Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Officially overwhelmed

Comments

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Overwhelmed with tree punching simulators.  Quality my ass
    thats pretty funny but from what I see the alternative is even worse then that. How many decades can the 'mainstream' keep creating the exact same limited game play game with a different title and keep you excited? well from your post it appears longer then I had assumed

How is that quest trail going for you?
    I havent played any mmo in years, but it doesnt mean I will settle for another category of crap by crap I mean these indie survival games which are also just copycat of eachother over and over just as theme park mmos.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Scorchien said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Scorchien said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Scorchien said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    So far the only change I've seen that I really like is a free play period with a game.  Being allowed to D/L and play a complete version of the game with the only restriction being time.  Game access ends after two or three hours which usually allows you to play one fifth or one fourth of the game to see if you like it.  I wish more games did this.

There are so many games out there now that I don't just buy them to see if I like them anymore.  So the next step for me is no more pay to try games.  Let me have hands on first.
    interesting.

I find the change from a game play feature set of lets say something like EQ2 to the feature set of something like lets say Imperium Galactic Survival to be huge and extremely appealing. 
    You have no interest in building or crafting in your games?

well these games have always been here like Dwarf Fortress for ex. the only advances are graphics , animations, physics , But building games have always been here , DF is still far deeper than 7Days , and dont get me wrong love 7Days been playing it for 2 years ,along with Stranded ,The Forest ,Novus Inceptio etc..(which may be the deepest of the bunch altho still rough)  But it doesnt make sense to compare the feature lists to EQ2 , they are completly different games ...
    ok I am sorry but I can not even begin to understand why one would consider a gaming experience like that in Imperium Galactic Survival would be similar to that of Dwarf Fortress.

yes...to your point...there have also always been rather deep and compelling text based adventure games to but to compare a text based deep experience with lets say Skyim is kinda missing the illustration
    said the guy who compared EQ2 feature list to 7days to Die ... go figure
    sorry I dont follow what you mean
    lmao .. go figure ...........i suspect you wouldnt
    well thanks for stopping in... i think

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    thats pretty funny but from what I see the alternative is even worse then that. How many decades can the 'mainstream' keep creating the exact same limited game play game with a different title and keep you excited? well from your post it appears longer then I had assumed

I havent played any mmo in years, but it doesnt mean I will settle for another category of crap by crap I mean these indie survival games which are also just copycat of eachother over and over just as theme park mmos.
    when I hear 'copy cat games' what I immediately think of is decades (about 20 years) of FPS games being exactly the same, I think of COD 5000, I think of MMOs being the same, I think of every E3 showing off every single game with a number at the end of the title Witcher 3.

The 'mainstream gaming industry' for a lack of a better description is the most copycat I have ever seen in multiple entertainment venues not just gaming.

If I was a cartoonist I would have a guy complaining about copycat survial games with a COD poster in the background. oh the ironical

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

when I hear 'copy cat games' what I immediately think of is decades (about 20 years) of FPS games being exactly the same, I think of COD 5000, I think of MMOs being the same, I think of every E3 showing off every single game with a number at the end of the title Witcher 3.

The 'mainstream gaming industry' for a lack of a better description is the most copycat I have ever seen in multiple entertainment venues not just gaming.

If I was a cartoonist I would have a guy complaining about copycat survial games with a COD poster in the background. oh the ironical
    I dont play competitive FPS games, anything else you want to assume?
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

what make you think I assume you did.

I am just saying when I hear someone say that I think about the all other parts of the gaming industry are far more copy cat then surival games are.

which kind of leaves the question, why are you gaming at all?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I am just saying when I hear someone say that I think about the all other parts of the gaming industry are far more copy cat then surival games are.

Just because its a sequel, doesnt mean its an exact copy.  Those survival games are almsot exact copy to the point where they have the same UI and such.  Witcher 3 is far from an exact copy of part 2 and especially part 1, it made improvements in gameplay and visuals by leaps and bounds. 
    edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Just because its a sequel, doesnt mean its an exact copy.  Those survival games are almsot exact copy to the point where they have the same UI and such.  Witcher 3 is far from an exact copy of part 2 and especially part 1, it made improvements in gameplay and visuals by leaps and bounds. 

but the squeal are.

be careful on how you respond here, now you are defending the games I am calling more of a copy cat which you early sayy you dont play.

you got yourself in a big bind at this point which is hard to get out of

leaving me with this question

what games do you playy?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

but the squeal are.

be careful on how you respond here, now you are defending the games I am calling more of a copy cat which you early sayy you dont play.

DId you play the witcher series?
    edited June 2017
    basically:

which group of games are more copycat ?

A. so called 'AAA' or 'mainstream

B. So called 'indie survial'

the answer to the quiz is A

cameltosis

edited June 2017

but the squeal are.

sorry I made my point simpliar just before you responded: basically:

B. So called 'indie survial' the

answer to the quiz is A
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/466227/officially-overwhelmed/p2#uMHkW7p9mOLOukoS.99

do you disagree?

You are the one who started accusing me of playing the same thing over and over with different titles when you are the doing the same exact thing with the indie survival games
    SEANMCAD said:

but the squeal are.

answer to the quiz is A
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/466227/officially-overwhelmed/p2#uMHkW7p9mOLOukoS.99

do you disagree?
    Here is the thing, when I did I say in the conversation that its a bad thing to copy previous game designs?  When did I say I dont play games with designs that have similar gameplay features as other?  I only responded to this:

"thats pretty funny but from what I see the alternative is even worse then that. How many decades can the 'mainstream' keep creating the exact same limited game play game with a different title and keep you excited?"

Isnt that what the developers of the survial games keep doing?
    I only responded by reminding you that the games you play are the same with a different title just as a theme park mmo.
    edited June 2017
    You are the one who started accusing me of playing the same thing over and over with different titles when you are the doing the same exact thing with the indie survival games
    SEANMCAD said:

but the squeal are.

answer to the quiz is A

do you disagree?
    Here is the thing, when I did I say in the conversation that its a bad thing to copy previous game designs?  When did I say I dont play games with designs that have similar gameplay features as other?  I only responded to this:

"thats pretty funny but from what I see the alternative is even worse then that. How many decades can the 'mainstream' keep creating the exact same limited game play game with a different title and keep you excited?"

I only responded by reminding you that the games you play are the same with a different title just as a theme park mmo.
    my question as I posted it as A or B answer is important.

anything else before that answer is ignored

so do you agree or disagree with my answer?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

but the squeal are.

answer to the quiz is A

do you disagree?

my question as I posted it as A or B answer is important.

anything else before that answer is ignored
    The answer is they are both about the same, only difference is one has good game design mroe often than the other, by other I mean not at all which are survival games.
    edited June 2017

The answer is they are both about the same, only difference is one has good game design mroe often than the other, by other I mean not at all which are survival games.
    then we disagree. surival games have only been around for about 5 years, these other copy cats have been around for decades.

lets leave it at that.

CORRECTION: they have only been around in mass for about 3 years

SEANMCAD said:

then we disagree. surival games have only been around for about 5 years, these other copy cats have been around for decades.

lets leave it at that.

And in those years every indie survival game have the exact UI and gameplay, its too funny
    SEANMCAD said:

lets leave it at that.

And in those years every indie survival game have the exact UI and gameplay, its too funny
    but again in 20 years RPGs and FPSs or (mainstream) have been exact copies of gameplay and UI as well.

my point is very basic and fundamental.

'mainstream' games have been copycat much longer and much more copycatish then survial games have been.

i understand that you disagree. I think the evidence is strong 

SEANMCAD said:

And I have no doubt they will be around longer than that using the same game assets like those DayZ zombie games.
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

lets leave it at that.

but again in 20 years RPGs and FPSs or (mainstream) have been exact copies of gameplay and UI as well.

my point is very basic and fundamental.

'mainstream' games have been copycat much longer and much more copycatish then survial games have been.

i understand that you disagree. I think the evidence is strong 
    But the difference is those games dont make you punch trees all day or tame a dinosaur for 10 hours.
    SEANMCAD said:

And I have no doubt they will be around longer than that using the same game assets like those DayZ zombie games.
    regardless, I think its very odd to call a copycat trend that has been going on for only 3 years when the vast majority of the gaming industry has been doing it for 20

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

regardless, I think its very odd to call a copycat trend that has been going on for only 3 years when the vast majority of the gaming industry has been doing it for 20
    You called it when you said this:

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

yes I know, which is why I am confused as to why we are still talking about it.

I think its silly to offhand call a style of gaming copycat that has been around for 3 years when the vast majority of the gaming industry has been doing copycat gaming MUCH longer and much more copyish

you seem to not be satisified with simply disagree with that assetment

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I think its silly to offhand call a style of gaming copycat that has been around for 3 years when the vast majority of the gaming industry has been doing copycat gaming MUCH longer and much more copyish
    Because in that 3 years its been much more rapid than any other genre.  The indie developers are just using fools to make a quick buck especially by keeping their games in early access as long as they can.  Hell even funcom joined in the party.  Ark is about to be officially released and it still looks like Alpha stage.
    Once Ark is released, the devs will probably make the same thing again with Greek Mythology or something. 
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Because in that 3 years its been much more rapid than any other genre.  The indie developers are just using fools to make a quick buck especially by keeping their games in early access as long as they can.  Hell even funcom joined in the party.  Ark is about to be officially released and it still looks like Alpha stage.
    two things

1. the rapid number is a good point but its still not outweighed by decades but it is a valid measurement to consider

2. those 'fools' as you call them are people like me. People who went from 'oh my god if I play another copy cat shooter or RPG I am going to quit gaming forever' to 'holy smokes I am having much fun'. Just like the people who play what I consider to be bland, boring, copycat water down hand holding bullshit game like them I like these survial games, I am not being a fool. I have played both. I like what I am playing I rarely ever regret my purchases.

are we done yet? because I want to go get some wine its been a long day

after a lot of back and forth on this I really boil down to one simple thing on this topic.

If you are happy with the games you play then GREAT! because I am.

If your not happy then one might want to consider to take the time to learn some of these other games I refer to. They are not super easy to dive into BUT if one is not happy with their current gaming experience it might be worth making that step. I did exactly that and I am glad for it.
    If you are think your happy with your gaming life then as soooo many posts on these forums suggest otherwise one might want to be a bit more relfective about that before they post complaints about the very gaming style they would sugggest they like when engaged with conversations with me.

I think that is my summary here