Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indian Female Models & Face Paint Revealed - New Dawn - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageIndian Female Models & Face Paint Revealed - New Dawn - MMORPG.com

New Dawn News - The New Dawn Steam page has been updated with a pair of images to show off a female Indian body model and facial models complete with face paints. According to the very brief update, New Dawn characters will be able to customize their face paint on character creation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Kootur

Comments

• ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I can't believe they call a native American "Indian". In what dark times does that team live??
    d_20ConstantineMerusKootur

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
    Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
    Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
    Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Valkyrie said:
    I can't believe they call a native American "Indian". In what dark times does that team live??
    Dark times... that's hilarious.  

Anyway, those Indians look pretty good. I'll keep this one on my radar.
    [Deleted User]Kootur

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Agreed, those are some good looking Indians.
    [Deleted User]Kootur
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited June 2017
    How interesting, an MMO that takes place in India.
    d_20Kootur
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited June 2017
    Once upon a time, some guy erroneously thought he was in India and thus called all the people he met in the area "Indians".

His name was Christopher Columbus.

To this day, people continue to parrot that mistake.
    Distopiad_20StoneRosesGdemami[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Valkyrie said:
    Just so you know, native American isn't a term well liked either.
    Kootur

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I thought Indian was the preferred term since all the related government agencies have Indian in their name.
    Kootur
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Tiamat64 said:
    Once upon a time, some guy erroneously thought he was in India and thus called all the people he met in the area "Indians".

If the Cleveland Indians got away with using the name to represent their state in sports i think we can live with this too.

People are too sensitive.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonHatefullOzmodansaintriku92[Deleted User]HermodKootur

Tiamat64 said:

If the Cleveland Indians got away with using the name to represent their state in sports i think we can live with this too.

Well, my post didn't have to do with sensitivity and political correctness so much as having to do with Einstein's statement about the two things that are infinite.
    Gdemami
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Kyleran said:
    Valkyrie said:
    They prefer to be called indigenous here in Canada.  The federal government is in the process of removing the term "Indian" officially and using indigenous.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Tiamat64 said:
    Tiamat64 said:

Well, my post didn't have to do with sensitivity and political correctness so much as having to do with Einstein's statement about the two things that are infinite.
    oh i didn't mean you, i was just saying there are many people out there that get easily offended by anything. I dare think many(if not most) of those people have no idea about Columbus's mistake.

Tiamat64 said:
    Tiamat64 said:

oh i didn't mean you, i was just saying there are many people out there that get easily offended by anything. I dare think many(if not most) of those people have no idea about Columbus's mistake.
    Turns out the Columbus story is more of a legend than a fact.  There are multiple theories on where the name indian originated from.
    GdemamiKootur

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Turns out the Columbus story is more of a legend than a fact.  There are multiple theories on where the name indian originated from.
    Meh, please point me to a good explanation for it or else I shall continue to think of it as a stupid term.  What next, calling the people from India Americans?
    Gdemami
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Valkyrie said:
    Well , coming from a Native American(Cherokee) my family has not taken offense to either some do prefer Native American , some American Indian ,and some Cherokee Nation, some Canadien Tribes prefer to adopt" First Nations"....

KyleranMrMelGibson[Deleted User]GdemamiKootur
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Valkyrie said:
    Would you prefer if they were called "natives" instead of "Indians"?

MMO players don't have the patience to keep writing "native Americans" when playing the game. They'd shorten the term.
    Kootur

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited June 2017
    Indians were copper colored just like the Indians of India, the so called modern native americans actually originate from siberia and are not the original people of America.  Doesnt it make more sense to enslave the people that were already here instead of getting them from across the Atlantic?

Siberian native American
    Related image

Indo-European Native American
    Image result for modern native american people

http://webstersdictionary1828.com/Dictionary/american
    AMER'ICAN, noun A native of America; originally applied to the aboriginals, or copper-colored races

Aboriginal Native American
    https://archive.org/details/americabeinglate00mont

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2003672914/

Florida. [Engraving from Montanus, Arnoldus. Die unbekante neve welt oder beschreibung des welt-teils Amerika. Amsterdam, J. von Meurs, 1673

Florida Engraving from Montanus Arnoldus Die unbekante neve welt oder beschreibung des welt-teils Amerika Amsterdam J von Meurs 1673
    Olmecs
    Image result for olmecs

Mayans
    Copper Colored
    Image result for mayan artImage result for mayan artImage result for mayan artRelated image
    Indian People of India - Copper Colored
    Related imageImage result for indian people

Post edited by Thoth_Moshe on
    Scorchien[Deleted User]Kootur
    Tiamat64 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Meh, please point me to a good explanation for it or else I shall continue to think of it as a stupid term.  What next, calling the people from India Americans?
    It might surprise you to know people from some parts of northern India prefer to be called "Aryans."

But the Columbus story seems to be verified based on writings he made in order to continue funding of additional expeditions with alternate theories being largely unsupported.

He was being funded to find an alternate route to India, not discover a new continent. :)

MrMelGibson

Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Valkyrie said:
    Well , coming from a Native American(Cherokee) my family has not taken offense to either some do prefer Native American , some American Indian ,and some Cherokee Nation, some Canadien Tribes prefer to adopt" First Nations"....

Just read a rant from someone in San Francisco, seems he takes great offense to all names except "First Nations" or "First Tribes" 

I learned quite a bit of interesting info looking up various topics on this discussion.

Torval said:
    Valkyrie said:
    One where disparaging marginalized group is acceptable. Since the moral compass has been broken for quite a while now people have just thrown it out. Ignorance and belligerence are the mode of the day. Civility has taken a back seat.
    Supreme Court just ruled this week that the government cannot prohibit issuing trademarks for terms that might be considered racially offensive.

The case was actually related to a singing group founded by a person of Asian heritage who tried to trademark the name "Slant Eyes" for his band.

The Washington Redskins are in the middle of their own legal battle over their trademark and rejoiced over the decision as they feel it will support their case as well.
    [Deleted User]Kootur

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Tiamat64 said:

And that makes it right how?
    [Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Valkyrie said:

Just read a rant from someone in San Francisco, seems he takes great offense to all names except "First Nations" or "First Tribes" 

I learned quite a bit of interesting info looking up various topics on this discussion.

Yea, my Grandparents , who are gone now ,would be angry at anything but Cherokee nation , each generation and each Tribe adapts differently ,at the end its about respect ...
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited June 2017
    Are the devs from europe by any chance? We call them Indians as well in my country, its basically the offical name for native americans around here. There was no need to change it, because there were no indians around to complain about it I guess.
    Lokero
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Relampago said:
    Tiamat64 said:

Freedom of speech makes it right. You don't have to like it, and you can show that you don't like it by not supporting organizations that use such words.  However, making laws to prohibit the use of such words is wrong.   
    [Deleted User]
    moshra said:
    Relampago said:
    Tiamat64 said:

Freedom of speech makes it right. You don't have to like it, and you can show that you don't like it by not supporting organizations that use such words.  However, making laws to prohibit the use of such words is wrong.   
    That was basically the Supreme Court's viewpoint.  

They were not giving an opinion whether "slant eyes" was right or wrong, only that the government should not be deciding what speech (or words) were acceptable or not.

Relampago[Deleted User]

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_Temple
    Isis Temple, in the Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA is a prominence below the North Rim, and adjacent Granite Gorge. The prominence lies north of the north bank of the west-flowing Colorado River, and is just north of Middle Granite Gorge.

Gdemami
This discussion has been closed.