Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Operation Frankencow (Crowfall death mechanics)

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
Ambushed and outnumbered, the brave cow warrior finally dies...

His crow-soul starts seeking new corpse to possess...

...but there's no body to be found!

Desperate, he seeks help from guildies - so they take their shovels and go to the graveyard nearby:

After some digging, the loot is taken to Dr. Frankencow's house.

Dr. Frankencow is, as usual, busy working at his table...

...so, he takes arms and legs brought to him and quickly stitches them together:

For Dr. Frankencow, this is just another day at the office.

Couple minutes later, a new cow warrior is born!

...and he happily returns to melt faces again.

------------------- THE END -------------------

Based on a true story.

Actors (in order of appearance):

- Angelmar as cow 1
- Tinnis as crow-soul
- Thomas Blair as graverobber
- Mark Halash as Dr. Frankencow
- Makkon as cow 2

Narrator: Vincent G. Price
 W...aaagh?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I still like the idea but the game is ummm just weak.

Watching that combat leaves me laughing,it looks so bad,standing in the open swinging at each other...no thanks.
    I like strategy in my combat,tactics,not 3 on 1 or any other advantage one might have.
    This game has a LOT of work to do to convince me if combat is what it is banking on.

IMO this is a game that should have just went turn based tactics,i don't this design as being anything positive.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Nominated for best cow-based romance in 2017.

Cowbegone:  A Bolvine Tale.

"It was udderly riveting."

Rated 18+ for extreme cow on cow axetion.
    JamesGoblin
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    ty for cowellating all this data for us.
    JamesGoblin
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Wizardry said:

Watching that combat leaves me laughing,it looks so bad,standing in the open swinging at each other...no thanks.
    <snip>

On the first image, he is dying (you can see "respawn in..." on the screen), it's just a death animation and others have no need to interact.

On the last one, his enemies are knocked down (and die that way), otherwise the combat is quite dynamic.
     W...aaagh?
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Wizardry said:
    I like strategy in my combat,tactics,not 3 on 1 or any other advantage one might have.
    So you pretty much only play solitaire?

I've never seen the "always have a disadvantage" strategy/tactic as the go to choice.
    JamesGoblin
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    The gameplay and ideas are cowwesponding to my taste, nice!
    JamesGoblin

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    Allein said:
    Wizardry said:
    So you pretty much only play solitaire?

I've never seen the "always have a disadvantage" strategy/tactic as the go to choice.
    @Wizardry Crowfall will likely be as "fair" as EVE is. Anyway, here is a video from which I took the last GIF - the scene is happening around 2:00, tho the battle starts much earlier. You can see that the whole fight was rather chaotic in terms of who-is-outnumbering-whom:

W...aaagh?
  • kgsavatarkgsavatar Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited January 2017
    Wizardry said:

This game has a LOT of work to do to convince me if combat is what it is banking on.

IMO this is a game that should have just went turn based tactics,i don't this design as being anything positive.
    @Wizardry stop being so COWardly!  Just come play with us, we won't hurt you.  We promise. :)

Seriously though, if you have not tried it, you should.  You might actually like it if you actually played it.  Yes, there are safety in numbers, but that holds true for any PVP based game.

It is a really cool game, the combat is exciting and it is shaping up nicely.

A few issues that I have with it are:
    1. There are serious lag issues.
    2. There are balance issue.
    3. There are graphical and engine glitches.

There are more for sure, but those are the ones that bother me the most, but guess what?  This is pre-alpha, so all those issues are expected and will get ironed out.  If you want to help shape the game to more in the vein of something you like, then jump in, test and give feedback.  If you sit back and just complain and don't offer feedback, then you can't really complain when it does not turn out how you may have wanted it to.

Ask a friend to try it out on their account and keep an open mind and remember, this is pre-alpha.

Bovinely yours,
    KGee
    :)
    Post edited by kgsavatar on
    JamesGoblin
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I like how this game is shaping up...  They're using unique ideas, at least, and seem to have a solid plan for bringing those ideas into fruition.
    JamesGoblin

I like how this game is shaping up...  They're using unique ideas, at least, and seem to have a solid plan for bringing those ideas into fruition.
    It should be said that this is just one option, it will be much more complicated. Players will have choices when it comes to resurrection, with a number of trade-offs between cheap, quick and good.
     W...aaagh?
  • kgsavatarkgsavatar Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited January 2017
    To cowback on what @JamesGoblin just stated, there will also be different types of campaign worlds to play in / on.  Some will be X number of factions.  So you can only kill people in your own faction.  At least that's how I assume it will work.  Other campaign worlds will be hardcore free for all and I am sure pre-existing alliances and guilds will stick together.

There is a ton of potential here.  Can't wait to see it all locked in place and playable.
    Post edited by kgsavatar on
    JamesGoblin
    @kgsavatar Besides friendly fire (or not) they are planning to have all kinds of sliders, say - from corpse loot (0-100%) to "details" such as resource spawn rates & quality or maybe even physics, as hinted.

The idea is simple - to let players decide which combos are best i.e. most popular, and bad ones will self-eliminate through that evolution. Todd even directly used genetics to describe that idea!?
     W...aaagh?
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    raph koster and crafting was enough for me to put some money aside for a copy of the game when it launches and i'm not even into pvp that much lol necromancy as crafting is just icing on the cake to me
    JamesGoblin
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    It should be said that this is just one option, it will be much more complicated. Players will have choices when it comes to resurrection, with a number of trade-offs between cheap, quick and good.

As always, pick two....
    JamesGoblin

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

To avoid confusion, here's much more detailed info about death and resurrection in Crowfall (official update) - http://crowfall.com/en/news/shuffle-off-this-mortal-coil-death-respawning-and-you/
     W...aaagh?
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Oh god this game is looking terrible. Almost identical to that GW2 garbage. 
    JamesGoblin
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I hope the graphics, and UI / Combat isn't going to stay the same way as it is in Alpha because it sucks :3.
    JamesGoblin
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Renoaku said:
    I hope the graphics, and UI / Combat isn't going to stay the same way as it is in Alpha because it sucks :3.

Ya I am thinking the same thing. Looks like a quick action blend of WoW and GW2. Not anything I am interested in. 
    JamesGoblin
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    I like the art direction of Crowfall. The graphics improved recently and it should continue to improve over time.

JamesGoblin
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Still waiting for the 24/7 servers and actual test campaigns before I even consider buying into this one. They have some interesting ideas, but I'm not sure how well this is all going to fit together. I will give them some credit for doing something different and not letting the project spiral off into a decade long development cycle from hell like every other crowdfunded MMORPG. Good or bad it looks like there is a real chance this could actually be a retail game sometime this year. 

My biggest concern with this game is that the players are the content. I remember when Warhammer Online came out and people on the losing side of the fight would just give up making the game pointless. Even though these Crowfall campaigns are temporary, I'm wondering how they are going to keep all sides engaged for weeks or months. GW2 WvW had the same exact problem. People have short attention spans when they don't see a clear path to success. I'll be very interested to see how this plays out. Developers have a bad habit of ignoring the reality of how people play these games and designing them in a more idealistic way. The path of least resistance is what people always default to, so it's best to design with that in mind instead of pretending it won't happen. 
    francis_baudJamesGoblin