Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's a Trade Route and how do I get one?

blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
What are these Trades Routes people keep talking about and how do I establish one?  Richard keeps talking about player established Trade Routes and I still have no idea what he's talking about.  When anyone wants to trade in game, they teleport to your vendor or you chat and they send money to PayPal and then teleport to you or meet on the overland for a trade.  What the hell is a trade route?

During a Reddit AMA earlier today, Richard had this to say...

"We have whole guilds in the game now which are arbitraging resource values and running their own trade routs and methods. They weigh in all the time, when we change the ease of difficulty of any of their own routes we didn't even know existed."

What is he talking about?  There's even a follow-up thread on the official forums with people trying to figure this out.

Anyone?

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    He's probably talking about the whales who sell their pledge rewards for massive amounts of gold, buy up crafting resources, and then shop them around on different markets to make in-game profit from real-life money.
    LeFantomeRawyn

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    edited June 2017
    He's probably talking about the whales who sell their pledge rewards for massive amounts of gold, buy up crafting resources, and then shop them around on different markets to make in-game profit from real-life money.

Maybe, I think maybe he's making things up about the game to temp folks into buying it.  Portalarium mods have already locked one thread where he was called out for taking too many liberties when describing game mechanics - it was even covered by Kotaku.

Fans also raised issue with some of the features described on the new funding page. “What choices? What changes? What game are they describing?” wrote a poster on the game’s forums. “Establish trade routes? Conquer a town? In what game?”

From what I know/remember about the game, the only trade going on is checking out a NPC merchant or one of the clone army player vendors; unless he's talking about how every player logs in and goes to the same spot to grind, and then goes to the same vendor/merchant to buy/sell; that's not really a trade route though but trade route sounds a lot better than soul crushing grind.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I think that there's a very good chance that even he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Rawynblorpykins