Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World Legends NDA lifted, what is your opinion on the cbt?!

Comments

• netglennetglen Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Typical Funcom incompetence. They had a one week closed beta and then went straight to headstart. Now the game is offline for most of the day due to an extended emergency maintenance to address some game breaking currency exchange duping shenanigans.  
    Gdemami
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited June 2017
    Significant in-game currency exploit found. Game has been taken offline while they try to sort it out. Problem they've got now is that this exploited currency will be in circulation - unless they pick through it account by account, or roll back.
    Maintenance being repeatedly extended:
    https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds

Octagon7711Gdemami
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    DMKano said:
    I feel its a step back from the original. The combat feels worse for me and I greatly dislike the removal of open skill system.

Glad others are enjoying it, but not for me.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you.

I'm not going to say the new system is "teh bestest eva" but it's a hell of lot more engaging than spamming builders until you get enough for a finisher with the odd utility spell thrown in here and there.

Each weapon now has it's own resource mechanic, giving each weapon type a slightly different flair, thought some are definitely more interesting than others.
    [Deleted User]pappacubeThumbtackJTybost
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    DMKano said:
    I feel its a step back from the original. The combat feels worse for me and I greatly dislike the removal of open skill system.

Glad others are enjoying it, but not for me.
    Which is a shame considering this game has all the potential to be amazing.

Funcom: Destroyer of worlds.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited June 2017
    I did not see anything good when I tried it. Everything feels clunky and boring. 

Linear  quest themepark :/
  • netglennetglen Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Good job Funcom for the 3rd extension to the downtime. 8 hours and counting now.  
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    i like the game so far and I'm 22 lvl already :) The problem with headstart is that actually isn't a headstart since the server is down :P
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Even i usually dont like much linear questing themepark style i confess i had alot of fun playing TSW back then. Its the only mmorpg untill now that i really care about story and even watched all the cut scenes.
    Yes its true, its a linear questing themepark but the char development wasnt, no lvls, 1 char could use any weapon, be any role / build at any time and change whenever i wanted, so theres was freedom on this subject and i love this kind of freedom.
    Using as a example, BDO is a open world mmorpg, no need to play it as a linear questing but then we are lock to char class's, wanna change weapon need to create a new char and lvl up to 55 to experience the awakening, i really prefer 1 char can be all, even might take some time to do it.

Anyway:
    Allways love the story and envoriment of TSW, and its the same in TSWL.
    The freedom of use any weapon / builds in 1 char is still there.
    The combat feels better, way better then the original, still not top noch but enouph to have fun.
    Now char have lvls, dont like it but can live with it.

Be playing this new TSWL, was about 4 or 5 years (not sure) when played the original, im having alot of fun and might stay around a little, at least untill some new mmorpg comes out that really call my attention (i dont see any).

My only advice is just try TSWL, its free anyway, just keep in mind its a old game in a old engine.
    If you come from BDO will look like you travel in time backwards 10years in terms of graphics and combat  :smiley:
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    "shared world RPG" .. lol .. i guess the MMO label is no longer selling.

I will check it out though. free is always the right price .. it can get 15 min of my time. Whether it gets more depends on how fun it is (to me).
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    wait .. is the game actually out on steam? I don't see the "play game" button on its page?
  • Jill52Jill52 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    edited June 2017
    wait .. is the game actually out on steam? I don't see the "play game" button on its page?
    Not on Steam till the 30th or the first of next month from what I heard.