Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV - Stormblood Week 1 - Rise of the Samurai - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageFinal Fantasy XIV - Stormblood Week 1 - Rise of the Samurai - MMORPG.com

Stormblood is here! After a rough launch in which Raubahn single-handedly (see what I did there?) held up the main quest for most of us and everybody learned to queue like the British, things are finally straightening out, and we’re finally able to explore the brave new world of Othard and Ala Mhigo.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShaiapoufShaiapouf Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Actually, Samurai does have positionals. In order to get the most Kenki, your two 3 part combo enders (Gekko and Kasha) have an extra Kenki positional aspect to it. Namely, Gekko generates an extra 5 Kenki when used from the rear, and Kasha an extra 5 from the side. Which means by doing positionals you'll end up with 40 Kenki per full combo, a nice bonus for extra charges, off GCD slashes or the like which really bumps up what you can do.
    LucienRene
  • ElloaElloa Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Really cool article! I'm still leveling my first job in the Vanilla game (Dragoon), but your description of Samourai really make me want to try it!
    Community Manager for Saga of Lucimia - Twitter - Youtube -  TwichTV - ElloaNicky.com
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,056
    Will lvl it prob next week! Got my ast 70 now. And gonna play a bit of tswl

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    While I agree with everything you wrote about the Samurai (save the lack of positionals), I really wish you had not posted this article. There's TOO MANY SAMURAI!!! Everyone loves both the Samurai and the Red Mage. Some DPS ques are over an hour (mine are on Behemoth). After waiting an hour for a DPS que on Tuesday, I gave up and started leveling a healer job. I've spent the last three evenings in Palace of the Damned (PotD) leveling my White Mage. All my groups are Red Mage and Samurai. It's extrememly rare to see any other jobs in there. Per the game forums, there is dissappoitment among the healers about the changes to White Mage and Scholar. Many healers are playing other classes (Samurai & Red Mage) and the ques are borked. Now, I know you're thinking, it'll level out eventually, but I'm not so sure. Smaurai and Red Mage are THAT fun to play. I've not heard from a single person who plans on putting those classes down to go back to their mains. Just my .02 usd
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,839

While I agree with everything you wrote about the Samurai (save the lack of positionals), I really wish you had not posted this article. There's TOO MANY SAMURAI!!! Everyone loves both the Samurai and the Red Mage. Some DPS ques are over an hour (mine are on Behemoth). After waiting an hour for a DPS que on Tuesday, I gave up and started leveling a healer job. I've spent the last three evenings in Palace of the Damned (PotD) leveling my White Mage. All my groups are Red Mage and Samurai. It's extrememly rare to see any other jobs in there. Per the game forums, there is dissappoitment among the healers about the changes to White Mage and Scholar. Many healers are playing other classes (Samurai & Red Mage) and the ques are borked. Now, I know you're thinking, it'll level out eventually, but I'm not so sure. Smaurai and Red Mage are THAT fun to play. I've not heard from a single person who plans on putting those classes down to go back to their mains. Just my .02 usd

They really should have released those two separately knowing the massive hype for both lol
  • Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Well, SE succeeded in making many classes (especially healer classes) less engaging to play. In doing so, a great many people jumped ship from those classes.

Furthermore, their attempt at adding depth to existing classes seemingly failed. Classes like the Paladin's Gauge make zero sense to me. Build up oath for 1 ability (Shelltron or I guess Intervetion - if you're OT). The same goes for SCH. Lets build up a gauge so that they can do a super underwhelming heal with their faerie.

As for class retention. I also have my doubts if it will stabilize. While I don't find Red Mage fun to play (I've literally managed to get my hotkey set up on controller so that the entirety of my combat is X,B,X,B,X,B just changing how I hold the Triggers down, until my 4 part finisher), everyone I've talked to is absolutely in love with how Samurai plays - and it shows via the population of that class. It also doesn't help that in parses they're top dog on the DPS chain (poor MCH).
    LucienRene
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I am enjoying Red Mage a lot. I played a summoner and from what the MSQ has shown (have finished it) then I am not happy with the class. I have only been playing a month and more than a few parts of the MSQ I did not enjoy but have to say watching Samurai has been one that they look cool. I am sure I will try but not for a while. I do think for the most part that many of the other classes have been reduced in many ways for making things easier but not necessarily better.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,056
    edited June 2017
    Woohh didnt knew this could happen on the new server!!