Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stormblood Launch Trailer Ramps Up the Hype - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    JudgeUK said:
    Dragnelus said:
    JudgeUK said:
    "Fair enough. Just don't be too hard on them. I'm sure they'll get close ;-)"

Still my main mmo and I'm sure they'll sort out these hiccups pretty quickly, particularly on the unwelcome pairing down of the whm skill set. Bit disappointed but see how we go.

However, it appears that others aren't so patient, or tolerant with this class's adjustment :-) currently running at 258 pages - and this is the consolidated thread with duplicates removed.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/325411-Consolidated-White-Mage-4.0-Feedback-Thread
    Just wait till pre patch notes and till you try it at lvl 70. The pax build was really old. So there could have been some changes. For example cure 2 gives a 100% lilly. I think its still a strong healer but with the skills now it can be boring. 
    Well the live letter took place, and - due to the situation I've already outlined here - was a no win scenario for Yoshi P and the team.

Basically he was left trying to tell people to calm down, wait and see. - And you can imagine how effective that was to people who have been really concerned, and it's fair to say significantly upset, in regard to the skimming off of the whm skills, (plus change to other classes). But whm is seen to have taken the biggest hit).

All it's done is raised more concerns in the healer forum about the lack of any up to date information. Cementing views against any of the Stormblood changes to the whm, with players now suggesting the entire lily system needs to be scrapped and a complete re-think of any whm adjustments.

This situation is exactly what I was commenting on in my original post here. It all stemmed from publishing what turned out to be out of date information, but with enough shown to cause eruptions in regard to pairing down of a popular healing class, plus the utterly awful introduction of rng into it's healing mechanics.
    I've focused on the whm, as that has taken the biggest hit by far with what's been shown, hence the eruption in posts. But it's not the only class changes to cause concern on the forum.

Simply telling people to calm down wait and see just isn't going to cut it now. Not after the confused, and it has to be said, somewhat alarming class information they've shown to the player base.

It has been handled really poorly - and now I'm afraid, they are reaping what they have sown.

Shadowflare and Bane got destoryed.  Scholar 4 man dps is absolutely pepperonis at the moment, which is a bit worrisome if they're adding a higher tier of 4 man content.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    JudgeUK said:
    Dragnelus said:
    JudgeUK said:

Still my main mmo and I'm sure they'll sort out these hiccups pretty quickly, particularly on the unwelcome pairing down of the whm skill set. Bit disappointed but see how we go.

However, it appears that others aren't so patient, or tolerant with this class's adjustment :-) currently running at 258 pages - and this is the consolidated thread with duplicates removed.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/325411-Consolidated-White-Mage-4.0-Feedback-Thread
    Just wait till pre patch notes and till you try it at lvl 70. The pax build was really old. So there could have been some changes. For example cure 2 gives a 100% lilly. I think its still a strong healer but with the skills now it can be boring. 
    Well the live letter took place, and - due to the situation I've already outlined here - was a no win scenario for Yoshi P and the team.

Basically he was left trying to tell people to calm down, wait and see. - And you can imagine how effective that was to people who have been really concerned, and it's fair to say significantly upset, in regard to the skimming off of the whm skills, (plus change to other classes). But whm is seen to have taken the biggest hit).

All it's done is raised more concerns in the healer forum about the lack of any up to date information. Cementing views against any of the Stormblood changes to the whm, with players now suggesting the entire lily system needs to be scrapped and a complete re-think of any whm adjustments.

This situation is exactly what I was commenting on in my original post here. It all stemmed from publishing what turned out to be out of date information, but with enough shown to cause eruptions in regard to pairing down of a popular healing class, plus the utterly awful introduction of rng into it's healing mechanics.
    I've focused on the whm, as that has taken the biggest hit by far with what's been shown, hence the eruption in posts. But it's not the only class changes to cause concern on the forum.

Simply telling people to calm down wait and see just isn't going to cut it now. Not after the confused, and it has to be said, somewhat alarming class information they've shown to the player base.

It has been handled really poorly - and now I'm afraid, they are reaping what they have sown.
    Lillies have a 100% chance with cure 2. Confession stacks or forgot the name got 20%. But would be op of its 100%. 

Healings seems ok. Dps seems good. Utilities compared to other classes seems bad. It just seems boring just spamming cure and cure 2 for stacks.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/31/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-preview-the-healers/

Tbh just wait and lets see.. we only have the old builds. Ast aspected benefit is also 250% in e3 build instead of 300% from the other event.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Dragnelus said:
    JudgeUK said:
    Dragnelus said:
    JudgeUK said:

Lillies have a 100% chance with cure 2. Confession stacks or forgot the name got 20%. But would be op of its 100%. 

Healings seems ok. Dps seems good. Utilities compared to other classes seems bad. It just seems boring just spamming cure and cure 2 for stacks.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/31/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-preview-the-healers/

Tbh just wait and lets see.. we only have the old builds. Ast aspected benefit is also 250% in e3 build instead of 300% from the other event.

With the addition of lillies and confession stacks I think they're trying to focus White Mage into a healer that just heals, without adding to DPS. The problem is they're not going to be able to incentivize just healing. They need to force it or move on. The player base now has the expectation of bringing damage, not just heals. They need to at least add some group utility to White Mage to make up for the cure spam or players will riot.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    The forum post on whm has been re-ignited with the obviously insufficient 'calm down' response. Players have jumped on the lack of any real detail about the whm class at end level, increasing the dissatisfaction with the class changes.

My personal feelings are they have dropped the ball with the whm. It's one thing studiously balancing a class against content on a spreadsheet, but that misses out the main reason why people play a specific class.

They play it because they enjoy it, because it is fun and interesting. Because it is an interesting challenge in the game.

The changes to the whm have ignored this primary fundamental completely.
    Needing to spam a skill, whether it's needed or not -  and more likely the latter - just to get a proc of an utterly underwhelming class ability is an extremely poorly thought out mechanic.

It is ok saying they want the whm to be the pure healer - but this ignores two basic concepts.
    Fun which I have already mentioned, and secondly group utility - which has been completely stripped from the whm.

Considering the time they have had to introduce class changes, I feel they have dropped below their normally high standards, and by quite a margin. Whether they can recover player confidence in time for Stormblood launch is doubtful. The old saying about trust being slow to gain and quick to lose is entirely apt here.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited June 2017
    Half the games combat mechanics are piss-poorly thought out so this is not exactly new for them. Right now Whm honestly offers the least to a party, and its going to get even worse in stormblood. This is how I see it myself. Yoshi has kinda backed himself into a corner by getting players used to healers dpsing during fights. So how he has to work around this.

Me? I quit ff14 not to long ago and stormblood won't bring me back as I am only at lv 52 in the HW storyline and I ain't in the mood to sit thru the boring as shit long ass questline just so I can finally after maybe a week access the stormblood stuff. Sorry but I find quests in ff14 horribly boring, time is better spent grinding dungeons if you need exp, or potd. I did hear the HW storyline is actually good, but I cba to go thru the boring quests which is like 80% filler that could get rid of entirely so I can access stormblood.
    Noxeron

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

JudgeUK said:
    The forum post on whm has been re-ignited with the obviously insufficient 'calm down' response. Players have jumped on the lack of any real detail about the whm class at end level, increasing the dissatisfaction with the class changes.

My personal feelings are they have dropped the ball with the whm. It's one thing studiously balancing a class against content on a spreadsheet, but that misses out the main reason why people play a specific class.

They play it because they enjoy it, because it is fun and interesting. Because it is an interesting challenge in the game.

The changes to the whm have ignored this primary fundamental completely.
    Needing to spam a skill, whether it's needed or not -  and more likely the latter - just to get a proc of an utterly underwhelming class ability is an extremely poorly thought out mechanic.

It is ok saying they want the whm to be the pure healer - but this ignores two basic concepts.
    Fun which I have already mentioned, and secondly group utility - which has been completely stripped from the whm.

Considering the time they have had to introduce class changes, I feel they have dropped below their normally high standards, and by quite a margin. Whether they can recover player confidence in time for Stormblood launch is doubtful. The old saying about trust being slow to gain and quick to lose is entirely apt here.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5RYol

E3 white mage skills

edited June 2017

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

Selzyr said:

I really want to get into FFXIV, but idk, something doesn't feel right when I play it...

If you're a PC gamer like me aka keyboard&mouse gamer, then it's probably the feeling of a console port you get. It still baffles me to this day why they don't have different UI mechanics for PC users that are the same as in all other PC MMORPGs. As game devs, Japanese seem so stubborn.

Cheers.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SUMMON PATCH NOTES ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited June 2017
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5RYol

E3 white mage skills

Interesting to quote this, as a further look just goes to show how many of the class exclusives where taken away and dumped into the everyone gets them cross role category.

Now the whm has to use up cross role ability slots - just to get back what they had as standard class skills.

Stone IV - honestly we've mastered throwing rocks at people by now, been doing it for 60 levels. But hey, we got a rock.
    Thin Air - free MP with a 2 min cd. Useful for spamming holy, but it's mp recovery that healers really focus on.

Now to the crux of the skills list - the whm lost skills, a number of them. Leaving it without group utility benefits that the other two classes can bring to the party. What did we get?
    Lilies - traditionally put on gravestones. This straight from the forum:
    "The problem with lilies is that, as a system, it is not engaging in any way whatsoever. Your only way to interact with it is to spam your inefficient GCD heals and not use any oGCDs that are affected by it until you get 3 lilies. Then you'll be "rewarded" with 20% recast reduction on one ability. Or you can put a slightly better stoneskin on someone with a 60s cooldown. Yay.

There's no fun to be had here. Nothing to think about. Disable the lily bar UI and you'll not even play any differently, tbh. That's how awful it is."

And it sums up the whm after the multi-skill removals. Probably able to do the job. But dull as ditch water and other healers bring far more to the group.