Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To WoW vanilla players: Was Legion expansion and subscription worth the money & are you subscribed?

2»

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    InMediah said:
    WOW is total pay2win these days...buy WoW 40euro->buy 1 month 12euro->buy lvl 100 character 60euro-> buy  WoWmark 20euro->70kgold->raidready...what a utterly bad joke.

~140euro to be instant raidready. Imagine u tell that a WoW player 10 years ago, they would burn blizzard offices over night.

WoW is actually the most pay2win game on the market. The fanbois are just to drilled to speak it out. But u cant argue about the facts.

Yep that's sad.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I don't think GOOD progression is going after a slightly bigger piece of cheese. That is lazy design when the developers have no idea how to do proper endgame content.

Which...WoW is all about getting a slightly bigger piece of cheese (or slight upgrade to an item). Expansion comes out, and cycle repeats...every expansion really ends up being the exact same at endgame, in terms of what the player themselves are trying to accomplish/do (which is get a slightly better item than the last).

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited June 2017
    Legion is more than worth the money. Even more so now that you can supplement playtime with WoW Tokens. No need to even spend money to play. Any p2p mmo that doesn't utilize a similar system is fucking stupid as all hell right now. I'm looking at you FFXIV.

Blizzard gets essentially $20 dollars instead of $15 per sub now, and the players that can't/don't want to spend $$ to play get to play, and other players get more gold in their pocket. It's a win/win/win and not in the scummy way like B2P mmos having subs + cash shops. Other game's need to wake up to the times.
    KalebGrayson[Deleted User]

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

ste2000 said:
    InMediah said:
    WOW is total pay2win these days...buy WoW 40euro->buy 1 month 12euro->buy lvl 100 character 60euro-> buy  WoWmark 20euro->70kgold->raidready...what a utterly bad joke.

~140euro to be instant raidready. Imagine u tell that a WoW player 10 years ago, they would burn blizzard offices over night.

WoW is actually the most pay2win game on the market. The fanbois are just to drilled to speak it out. But u cant argue about the facts.

Yep that's sad.
    Also completely not true. level 100 is raid ready instantly? In what world? Because the level cap is 110 and old content is irrelevant. Even hitting level 110 won't make you raid ready. You need to get gear, which you can get very quickly, but even then you need to spend time getting ap for your artifact weapon, and even then you need to learn the class enough to do enough damage/healing/etc in the raid.
    KalebGrayson

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    ste2000 said:
    InMediah said:

Yep that's sad.

Good luck getting your boosted character into any raid minus LFR. 
  • jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I had fun getting ready for and playing Legion. I had not played since TBC though, so maybe it has something to do with being out of the game for a long time. With that said, if my friends had no convinced me to play and I had to play it by myself, I would have never thought about coming back to WoW. We quit after like 3 months though. Mainly because it is very hard to find a "casual" guild that could do Mythic Raid. 
    I had fun getting ready for and playing Legion. I had not played since TBC though, so maybe it has something to do with being out of the game for a long time. With that said, if my friends had no convinced me to play and I had to play it by myself, I would have never thought about coming back to WoW. We quit after like 3 months though. Mainly because it is very hard to find a "casual" guild that could do Mythic Raid. 
    Honestly this is the case for mmo's in general. MMOs are not fun enough to be played solo...shocker, i know. They're meant to be played with people, so its no wonder it'd be a boring experience if you had to play it solo. A million better games out there for people who wanna solo, just play a single player RPG and have a 10x better experience.

• HogdemonsHogdemons Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited July 2017
    No and no.

I've been playing off and on since open beta and have experienced every single expansion to date, except for MoP.

They have dumbed down the game to such a level that there is barely one full bar in pvp.

Talents have been quintessentially simplified to a single path, meaning no choices are to be made anymore, not even with gems or reforging.

Combat has become so trivial, especially for hunters, that macros are no longer necessary, stance switching is barely necessary for warriors (was REMOVED entirely from DKs) and rogues are a three button class rotational wonder.

The most flagrant example is the "subtlety" rogue, which has had most of its class defining abilities removed, such as cooldown management skills... AND POISONS.

If that wasn't enough, they also made it VERY difficult to level alts, because now your weapon is an "artifact weapon" that levels up with you very slowly with quests.

While some people praise this as a new means of progression, it kills the weapon carrot on the stick for raid progression (at least for me) and also makes it hard to compete when you have to grind out your weapon talents to deal enough damage to be accepted in a group.

PvP is in such a bad state that player participation is at an all-time low, mostly due to how they REMOVED all GEAR rewards, except for the top .5% of the population.

If you don't believe me, check the forums (official ones) for yourself.

The guy responsible for PvP was even transferred to a different department a la Jay Wilson.

This was the first expansion where I could barely make it through my first month (I unsubbed during second month), in my decade+ of playing.

The game, in my humble opinion, has never been in such a disgraceful state for casual PvP.

If you don't care at all about PvP, don't mind oversimplified, dumbed down classes due to PRUNING, idiotic rewards, the same kind of facebook mini-game crap there was in WoD (now found in something called a class hall), then you might enjoy this expansion.

It is a shallow pool of vast content like Warlords of Draenor. In fact, if you took Warlords of Draenor, added more of the quest content, dumbed down the classes (sorry about redundancy, but this killed the game for me) added one pathetic excuse of a WoW class (demon hunter is so simple that it barely has a rotation, both as DPS and tank), you would get Legion.

I loved WoW as a game and Legion killed it for me.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I posted this here too, but it fits: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/466571/did-blizzard-just-give-us-a-hint-about-the-next-expansion-world-of-warcraft-mmorpg-com

WoW has gotten way more fun since vanilla. Even BC and (sorta, but much improved) WOTLK the classes pretty pretty terrible, but did get a lot better in the era of WOTLK and past that. Every expansion makes it more and more like the type of MMO I personally want to play.

In vanilla, this was gameplay as a paladin...same in BC...

Auto attack! Auto attack! Auto attack!

and

"WTF you are ret? Damn noob." *kicks out of group*

Classes and the game itself are way more fun. Demon hunters glide and around and do acrobatics everywhere. Very fun. Barely any MMOs have a class like the Demon Hunter. Warlocks feel far more like warlocks than they used to. Death knights pretty much get a necromancer-esque spec (Unholy). Artifacts are a lot of fun to use. I loved WoD garrisons, though I did like them more than the Legion garrison-light they did. WoD garrisons were way more involved than Legion ones (renamed to Class Halls)

And also, in vanilla, raids were gated to the 1% of everyone who played WoW and raided (proven by Blizzard that they themselves stated 99% of their players did NOT raid.) That is a HUGE sign of bad game design, which they fixed in later expansions and patches.

Not to mention there is so much content and stuff to do now. The content is no longer gated by 1% raiders, its open to everyone. that is GOOD design when you don't segregate a group of people who may not be hardcore raiders, which is a HUGE group of people mind you.

The only two things that are fail to me is PvP is junk compared to vanilla, but I only PVE anyway. And crafting has taken a nose dive, which is sad, but personally never did crafting that much anyway as items dropped in the dungeons were ALWAYS better (even in vanilla). Or maybe they weren't better stat wise (might remember wrong), but were at least far easier (and cheaper cause a drop is free lol) to get. And if I wanted a third negative, garrisons and garrison nerfed class halls don't count as housing to me lol. Garrisons sort of felt like it cause you could at least build, but not really and class halls feel less like housing to me.

Blizzard opened the game up to a huge group of people, and at first made the same mistake wildstar did and designed endgame for 1% of people (which is a tiny group of gamers), but instead of keeping at it and failing like wildstar did, they opened up the game to a huge audience. This has continued their success with WoW. Sure not at its golden age, but its still #1 western MMO out there, beating even free to play MMOs. That says a lot.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Yes and Yes.  Having fun.  Almost have all the class mount stuff.  I like having collection objectives.