Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about ffxi & lineage 2 complexity

Hi guys!

I'm having a hard time to decide which MMORPG i should play/wait for... FFXI or Lineage II. I read a lot of both, but one point i couldn't find out is how complex the skillsystems are. are they more like dungeon siege, with 3 skills in all, or more like games like morrowind etc? and where are the differences? how about customisation, are all lv.50 fighters the same or can you decide a lot?
would be nice if some of the ones who play the games could answer this :::^)::

Comments

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by Seele

Hi guys!
    I'm having a hard time to decide which MMORPG i should play/wait for... FFXI or Lineage II. I read a lot of both, but one point i couldn't find out is how complex the skillsystems are. are they more like dungeon siege, with 3 skills in all, or more like games like morrowind etc? and where are the differences? how about customisation, are all lv.50 fighters the same or can you decide a lot?

Lineage 2 should claim your hard earned money. L2 has better community, Graphics, better monsters designs, music, and most of all massive PvP clan warfare.

Why would anyone should spend money and time on killing endless pop-ups of dumb, scripted monsters when you can actually fight thinking human being not only on one-on-one but in group?

I think ffxi is a mistake they would've been better off sticking their ass in single play story based RPG and not charging monthly fee like other MMORPG. FFXI is not a MMORPG. It's multiple instance of single playing events somehow packaged inside same space and allowing people to chat with each other.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Why limit yourself to those 2 mmorpg's? shop around a bit u may find something u like more.
    but if u goin for just those 2 i'd go Lineage2.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• SeeleSeele Member Posts: 2

you didn't answer my question... im aware of graphics etc, and i don't want to know which you prefer. My question was about the complexity of the skill systems

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Seele

Hi guys!

There is lots more then 3 skills in lineage 2 its more like morrowind in that arrow, theres not all that much customisation, about 5 different races and 3 or 4 different looks, the armour and weapons is the real customisation, you also progress down a skillclass tree thingy in lineage 2 choosing which way you want to branch out. Don't know anything about ffxi so ask someone else image

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Lineage II has no customization... When I played, everyone of the same race and same level and same class looked alike.

But I agree, the community and PvP will be the best in Lineage II. But if you're looking for roleplaying, skills, or side-things (such as a fluctuation economy, fishing, making your own house, farming, crafting, etc.), go for FFXI definately.

Black Star Deceiver kills it all.
    The sun lies waiting for a call.

-Machiavelli

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I personally love FFXI and dont think you can go wrong giving it a try.  On the other hand I will be leaving to go play Lineage 2 when it comes out. 

The customization from Lineage 2 is the best I have seen in current mmorpgs.  The large variety of different looks in clothing, armor, weapons, hair style, and large differences in races is amazing. 

The only thing that might ruin Lineage 2 for me is the pvp element.  I will enjoy the blood pledge fights but think very little of random pvp and people who participate in it.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

I have no idea what you're talking about. I played the game for three months, and all I saw was only a few different heads and hair pieces, and everyone of the same class and race had the same equipment. All dark elf fighters at level 30 had the same equipment. Maybe some of them were wearing a ring that gives them +5 mp... Damn, that's customization.

And did you know that you can't pick starting abilities? No dex, no str, nothing? Everyone has the same stats; unless you get an item, which almost everyone of your level will already have.

Like I've said before, I'm not shooting this game down completely. In fact, I'll probably play it for awhile, like I've played the first one and korean beta. But I'm just playing devil's advocate with your theories. I saw nothing of what you're saying when I played the game.

Black Star Deceiver kills it all.
    The sun lies waiting for a call.

-Machiavelli