Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ur clock is off

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

by like 6 mins

hehe

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    It was off by 4 minutes.  That is odd too becuase the server is synchronizing the time every week using the Windows Internet Time service...hmm.....

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

yea according to the school clock it is 4 mins off

i realy dunno...

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    I use AtomTime,  I've used this program for years.  I believe it's better then the XP sync version.

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

i really don't know what that is..

elaboration is needed in this area

If I used another program it would need to be able to run as a Windows service.  This is because servers are never logged in...they just sit at the login screen.  So programs like AtomTime that run in your system tray require that a user be logged into the machine to run.

The really odd thing is how this clock is drifting 4-6 minutes in just a few days.

Who knows, maybe I will just write my own program that runs as a service and updates the system clock ever couple hours or something.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256

I've noticed over the years that Windows is a lousy timekeeper. If your system is under a heavy enough load your clock could be off by HOURS per week!

What's stopping you from updating the clock daily?

------- END TRANSMISSION

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by maimeekrai

I've noticed over the years that Windows is a lousy timekeeper. If your system is under a heavy enough load your clock could be off by HOURS per week!

Well it's Microsoft...what do you expect?  Something to work right? image

I don't know what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    ~Albert Einstein

Originally posted by maimeekrai

You mean updating the clock manually daily?  Just that it is a pain.  It is a remotely located server.  Actually windows does not do the timekeeping...that is handled by your motherboards internal clock...windows just relays that data and adjusts it.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256

I thought you said you had a service running to update the time? That can't be set for daily updating?

Believe me, I'm not trying to make your life harder. I'm just trying to help... image

------- END TRANSMISSION

Well, it is a natural part of Windows 2003 Server.  However I don't see a setting there for interval.  Perhaps there is a setting in the system registry...I would just need to do some Google searching to find out :)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -