:
    Or the Ashes forum here on this site.

Or at the VERY LEAST the search feature.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Just wait for the game to come out, it's got plenty of funding now so no reason to back it honestly.
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:

yes..I think they refuse to play the games on principle (people not playing early access games out of principle? say it aint so!)

and no I do not believe those people waiting for the next eq2 play the games I am talking about so they do not have any point of reference at all as to if they are enjoyable or not.

I don't think anyone avoids EA games on principle, maybe but in my case it's based on my experience with early access to MMORPG's (alphas, betas etc) and the experience has been found wanting, at least for me.

EA in other genres may be the best thing since sliced bread, I wouldn't really know but when I did play single player games they were usually complete titles. 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    To me it shows there is interest in a game of this nature. As there is with Vanguard. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited June 2017
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I don't think anyone avoids EA games on principle,...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

yes...absolutly people do I see posts daily here on and steam that heavyly suggest that is exactly what they do...wow

CORRECTION: 'out of prinicple' or 'biases and assumptions against without have direct experience'

I should add that, it does make a difference in what I was saying..sorry
    [Deleted User]

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Amathe said:
    To me it shows there is interest in a game of this nature. As there is with Vanguard. 

+1
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Ok.
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Xateric said:
    At least they are saying the whole purpose of the game is focus on it being non pay to win.

The guy that started the company did so because he was sick of all the new games being pay to win and focused on pvp with very little pve. For me this sounds great....
    I've seen so many MMOs promise, but in the end they get too greedy or return to the methods that people hate (like what Blizzard announced the other day, of locking lore/story behind the next mythic raid. With the idea that folks can just watch it on YouTube -- that's one expensive video! People aren't going to pay to not even have access to content anymore. As the gate in WoW isn't getting people to raid, is getting humans to play [and not those bots that now join raids like they do in battlegrounds]).

Not in any hurry to play another MMO, especially newer MMOs. They're all 12 button macroed mice and agility with PvP as the cheap "danger" (lazy developing at that, they don't even need to program an AI for it, as PvPers are the script); or mobile 8bit platform junk I got away from 25 years ago.
    Hariken
  • XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Lots of new videos on progress so one can only hope.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Time and money would have been better spent on upgrading EQ and content for EQ2. This may not end well.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    only EQ is still property of DBG while AoC is being developed by a different studio. And with DBG at the helm, only bad things could come out...
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Xateric said:
    At least they are saying the whole purpose of the game is focus on it being non pay to win.

The guy that started the company did so because he was sick of all the new games being pay to win and focused on pvp with very little pve. For me this sounds great....
    Yeah, but EQ2 was the game that actually added itemshop with P2P first so the question is if he tells us the truth or not. 

Hopefully have he realized it was a bad idea but I'll wait and see...
    MrMelGibson
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Yeah this game will probably be p2w. GW2 proved that early promises are just smoke and mirrors.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Hariken said:
    Yeah this game will probably be p2w. GW2 proved that early promises are just smoke and mirrors.
    I think you mean "UO2" or AC2.
  • XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited August 2017
    Loke666 said:
    Xateric said:

Yeah, but EQ2 was the game that actually added itemshop with P2P first so the question is if he tells us the truth or not. 

The guy in charge of the studio creating [mod edit] is doing for the fact that so many games are pay to win and he wants to go pack to the way it use to be.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Talk is cheap at this stage......EQN was talked about to these ridiculous heights, and to be honest I am not sure the game ever really even existed
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     Wait you mean developers from a game that never launched, signed up to work for a cashcow run by a juice sales guy? I'm shocked.. 

Nope, not really.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited June 2017
    Xateric said:
    Loke666 said:
    Xateric said:

The guy in charge of the studio creating Ashes of Creation is doing for the fact that so many games are pay to win and he wants to go pack to the way it use to be.
    Funny. You mean the guy who drops 600$ a week on his ArcheAge guild? Really sticking it to the pay to win model that guy is.

As I've said in other topics my primary reason for opting out of this game is a lack of trust. His guild The White Order has been very deceitful and backhanded in their AA dealings and so how can we trust him in more serious matters such as the ethical management of a company?
    Slapshot1188
    edited June 2017
    Eldurian said:
    Xateric said:
    Loke666 said:
    Xateric said:

The guy in charge of the studio creating Ashes of Creation is doing for the fact that so many games are pay to win and he wants to go pack to the way it use to be.
    Funny. You mean the guy who drops 600$ a week on his ArcheAge guild? Really sticking it to the pay to win model that guy is.

As I've said in other topics my primary reason for opting out of this game is a lack of trust. His guild The White Order has been very deceitful and backhanded in their AA dealings and so how can we trust him in more serious matters such as the ethical management of a company?
    well to be fair its also a good idea for those gamers who have been around awhile and have paid attention to ignore any and all 'upcoming' titles and only pay attention to what they can purchase (and actually play)

I learned that a loooong time ago.

its kind of ironic to see people complain about early access titles and yet get excited about games in development that they cant buy..

edited June 2017
    Eldurian said:
    Xateric said:
    Loke666 said:
    Xateric said:

Haven't you heard? Steve's running a MMORPG charity for the good of gamers everywhere.

Even giving folks the "opportunity" to contribute for those little "extras" as he's got the first $30M covered.
    Slapshot1188MrMelGibsonEldurian