Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now That the Steam Summer Sale's Here, What Are You Buying? - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I saw the sale and went on to buy Morrowind from PSN full-price instead. Yeah I'm funny like that. 
    Ohh you rebel!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Tokken said:
    Was hoping Everspace would be 50% off......
    IMHO Everspace deserves the full ticket price :) of course that is just my personal thoughts. It is an awseome game to play in short bursts.
  • goldfish35goldfish35 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    "Everything!" -Gul'dan
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    I hate it when Steam has a big sale. I always end up buying games I never have the time to play.
    wingood
  • shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Sniper Elite 4 and Torment Tides of Numera for now. But ill probably pick up more.
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2017
    A new taillight for my car.  The other person's insurance is probably going to have to pay about $5,000 for their repairs.  Five MPH bumpers may be ugly but they work.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    they have a bundle on their of Civ 6 and xcom 2 for £31 if you dont own either this is a great deal 
  • piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Bought Baldur's Gate 2 EE, Icewind Dale EE, South Park: The Stick of Truth and Shadow of Mordor.

on the fence about Tyranny and Torment:Tide of Numenera. For Tyraany the reason is that being a bad guy doesn't appeal to me that much. I heard combat sucks in Torment and that is pretty important to me.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Nothing.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited June 2017
    Tiller said:
    laxie said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Hefaistos said:
    Also this game seems Epic. Half the price down, almost.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/553280/Stellaris_Utopia/
    i have had my eye on that as well. 
    Amazing game - similar to Civilisation in many ways, but in real time.
    It has pretty elaborate politics and citizen mechanics. You people can migrate between your planets. Similarly, stomping over another civilisation and assimilating their race is not always best, because your own people may conflict with the immigrants.

Good fun overall. Playing it reminds me of Star Trek a little, with all the exploration and strange civilisations.
    Paradox pulled a Rockstar and raised the prices of their games to profit off the summer sale, then rolled them back after people complained, well kinda. The prices can not be changed till after the summer sale. Not sure if I can support that shit.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

I guess I am too rich to care.

Game play and my game play experience is far more important that price. most of the time when I buy a game I could not even tell you how much I paid for it 3 seconds later
    laserit

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Is Guardians of Ember worth $13? I know it's still in EA, but just wondering if I should pick it up while it's 50% off or if it's still horribly broken and unplayable. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/463680/Guardians_of_Ember/

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Is Guardians of Ember worth $13? I know it's still in EA, but just wondering if I should pick it up while it's 50% off or if it's still horribly broken and unplayable. 

generally speaking you can tell if a game might have issues by reading community reviews and input but usually you can never get enough confidence to say its 'horribly broken and unplayable' without having actually tried it. 
    Reason i say that is because people often rant and rage and flat out lie because they dont get what they want.

HOWEVER, you can get a pretty good idea of its general state.

does that make sense?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SEANMCAD said:
    Tiller said:
    laxie said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Hefaistos said:

It has pretty elaborate politics and citizen mechanics. You people can migrate between your planets. Similarly, stomping over another civilisation and assimilating their race is not always best, because your own people may conflict with the immigrants.

Good fun overall. Playing it reminds me of Star Trek a little, with all the exploration and strange civilisations.
    Paradox pulled a Rockstar and raised the prices of their games to profit off the summer sale, then rolled them back after people complained, well kinda. The prices can not be changed till after the summer sale. Not sure if I can support that shit.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

Game play and my game play experience is far more important that price. most of the time when I buy a game I could not even tell you how much I paid for it 3 seconds later
    Inheritance?

People who have earned their fortunes the hard way, tend to care very much about price.

Not remembering what you payed for something 3 seconds later? I'd go see a doctor if I were you. Sounds like Alzheimer's may be setting in. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

edited June 2017
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Tiller said:
    laxie said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Hefaistos said:

Inheritance?

People who have earned their fortunes the hard way, tend to care very much about price.

Not remembering what you payed for something 3 seconds later? I'd go see a doctor if I were you. Sounds like Alzheimer's may be setting in. 
    no I just dont buy games randomly. I only buy when I know I am going to play and am really interested. plus the type of games I buy are generally cheap by default, plus yes by most peoples standards I am loaded with cash because I have a lifetime of not spending much money because I dont feel a desire too so I have been saving for decades and almost retired.

That said even 20 years ago I dont think I would sweat spending $120 a a year on games instead of $220 on games, I have NEVER been that broke

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Image result for steam summer sale meme
    ConstantineMeruswingood
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I'm probably going to go with Neir Automita for those times when I need a break from Stormblood.
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:

generally speaking you can tell if a game might have issues by reading community reviews and input but usually you can never get enough confidence to say its 'horribly broken and unplayable' without having actually tried it. 
    Reason i say that is because people often rant and rage and flat out lie because they dont get what they want.

does that make sense?

Yeah I did that and the Recent are "Mostly Positive" which makes me thing I should take a shot at it. However, I know when it first released it was pretty bad. Maybe I just do it for $13 lol.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:

does that make sense?

Yeah I did that and the Recent are "Mostly Positive" which makes me thing I should take a shot at it. However, I know when it first released it was pretty bad. Maybe I just do it for $13 lol.
    Torval has it. Drop him a line

In my opinion the game works okay and both Insel and RuneWaker keep putting effort into and patching things. Whether you like the game or think it's decent is another story. It has its flaws and it has its charms. It feels a bit rough and not AAA, but there are things I like about it.

I don't play it much right now, but it's still installed and it gets some air time occasionally. It would be best played in a duo or trio in my opinion. Here's where it fits in my loosely ranked list:

Top - Diablo 3, Victor Vran, Marvel Heroes
    Middle - Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
    Bottom - Grim Dawn, Torchlight II, Guardians of Ember

Thanks!!!! 

Playing Marvel Heroes Omega right now. Will be playing D3 next season. Played through Victor Vran last Steam sale, lol. 

I have all 3 Van Helsing on my wish list, but haven't pulled the trigger. Do you recommend all 3? Or is Final Cut the only worthy one? 

Grim Dawn is done. Torchlight 2 I have about an hour in. 

So I guess maybe I just buy the 3 van helsing and GoE and knock 4 items off my wishlist lol

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    piquet said:
    Bought Baldur's Gate 2 EE, Icewind Dale EE, South Park: The Stick of Truth and Shadow of Mordor.

on the fence about Tyranny and Torment:Tide of Numenera. For Tyrany the reason is that being a bad guy doesn't appeal to me that much. I heard combat sucks in Torment and that is pretty important to me.
    tyranny is not all about evil really, you can go all round evil but you can do some good, of course sometimes you will have to choose the lesser evil, but its nothing out of the norm the evil overlord become just a normal politician, and belive or not he did some good during his reign, taht is the whole point I recommend, even more with the expansion now, I will wait some more time before I get to it, but looks nice

for torment, combat is not bad, only then combat is optional, everything you do can be done in a way you could evade combat(save for some rare instances or maybe I couldn't figure out) but yes in a way combat was a second thought , it could be better? it could, but for torment you really need to read or you will miss things, if you like planescape:torment chances are you will like this one, if you are willing give it a chance.
    [Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Torval said:
    If you don't have Victor Vran, Van Helsing Final Cut, or Grim Dawn I would recommend them first (in that order).

Victor Vran is $10 (50% off) right now. It does have 2 DLCs (Fractured Worlds and a Motorhead tribute) that aren't required and aren't discounted this sale.

Van Helsing Final Cut is 80% off right now and $9. It contains VH 1 - 3 packaged together. It has mixed reviews but I think it's pretty excellent and a different twist on a traditional theme. The game has a couple bugs (one being multiplayer on GoG) and the dev is slow to fix them, but they're minor and they do patch the game at intervals.

Grim Dawn is a D2 clone with an uninspired skill tree system, but fun game play and a cool story. The class system is interesting. Limited respecs mean occasional rerolls which is frustrating. They do put effort into the game and seem to have fixed a lot of their network issues. GD is 50% off ($12.50) and has a couple DLC that are at slight discount.

Thanks! I was going to pick up Van Helsing 1-3 separately. I didn't see Final Cut. I appreciate that. 

I've done Victor Vran already, and it was pretty excellent. I did Grim Dawn too, and it was worth a playthrough, but I agree that it was mostly meh after that. 

[Deleted User]

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I broke down and bought an ESO bundle with Tamerial and Morrowind.  I also picked up a couple of non-MMORPGs, Talisman and Serpent in the Staghorns.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

edited June 2017
    Torval said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Torval said:
    If you don't have Victor Vran, Van Helsing Final Cut, or Grim Dawn I would recommend them first (in that order).

Victor Vran is $10 (50% off) right now. It does have 2 DLCs (Fractured Worlds and a Motorhead tribute) that aren't required and aren't discounted this sale.

Van Helsing Final Cut is 80% off right now and $9. It contains VH 1 - 3 packaged together. It has mixed reviews but I think it's pretty excellent and a different twist on a traditional theme. The game has a couple bugs (one being multiplayer on GoG) and the dev is slow to fix them, but they're minor and they do patch the game at intervals.

Grim Dawn is a D2 clone with an uninspired skill tree system, but fun game play and a cool story. The class system is interesting. Limited respecs mean occasional rerolls which is frustrating. They do put effort into the game and seem to have fixed a lot of their network issues. GD is 50% off ($12.50) and has a couple DLC that are at slight discount.

Thanks! I was going to pick up Van Helsing 1-3 separately. I didn't see Final Cut. I appreciate that. 

I've done Victor Vran already, and it was pretty excellent. I did Grim Dawn too, and it was worth a playthrough, but I agree that it was mostly meh after that. 

If you do get VH:Final Cut let me know if account login works on Steam. It's so cheap I might pick it up on Steam just so I can do multi-player. Poor GoG always gets stuff fixed a month or two after Steam.

Bought! Got GoE as well. ALMOST made it under $20 CAD.....assuming I don't cave and buy something else. 

Just as an aside, I got my email confirmation and it said "Thank you for your Steam purchase" which I actually read with an evil tone and added muahahahaha to the end. 
    [Deleted User]

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Torval said:
    For Van Helsing online play you need to create an account at the developer site and then log in with it in game. That hasn't worked on GoG Galaxy at all. So if that works for you on Steam then I'll probably get it on Steam so I can save my online progress.

Ok, maybe I'll give that a shot and let you know.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2017
    Massive card drop issues at the moment. People logged in yesterday, got 13 cards then they went into some widespread deficit where you get no cards for purchases, sometimes you get your daily cards other times you don't and the card drop progress bar is stuck at -. The sticker quests seem to be bugged as well. Lets hope they fix it.  xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter