Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The PVP in this game is horrid

2»

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

cconroy11 said:

So I reached lvl 40 on my guardian, game is OK so far... decided to try some pvp, and promptly barfed!
    Gear has no effect on pvp.
    Not only do you have to kill someone, you have to then, fend off there team while you try to ram a flag into their body, effectively killing them...again...all while they are able to hit with weird little attacks while laying on the floor.
    This promotes zerging, lack of skill, and its just fucking weird....it literally ruined the game for me.

Still not sure what the criticism of the pvp in GW2 actually is. Of the two points you mention (gear and stomping), the normalized gear is a huge plus (probably the best thing about the game) and while some people don't like the stomp mechanic, it actually allows for some of the best clinch moments and exciting game turnarounds.

Both these factors (normalized gear and downstate) do the exact opposite of what you claim: in fact it makes zerging a bad strategy and promotes extremely skilled game play.
    Realizerbcbully
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I'm not a fan, though I played a lot back around launch. To each his own I guess.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PinoXPinoX Member UncommonPosts: 71
    It only took slightly over 2 weeks since the last WvW update for this to pop up:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6i8a99/what_is_wrong_with_wvw_and_how_to_fix_it/
    Band aid patch is peeling off fast.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited June 2017
    It felt like nothing in the entire game had any depth when I last played around launch. I liked the mesmer class but everything I did felt like it did not progress anything so I stopped playing.

Other than a unique name and maybe outfit it also felt like every player was essentially the same, similar to a moba.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    PinoX said:
    It only took slightly over 2 weeks since the last WvW update for this to pop up:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6i8a99/what_is_wrong_with_wvw_and_how_to_fix_it/
    The daily long queues to WvW tell otherwise.

..Cake..

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    Yeah I was thinking about going back to GW2 for awhile but the game hasn't seen many improvements.

. No in game boss timers on spawns per map showing when and what time they spawn (Not including external API's or timers.)

. Cheaters or people who can go afk and farm all day without using 3rd party programs / hacks, I could basically use the automatic farming Necromancer method, and as long as I am there to look at my whispers every 5 minutes for a gm while watching Game OF Thrones all day I won't get banned for letting game play be automated. I think this unbalances the game and the economy too much.

. PVP Does seem to get boring after awhile I liked Guild Wars PVP more than in Guild Wars 2

Bored waiting for AOC / Crow Fall to come out.
  • PinoXPinoX Member UncommonPosts: 71
    edited June 2017
    sgel said:
    PinoX said:
    The daily long queues to WvW tell otherwise.
    I'm not saying it's not popular right now.
    My point was, the flaws of WvW starting to creep back into players mind again and it didn't take long. Go through the reddit comments, there are lots of good and valid points being made.
    The new carrot (reward system) is still quite fresh, so naturally it's still crowded. Only during NA peak time though. Oceanic is meh, especially weekdays.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     If we all had a dollar for every PvP newb that gets owned and cries about it, we could make our own MMO. 

Seriously though you don't have to "ram a flag" to finish them, Get Gud. 
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    At launch everyone thought this game would be an esport lol. There's definitely skill involved but it's overshadowed by the extreme inaccessibility and utter chaos. GW2 pvp feels like 20 people being dropped into a 5x5 mexican prison cell with 1 shank to fight over.
    PinoX
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    At launch everyone thought this game would be an esport lol. There's definitely skill involved but it's overshadowed by the extreme inaccessibility and utter chaos. GW2 pvp feels like 20 people being dropped into a 5x5 mexican prison cell with 1 shank to fight over.
    The original Guild Wars felt more like an Esports game, GW2 was better graphics wise somewhat but still will be nothing like the original.
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Are bots hyping this game or something? GW2 was/is one of the most trivial and craptastic games  I've ever played. Horrid PvP. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It's just slightly better than the secret world pvp...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Dakeru said:
    So you are complaining about a design decision that has been this way for 4 years?
    Good thing you shared your opinion with us.

Better late than never.
    Even better...never.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    You failed at killing a downed player, not the game!

It really sounds more like you are in fact a terrible PvP player. You obviously do not know your surroundings enough to justify using your FINISHER.

The same game mechanics are available to everyone one else you just failed at when to execute them.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    YashaX said:

cconroy11 said:

So I reached lvl 40 on my guardian, game is OK so far... decided to try some pvp, and promptly barfed!
    Gear has no effect on pvp.
    Not only do you have to kill someone, you have to then, fend off there team while you try to ram a flag into their body, effectively killing them...again...all while they are able to hit with weird little attacks while laying on the floor.
    This promotes zerging, lack of skill, and its just fucking weird....it literally ruined the game for me.

Still not sure what the criticism of the pvp in GW2 actually is. Of the two points you mention (gear and stomping), the normalized gear is a huge plus (probably the best thing about the game) and while some people don't like the stomp mechanic, it actually allows for some of the best clinch moments and exciting game turnarounds.

Both these factors (normalized gear and downstate) do the exact opposite of what you claim: in fact it makes zerging a bad strategy and promotes extremely skilled game play.
    You said it best!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I still can't stop laughing at the OP of this thread.

"Not only do you have to kill someone, you have to then, fend off there team while you try to ram a flag into their body, effectively killing them...again...all while they are able to hit with weird little attacks while laying on the floor."

lol
    Dakeru
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter