Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest "Next" = CANCELED. Bless Online = CANCELED. Lineage Eternal = Dev Team Replaced. COME ON!

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
edited June 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Is there any Open World MMO in the making that has not yet been released?

EverQuest "Next"
- Being a longtime fan of the EQ series, I couldn't wait. I even purchased the "big" package for that horrid EverQuest Landmark... After years of waiting... CANCELED.

Lineage Eternal - Couldn't wait for this game. A top-down hack-n-slash that's a full-blown MMO?! Sweet! After years of waiting... DEVELOPMENT TEAM HAS RECENTLY / COMPLETELY BEEN REPLACED...

Bless Online - Where are the NA Open World MMOs? I have to rely on Korea to produce them... I couldn't wait for Bless Online... After years of waiting... CANCELED.

Lost Ark - After a long time of waiting... Any news? SIGH.

Post edited by Dauzqul on
Phrytime007SirBalinMrMonolitas

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    "I'm...always chasing rainbows.." AC
    RelampagoLucienReneHatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Dauzqul said:
    EverQuest "Next" - Being a longtime fan of the EQ series, I couldn't wait. I even purchased the "big" package for that horrid EverQuest Landmark... After years of waiting... CANCELED.

Lineage Eternal - Couldn't wait for this game. A top-down hack-n-slash that's a full-blown MMO?! Sweet! After years of waiting... DEVELOPMENT TEAM HAS RECENTLY / COMPLETELY BEEN REPLACED...

Bless Online - Where are the NA Open World MMOs? I have to rely on Korea to produce them... I couldn't wait for Bless Online... After years of waiting... CANCELED.

You friend, have what I call, a "bad picker".

I usually say this to people about relationships. You know, the people who consistently pick people who aren't right for them but they just keep doing it for "some reasons".

Luckily for you these are just games.

KyleranxyzercrimeRelampagowaynejr2[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonEronakisThunder073[Deleted User]LucienReneand 9 others.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I had a friend like you and he had the same exact luck... eventually, he quit MMOs for good and moved on to space-themed PC games. As for myself, I just see what comes up, play it for a while, learn a few things and move on to the next. Whatever happens in life, happens... and all we can do is sit down and let things be.
    LucienRenejimmywolf
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    The MMORPG genre is pretty much dead right now. You have some indie kickstarter projects around, but really no AAA titles even being worked on, at least not in the west. Everything is either a MMOFPS or some kind of bastardized co-op game. The time and financial investment just  makes AAA MMORPG's not worth it in the current market. I have mostly given up for now and just resigned to the fact that the good old days of EQ and vanilla Wow are over. 
    AlverantVelifaxtime007
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    See that is the difference between AAA developers and kickstarter developers, when legitimate developers realize they can not deliver the game they promised they cancel the project and take the hit. When kickstarter developers realize, they lie, manipulate, and keep dragging it out to steal all the money they can. 

ShaightanastiaMikehaLucienReneVelifaxHatefullobiiAsch126
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited June 2017
    when did the lineage eternal team get replaced?  I've pretty much given up on that game and Lost Ark.  [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    MrMelGibsontime007
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited June 2017
    That is because sandbox/open world games almost always fail. No one (meaning the majority of people) wants to play a deathmatch PvP game that they can get a better experience in an FPS or Leagues of Legends (and their clones)

Even black desert online, it has PvP and is open world...but the most requested feature is a PVE server or/and optional PvP. The large majority of people just play it for PVE. Imagine if PvE was super limited like in most deathmatch PvP MMO clones? It be as dead as a door knob like all the others. Same with EVE, a huge portion of players don't even go to nullsec and stay in high sec.

The truth is, PvE has a far bigger fan base than PvP...open world and sandbox MMO developers seem to have failed to recognize a huge portion of their players (for the most part).
    KyleranSlyLoKMrMelGibsonEronakisMikehaThunder073PhryjimmywolfTyserieHatefulland 3 others.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited June 2017
    no its because big developer dont have a fucking clue what they are doing in that genre.

Ark, Rust, 7 days to die, Life is Fudeal all doing just fine.

yeah I know ''buuuuuut those games are not an MMO and that matters because of reasons...'
    KyleranMrMelGibsonMightyUncleanwingoodGeezerGamerIwaylo

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

psiic said:
    See that is the difference between AAA developers and kickstarter developers, when legitimate developers realize they can not deliver the game they promised they cancel the project and take the hit. When kickstarter developers realize, they lie, manipulate, and keep dragging it out to steal all the money they can. 

close.

its more the difference between AAA developers and indies. Meaning AAA developer when they get into kickstarters they do it strickly to exploit.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    donger56 said:
    The MMORPG genre is pretty much dead right now. You have some indie kickstarter projects around, but really no AAA titles even being worked on, at least not in the west. Everything is either a MMOFPS or some kind of bastardized co-op game. The time and financial investment just  makes AAA MMORPG's not worth it in the current market. I have mostly given up for now and just resigned to the fact that the good old days of EQ and vanilla Wow are over. 
    Maybe that amazon game? New world
    RexKushman

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I share your pain for Lineage Eternal.

I don't think any of those games (Besides maybe Bless), were a surprise when they got canceled. The writing was on the wall years before the games got their official departure notice. Lack of updates, lack of communication and zero interest from the developers standpoint were clear signs.
    Ridelynn
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    SEANMCAD said:
    psiic said:

close.

its more the difference between AAA developers and indies. Meaning AAA developer when they get into kickstarters they do it strickly to exploit.
    And indie developers don't?

Quite a fantasy world you got going there, scooter. 
    Gdemami

• GuizeeGuizee Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Dauzqul said:
    Is there any Open World MMO in the making that has not yet been released?

EverQuest "Next"
    - Being a longtime fan of the EQ series, I couldn't wait. I even purchased the "big" package for that horrid EverQuest Landmark... After years of waiting... CANCELED.

I didn't know Bless Online was canceled :( what a pity it was a game I was looking foward
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Sovrath said:
    Dauzqul said:
    EverQuest "Next" - Being a longtime fan of the EQ series, I couldn't wait. I even purchased the "big" package for that horrid EverQuest Landmark... After years of waiting... CANCELED.

I usually say this to people about relationships. You know, the people who consistently pick people who aren't right for them but they just keep doing it for "some reasons".

Apparently AAA titles are now the "bad boys" of the MMO industry.
    SavageHorizon
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Likely cancelled because "Ashes OF Creation" and "Crow Fall" are threatening the Western Market...

NCsoft is a really bad company, perhaps they are just the Publisher for other games im not sure but every game they have played I haven't stayed more than 5 months really nor will I play them anymore because of Game Guard, only thing I even bother with or have installed is Guild Wars 2.

EQ Next could have been developed great, but we are talking "Day Break Games" here bad developers who don't think or think about the wrong direction games need to go rather than doing things properly.

So yeah I dunno the only MMO worth playing still is Dark Fall the way I see it, perhaps EVE online if you can get around the Boredom, and requirement to Multi-Box / own multiple accounts for income unless you are sponsored and just a PVP Pilot all day but either way that takes time unless you Pay 2  Advance.
    LucienReneMrMelGibsonGdemamiAsch126
    Eldurian said:
    Sovrath said:
    Dauzqul said:

Apparently AAA titles are now the "bad boys" of the MMO industry.
    yes absolutely! and it should be obvious
    Gdemami

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    psiic said:

close.

And indie developers don't?

Quite a fantasy world you got going there, scooter. 
    on average? no far less.

AAA you can pretty much be 100% assured they will. in fact, the very term AAA it a marketing term that is used for the purposes of exploiting.
    Gdemami

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I was really looking forward to Everquest Next. 

ConstantineMerusLucienReneMrMelGibsonXarkobartoni33
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    donger56 said:

I haven't given up.I am still believing and hoping ...CAMELOT UNCHAINED will shine a light others can take courage from....and follow.

Till then,like others I chase illusions,false promises,and make compromises which turn into bad choices.

Heck....... perhaps I should go back to playing Witcher 3...there are still some surprises I haven't uncovered...and I'll never feel like I was chasing another illusion.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    This is the world of business. Things get canceled, revamped, bought out/sold, ect. As long as the cost of producing things go up, this will be a constant theme in the gaming industry. No longer are companies and investors willing to take risks on the unknown (hence crowd funding), the industry is a known and as long as projections can be made expect it to be the norm. Just get used to it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    psiic said:

Lol, because triple A developers never build a totally different game that rhetoric claimed, ship half complete, or straight up leave broken things unfixed. 

/eyeroll :smile:
  • AshaiaAshaia Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited June 2017

I agree, I was also very disappointed for the cancellation of EQ Next. I like the ideas of mechanics and AI which were presented during 2014 or so. And I also like the fresh graphic style, although it was cartoonish, but in some way also timeless which has its Advantages. I was looking Forward to Play those dark elves. Therefore, I also enjoyed to watch the combat Video of that game where you see them in Action:

I was able to play Bless Online (with the english patch) and it Looks quite nice with all its different races (still some to come like Sirens, Iblis and Faydin) and classes for an MMORPG, but it is quite resource demanding even for actual pc Systems and the combat is not that fluid as in other games (I think Tera Online still has the most fluid combat). I did not have any Server or lag issues fortunately, but I think from the Point of view of the Performance it Needs to be more polished. Maybe there is some hope that Neowiz continues to improve the game for a later release. See this statement here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/bless/news/neowiz-committed-to-bringing-the-game-to-the-west-1000044563

I do not know how much Money they want to invest in this game furthermore, as it already costed a lot and did not really has the success in the countries where it was release for beta (in Korea Servers merged from about 10 to 1 and closure of Russia Version for Revision; however beta launched in Japan). 

I was also looking Forward to Lineage Eternal. However, I enjoyed Lineage 2 and was more looking forward for a true Lineage 3 as successor, which is not the case with Lineage Eternal, which is more like a ARPG with MMO Elements. But I like also the isometric/3d style whereby I would whish to see also all little Details on the characters like in SACRED 1 (Gold) , where you can even see the amulet which you carry.

However, Lineage 2 - Revolution just launched for mobile and tablet, which is uses the unreal 4 engine and really Looks good on these platforms. It was developed by Netmarble with the license of NC SOFT. I just started to Play it on my mobile phone and has quite some complexity (maybe one of the most complext game/MMORPG for mobile phones). Lineage M is also coming, a mobile Version of Lineage 1 directly developed by NC SOFT. So I am curious whether and how all these lineage isometric versions will affect each other, as they will share the same Player base.

Actually, most of the announced MMORPGs sound good when they are announced, but the more they advance in development, the higher the risk they fail due to lack of Budget and therefore development time and the General struggle with complex game mechanisms typical for MMORPGs and not achieving the Quality Claims by Publishers, beta testers or even by the development Teams themselves. You really Need very good ideas and/or a big Company like Blizzard which has enough Money on the bank to develop such a game over years according to high expectations. however, I suppose that these are utopic conditions for most of the developing teams and is more or less some kind of dream of nostalgic, old players (including me ;) ) when remembering the "good old times" (whatever it was).

Alternatively, you just release something which Looks like a game/MMORPG with a nonsense background story, behind the mask of a f2p model, implementing lock boxes, paywalls or a cash shop (which is more like an anti-immersive, moneysucker looking like a candy shop) and offering some Special favors for real Money, which attracts some Players for a manageable, relatively short time period and then leave it run on a mediocre Level in all aspects. Thereby, not forgetting to suggest the Players that the f2p version of the game is not complete, that there is still something missing for complete enjoyment of the game, but you can solve it by buying trillions of DLCs, mod packs, Weapon packs, Skin packs, exp. boost packs , blala packs, XY packs etc... I disklike these Micro Transaction games and do not feel comfortable with that.

Post edited by Ashaia on
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I'm looking for a game to have the balls to go with a $25 or even $49 sub. No cash shop cheese.  No sanctioned RMT.  Just a straight sub at a fair price.
    AeanderMightyUncleanMrMelGibsonDauzqulXarkoGdemamiSirBalinAsch126Arclanzzaxand 1 other.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    $25-49 isnt a fair price....You'd be paying $300-600 a year just to play a video game....Most of us cant even justify paying $180 a year just to have access to a video game.....
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    $25-49 isnt a fair price....You'd be paying $300-600 a year just to play a video game....Most of us cant even justify paying $180 a year just to have access to a video game.....
    Not a fair price?  Don't play it if that's how you feel.  

When I play an MMORPG I play at LEAST 20 hours a week.  That's over 1000 hours a year.   Yeah if I am enjoying a game enough to play it for a year I think I can spring for 30 or 60 cents an hour (and that's on the high end... I'm sure many would play a lot more than 20 hours a week).

We already have more F2P games that I can count.   Go enjoy those all you want.  

I'm waiting for a game to have the balls to charge a real sub fee and ditch the cash shop/RMT cheese.  

MrMelGibsonShaighGdemamiArclan

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018