Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World Legends - Review in Progress #1 - Approachable & Engaging - MMORPG.com

Comments

• PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I have always had a soft spot for TSW and I loved that game's eerie atmosphere. If the combat has improved and PvP is enjoyable, it should be successful. I will have to give it another go.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    I don't see why they didn't modify the original game unless they just wanted everyone to start over and spend more money.
    Some people have low-functioning brain stems, suppressing their ability to sense danger and thus are easier to fool.

Some people don't sweat the small shit.
    My grandmother used to say that. She had unlimited amounts of free time and Alzheimer's. She also wound up getting cleaned out by a phone scammer. She would have been a wet dream to the marketing team at Funcom.

I'll keep an eye out for phone scammers although I may not care at that point. Wait, I forgot, we don't have a landline anymore, just mobiles. Also, I never answer my mobile unless it's on my contact list. Oh crap, I'm probably already screwed.
    I get calls from Bank of America, my bank, all the time that aren't from them. Apparently you have no idea how easy it is to spoof a number on a mobile phone. If you think a mobile phone protects you, you ARE already screwed.
    Octagon7711

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 680
    I had some solid hope for this reboot (if thats what its being called?) But after jumping in and finding out that they have preset "classes" you have to pick from, that pairs weapons that i dont want to use together, then finding out that I CANT just go get the weapon combo i want with out leveling up weapon sets i dont want to use (taking a LONG time to do) first. I just gave up (again) on this title.
    QuarterStack

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Overall I like the changes, but I don't like the idea of preset classes myself. I ended up having to reroll my first character  after not enjoying the skills it forced me into. The tempo of combat is faster and more fun than the old system. I have no idea if the game will hold my attention past a few weeks or not yet. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,966
    Iselin said:
    I just saw on reddit that anyone who links (or already linked) their TSW account to legends will now get 3 character slots instead of 1.

EDIT: already done BTW... I have 3 slots now.
    You don't know how happy I am to hear that.  Three factions with one character slot, what were they thinking?

*Logs in to start a new character*
    TorvalMrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,313
    Iselin said:
    I just saw on reddit that anyone who links (or already linked) their TSW account to legends will now get 3 character slots instead of 1.

You don't know how happy I am to hear that.  Three factions with one character slot, what were they thinking?

*Logs in to start a new character*
    yea my 3 slots showed up 2 hours ago

Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Overall I like the changes, but I don't like the idea of preset classes myself. I ended up having to reroll my first character  after not enjoying the skills it forced me into. The tempo of combat is faster and more fun than the old system. I have no idea if the game will hold my attention past a few weeks or not yet. 

I think it's an odd way to present classes too since you can unlock any weapon combo you want. I think a combination of the old way where players could try the weapons and the new way of suggesting viable prebuilt loadouts would be better and less confusing.
    MrMelGibson
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Quicksand said:
    I had some solid hope for this reboot (if thats what its being called?) But after jumping in and finding out that they have preset "classes" you have to pick from, that pairs weapons that i dont want to use together, then finding out that I CANT just go get the weapon combo i want with out leveling up weapon sets i dont want to use (taking a LONG time to do) first. I just gave up (again) on this title.
    If you played before reboot and link account you get all weapon unlocked when you go to Agartha for the first time. So yes, you CAN go for any weapon you want. 

Unless you have never played but then i call bullshit on your comment. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,022
    Iselin said:

Damn, wish I knew about this because I just bought a character slot last night lol.  Oh well.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,116
    Iselin said:

Damn, wish I knew about this because I just bought a character slot last night lol.  Oh well.
    Hows the game so far ?

Like the combat did improve.

But the game itself feels like to dark.

And I found items in the cash shop that aren't for sale without an Ultimate Edition?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,185
    Iselin said:

Now you have an extra for experimenting :)

I went ahead and tried an Assasin and the blades do seem like a very solo and beginner friendly line with good self heals very early on.

I also had a blue MkII assault rifle drop randomly so I was going to try starting out a new one with assault rifle primary... but then I went and improved it not realizing that bound it to my Assassin. Noob mistake lol.

Torval
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • skeaserskeaser Member UncommonPosts: 4,078
    I have a lifetime sub from the original TSW and was excited when I heard about TSW:L but after a few hours the combat still feels clunky. I like the quests, story and theme and can get past the fugly characters and cheesy voice acting but I just can't stand the combat.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,022
    Renoaku said:
    Iselin said:

Hows the game so far ?

And I found items in the cash shop that aren't for sale without an Ultimate Edition?
    Honestly, I only got to play for a few hours last night and so far I'm enjoying it.  I always liked this mmo, but couldn't get into the combat.  The combat has vastly improved imo so nowe I will give this game a real go.  

Not exactly sure what you mean by dark?  Do you mean the atmosphere and setting?  Or do you mean the color palette that makes the game graphically darker? Can you elaborate? I'll answer afterwards :smile:

I haven't really checked the cash shop so I can't answer your question,  sorry.
    Azaron_NightbladeTorval
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,116
    edited June 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Iselin said:

Hows the game so far ?

Honestly, I only got to play for a few hours last night and so far I'm enjoying it.  I always liked this mmo, but couldn't get into the combat.  The combat has vastly improved imo so nowe I will give this game a real go.  

Not exactly sure what you mean by dark?  Do you mean the atmosphere and setting?  Or do you mean the color palette that makes the game graphically darker? Can you elaborate? I'll answer afterwards :smile:

I haven't really checked the cash shop so I can't answer your question,  sorry.
    Like just too dark at night lol with no way to carry a torch, or flashlight at night time, only way I can fix this is turning gamma all the way up.

Similar to Planet Side 2.

Don't forget the illuminati is Real...

MrMelGibsonReion1
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,695
    I see a lot of people playing here. I'm thinking of starting later today. Why not form a Cabal or something? Or just hold hands and stare into each other's eyes in silence? I'm up for either. 
    MrMelGibson
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 837
    Argue all you want about mechanics but you cant neglect the fact that this game has the best lore in the history of all mmos. Period.
    ConstantineMerusEvilGeek

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 706
    A new start! Great reason to wear this old t-shirt once again!
    RealizerConstantineMerusEvilGeekMrMelGibsonTorval
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,234
    So how does the combat "feel". The build, build, build........unload whilst tedious wasn't the only issue. The combat just felt 'off' somehow. No real weight, not visceral. Another thing was the endless circle straffing whilst not the only way to approach combat you could fight bigger and more with that 'tactic'.

Still Bill 'not gushing' is ominous sounds like a solid 8.5 which is 50% on the MMORPG 7-10 scale.

Despite this still tempted to try again. Weirdly got a soft spot for TSW and Funcom, at least they dare to try different
  • HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,488
    I think Funcom did a great job here. Now what they need is an official forum for this version of the game. The old one is filled with bitter veterans hating on this and Reddit which always sucks.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,235
    Did a lvl 10 dungeon today, was fun! I think if I didnt heal we would have wiped it.
    MrMelGibson

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Does the game have crafting ?
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Fired this up yesterday to see if anything much had changed. Unfortunately after 4hrs I gave up. Combat is still as bad as ever (maybe worse), I was so bored I just could not play any more. I played this when it first came out and enjoyed it for about a month despite the weightless combat but this time around it was just plain boring.
    Mikehapostlarval
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,177
    They managed to make a shitty game engine shittier while calling it improved.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Iselin said:

heh, I did the same thing.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    seems there is some kinda of trouble ,I am start TSW patcher but it downloaded SWL patcher ,servers are down ,now