Posted today on Blizzard's Career page.
Production Director, Unannounced Project
"Production Director, Unannounced Project
Production Director roles at Blizzard Entertainment do not come around often, nor does the opportunity to lead the developers of one of the industry’s bestselling, genre-defining RPGs of all-time -- Diablo!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Production Director to bring the Diablo franchise into the future. We’re looking for a well-practiced producer, deeply familiar with the art of game development, our industry, and the AAA environment. The right fit for this position must have the veteran experience and leadership skills to continue keeping the team speeding along, harnessing their creativity, relentlessly clearing the way forward, all the while maintaining clear and constant communication with stakeholders throughout the organization. We believe that for the right person this can be a career-defining opportunity. We’re hoping to hear from the select few that meet the requirements and possess the track record, leadership, and culture fit needed to make an immediate impact on the team. If you share our passion for making the best gaming experiences possible, and are excited by the challenge of helping shape and evolve a world-class development team bursting with energy and imagination, then reach out and let’s talk!
- Direct game production while successfully partnering with other functional teams, such as finance, marketing, licensing, international, quality assurance, and customer service to deliver an epic gaming experience.
- Lead production in project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, setting appropriate priorities, task tracking, and problem solving.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership, and internal support organizations.
- Create and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- Work with international regions to ensure relevant teams have an understanding of market conditions, challenges, player behaviors, and rollout strategies.
- Involved in P&L, forecasting, budgeting, and business design.
- Direct strategic analysis of market trends and competition.
- Coach, and guide the rest of the production team toward achieving their career goals.
- Stakeholder in studio level strategy, and provide an active voice in resolving global issues.
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video games
- Shipped multiple AAA products
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to grow, guide, and produce large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment, and manage multiple complex projects with various groups, such as creative development, marketing, legal, development teams, etc.
- Experience formulating product messaging and marketing plans, as well as experience with a wide range of business models and monetization methods
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- A passion/interest for developing online video games
Massive multiplayer game development experience
- Strong knowledge of the software / game market and platforms
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in working at Blizzard and specifically Diablo
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered. "
So ! That "Massive Multiplayer game development experience" Pluses .... I LOVE IT!
What do you think ?
Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!