Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    This forum sucks. Are you guys really this incompetent?

Immediately after I log in, I am greeted with a blank webpage or possibly an error page and the url is something like 

http://forums.mmorpg.com/target

I don't have flash installed..
    I don't have webRtc enabled..
    I don't like 3rd party cookies..
    I don't like imposing ads that might as well be a vector for attacks for all I know
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    It is REALLY important to me to see the date when a post was made.It is hard to access how meaningful a post is with out it.
    The date is displayed below the user's post count in the left column.
  • NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Since the change of the forums, I've become unable to change my location in my profile. On top of that, there is no longer a link anywhere offering to edit your current profile, and you have to resort to typing: http://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/edit to access the editor. I hope that these two issues can be fixed.
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • georgesmashgeorgesmash Member CommonPosts: 1
    Dakeru said:

I think the private messages have been bugged for a while now.

I always keep getting this popup telling me I forgot to fill in the captcha although I didn't even try to send anything yet.

I'm think too!

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    One feature I wanted but was unable to find, is the ability to mark a single thread as Viewed.  I looked at it once, long ago and it now shows 240 additional comments.  I've no interest in that thread anymore, but the Thread Has New Content tried to bring my attention to it again and again.

The only Thread View applies to the entire forum.  Some granularity would be appreciated.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    First of all, using Chrome on Win10, but appears issue is also on Chrome OS X.

Two issues related to Agree/Awesome/etc buttons on a post

The first deals with posts that I have made. I can see if someone has clicked something, and it appears there's a little icon that's supposed to indicate what they clicked, but I'm old with tired eyes and I can't differentiate between them. Before it would just pop up the button with a click count, and if I rolled over the button, it showed me who clicked it. Now I can't see the buttons at all (I do realize the buttons only appear on rollover now, they don't show up at all for posts I have made), and I just get a few of these icons.

Second, those icons. For posts from other people, when they don't have a signature or there is no Edit flag (like in the above picture) -- the icons overlap the text of the thread.

KyleranVrikabartoni33timtrackScotchUp
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I just noticed the ignore list as been severely limited, only 5 ignores available...
    Could you restore a much higher value please? Like at least 50ish?

I'd say get rid of the ignore list.  It is more social that way.
    KyleranRidelynn
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    waynejr2 said:
    I just noticed the ignore list as been severely limited, only 5 ignores available...

Foul, forced grouping is unfair. ;)
    waynejr2Ridelynn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    waynejr2 said:

Foul, forced grouping is unfair. ;)

They could a setting for each user that opts out of being on a ignore lists!
    Ridelynn
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Please move text up a line so it isn't covered by these unnecessary reaction icons.
    bartoni33

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    I don't get alerts and newsletters for quite some time now. The last one has been the Jan 31, 2017. I tried to unsub, close everything relogg and sub again. I don't get any more mails from mmorpg.com
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Nyctelios said:
    I just got 3 years badge. I know you guys must be fixing it and could be a temporary thing, just to warn you guys that this acc does not have even that amount of time, so Idk, must be an error.
    Same here. Aug 2015 to today is definitely not 3 years. Not even half. 
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Joined February, 7th 2017 got 3 years badge lol
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Joined June 2004...just got my 3 year badge....yeah...
    Kyleran

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well I joined in 2006 and am up to a five year badge.

Oh yes, and "1000" posts badges as well. (maybe that's for all of the LOLs @gdemami gave me on the old site?) ;)
    waynejr2bartoni33

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    What about a 10, 11, 12, 13 ... years badge? Would this qualify to get alerts and newsletters? :p
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Ookay so my badges and reactions all reset to zero.. I know you guys are doing stuff but just thought I'd mention. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited June 2017
    Recently changed my name which seems to have reset all my badges, then redistributed only some of them.  I joined December 2005 but only received up to the 5 year badge.  Previously had Ancient.  Or maybe the name change was incidental and I just didn't notice the badges disappeared?  Since others have the same issue this may be the case.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    When typing a post, hitting Enter does nothing.  It doesn't advance me to the next line.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I notice that when i respond or post in the forums now and someone comes along and agrees or clicks one of the buttons on the bottom, I cant tell what they did because all i see in my post at the bottom left corner is the "Quote button and the first couple of pictures are buried under it.
  • kacongmaniakacongmania Member CommonPosts: 1
    I'm using Google Chrome.

EDIT: If you edit your post, and toggle full page, you get black text on black backround./EDIT
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/438132/post-new-forum-bugs-issues-here#5x15qq5vU4CiQwtU.99

• renjorenjo Member CommonPosts: 2
    babe togo mogo
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    edited July 2017
    Ridelynn said:
    First of all, using Chrome on Win10, but appears issue is also on Chrome OS X.

Two issues related to Agree/Awesome/etc buttons on a post

The first deals with posts that I have made. I can see if someone has clicked something, and it appears there's a little icon that's supposed to indicate what they clicked, but I'm old with tired eyes and I can't differentiate between them. Before it would just pop up the button with a click count, and if I rolled over the button, it showed me who clicked it. Now I can't see the buttons at all (I do realize the buttons only appear on rollover now, they don't show up at all for posts I have made), and I just get a few of these icons.

Second, those icons. For posts from other people, when they don't have a signature or there is no Edit flag (like in the above picture) -- the icons overlap the text of the thread.

This has been there for a while now. It's a super easy fix to at least stop the overlapping, then you can fix the fundamental problem later if you want:

.MessageList .Item-BodyWrap .Message {
      padding: 10px 45px 60px 10px;
    }

For anyone who wants it fixed, use a custom css browser extension and just add the code above for this domain.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    We need Text Colors.

• mkguru315mkguru315 Member CommonPosts: 1

We recently moved over to open source Vanilla forums. If you are experiencing any issues, please post them here.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/categories#SX8a7xfwsDU7r0j5.99